According to the toronto sun Raptors want Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

According to the toronto sun Raptors want Rondo

Here is the link: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/17/raptors-have-interest-in-rajon-rondo

"It’s no secret Boston has dangled four-time all-star Rajon Rondo league-wide and while the asking price is steep, he has piqued the interest of Toronto’s front office, according to multiple sources. Toronto is eager to up its “star” quotient and is also enamoured with Rondo’s resume, particularly his four all-defensive team selections (two all-NBA first team). He has many backers in the organization."

I don't see this happening, if Rondo wouldn't sign in Sactown why would he sign in Toronto?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: According to the toronto sun Raptors want Rondo

I dont' think he'll sign anywhere.  It's not in his best interest to sign right now.  It' a gamble on both ends to trade the guy.  If DA can find someone who'll take him "as is", then he'll be gone.  But, if you are giving up two draft picks, you want to know you'll have the guy for 4 years.

I think Rondo stays right here, until at least the off-season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i have to confess that this makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just a tad. if he's not willing to sign an extension, except perhaps with certain teams, are we going to find ourselves between a rock and a hard place a year from now, wanting desperately to trade him before we lose him outright? if that were to happen, it's possible that danny will overplay his hand. i guess we'll see. unlike some, i assume that danny knows a lot more about the possibilites than any sports writer might think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i have to confess that this makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just a tad. if he's not willing to sign an extension, except perhaps with certain teams, are we going to find ourselves between a rock and a hard place a year from now, wanting desperately to trade him before we lose him outright? if that were to happen, it's possible that danny will overplay his hand. i guess we'll see. unlike some, i assume that danny knows a lot more about the possibilites than any sports writer might think.

[/QUOTE]
    Yes we will 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not necessary this is a Rondo problem but rather it is the new CBA.  To get the max, he can't sign now, and he does not want to promise anyone unless he can get an offer on the table.  But no one can offer him the max yet until he is an unrestricted FA.  Am I missing something here?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anyone has any doubts as to why this guy needs to go, this is a glaring example...The guy's ego is out of proportion...he's won a championship here and refuses to move because HE doesn't feel like it...he truly believes he's better than he is....he'll end up walking after next season without us getting anything simply out of spite...you watch...DA has his work cut out for him...it'll get worse because now he realizes that he IS in play, regardless of what he thinks about his own ability...it's getting real for him...and he doesn't like it...

[/QUOTE]
    If Rondo walks and DA gets nothing..... DA gets exactly what he deserves.

ZILCH!!!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo is not a max contract player.

Go ahead and trade him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

If anyone has any doubts as to why this guy needs to go, this is a glaring example...The guy's ego is out of proportion...he's won a championship here and refuses to move because HE doesn't feel like it...he truly believes he's better than he is....he'll end up walking after next season without us getting anything simply out of spite...you watch...DA has his work cut out for him...it'll get worse because now he realizes that he IS in play, regardless of what he thinks about his own ability...it's getting real for him...and he doesn't like it...

Yo Melly!!!! Its called creating a monster........should dump him on the first reasonable offer. His downside is waaaaaay more possible than his upside paying dividends at this point. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Rondo should seriously consider the Raptors. They have some nice pieces. He would be running with Derozan,  Ross and would be very athletic.

I think if Ainge gets serious he could convince Rondo to go.

11. This post has been removed.