Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami

With the blatant disregard the Bulls have shown since their victory last night. I think it will suit our needs even better if we lose to Miami.  Let's win the other three games and slide into the playoffs as we did last year.  Losing in Miami will take us out of the conversation for the ECF's and put us into underdog status again.

Where we will thrive, both these teams are itching to be cocky and will get a real beatdown from us come playoff time.  Going in under radar will also give this team the needed anger that is missing right now.  All the Celtics want is for the playoffs to begin.  Let other teams think Ray, Paul and Rondo are no longer at the top of their games.  We will be ahead two games to nothing before they even know they are in trouble.  And this will happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami

NO NO and more NO.  A team must ALWAYS try to win.  Winning becomes a habit.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Did it hurt them last year?  We are talking about getting ready for the playoffs.  They stumbled into the playoffs last year and oddly so did the Lakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

No way we play win or loose and let the chips fall where they may

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Intentionally throwing a game against a team who you're fighting for playoff position with doesn't make sense. Teams who don't have home court advantage often win championships, but the odds are better with home court advantage. Given a choice a team would want home court advantage.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I didn't say intentionally lose but if we do their are precedents that it may motivate us and cause our opponents to get overconfident.

The team as I said stumbled last year and it was evident very soon after they were going to the finals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami:
    [QUOTE]NO NO and more NO.  A team must ALWAYS try to win.  Winning becomes a habit.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!   

If this team has to worry about who they play in the first or second round, then they're done, anyway.  You have to be able to beat anybody so we should get as good of a home court advantage as we can and get "winning" momentum going into the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Concord,

Lulling other teams into a false sense of security is of limited value.

Home court advantage is far superior.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We have to work with the hand we are dealt with.  Whether win or not does not effect my view of the our chances in the playoffs.  I want other teams to underestimate us. We are the kind of team that works very well for.  They can win in Miami, I never want them to lose, my point is that it matters little to our actual chances in the playoffs.  You guys seem to feel going into the playoffs with a head of steam is more important than it is.  Look at last year both the Celtics and Lakers were terrible the last two weeks.

Considering the injuries we have and the fact that we are still adjusting to all the new personnel it makes sense for us to ready a veteran team not extend it.

The two and three seed matter little.  All you have to do is look at last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Seriously, though, how would you expect the Celts to "deliberately" lose to the Heat?  If they don't bring it, they're liable to get blown out by 20-30 pts and I'm not so sure that's good for morale, notwithstanding your "underestimate" strategy.  I think this is overthinking the whole approach and the players should just go in and try to win the game.

In any case, I don't think the Bulls or the Heat will underestimate the Celts, regardless of the results of their last regular season meetings.  They know the Celts are a veteran group and will play hard; even if they lose sight of this in the first 1-2 games, I'm certain they'll wise up pretty quickly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am not that invested in being right on this.  I just wanted to remind everyone that this difficult group of games matter little in the big picture. Let's find something else to talk about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Still you shouldn't really want to be losing games heading into the finals. Especially against teams you'll meet in the finals, such as Chicago and Miami. Beating Miami is pretty crucial to Boston IMO as you mentally have it over them this season. You don't want to give them a sniff by having them win their last game against you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]NO NO and more NO.  A team must ALWAYS try to win.  Winning becomes a habit.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I am still very disappointed that we will end up the 2nd or 3rd
    seed after leading the Eastern Conference almost the entire season.  The past month has been very disappointing.  I really hope that the Celtics can win all of their remaining games.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]Still you shouldn't really want to be losing games heading into the finals. Especially against teams you'll meet in the finals, such as Chicago and Miami. Beating Miami is pretty crucial to Boston IMO as you mentally have it over them this season. You don't want to give them a sniff by having them win their last game against you.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
    The Lakers have lost to Denver Utah getting hammered by Portland and still play OKC and the Spurs 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Ridiculous proposition. What we need now is to build confidence and gain momentum entering the playoffs. Only idiots play to lose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]Still you shouldn't really want to be losing games heading into the finals. Especially against teams you'll meet in the finals, such as Chicago and Miami. Beating Miami is pretty crucial to Boston IMO as you mentally have it over them this season. You don't want to give them a sniff by having them win their last game against you.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I don't think we should be tossing any games especially against Wade and the diva show hes got going on there BUT I don't think its a game where we should be running Ray, Pierce, KG, and Rondo into the ground.

Watching them tonight Ray is obviously fatigued and the fact he hasn't gotten a game off yet is nuts. Rondo looks like he is getting tired of players slacking, and KG is well KG. 

The only thing we gain by beating Miami is a nice 4-0 sparkle on the record sheet. If we sweep them it really won't affect them come playoff time. As much as we all hate those guys they have the same championship aspirations we do and Lebron must be getting a bit tired of hearing how Boston will always be taking him out. When we play the Heat it's going to be a very long draining series. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]Did it hurt them last year?  We are talking about getting ready for the playoffs.  They stumbled into the playoffs last year and oddly so did the Lakers.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

This is not the same team as last year... even Pierce said we can't rely on what happened last year ... a lot has changed around the league

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

posted at 4/8/2011 6:55 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=472467753526ed2593cebeb6ae3f14fe&plckUserId=472467753526ed2593cebeb6ae3f14fe">
    First: 3/16/2011
    Last: 4/8/2011
    Sounds to me like an excuse ahead of time...
    Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers will be Celtics in 2012 According to Mr. Bad Luck Jinx P34, Fierce-34 or whatever he's calling him self today.
    By the way I don't have a man Crush on Paul Pierce... Or Kyceltic for that matter...
    spoken like a true Laker fan Rico
    Sounds to me like an excuse ahead of time
    Sounds to me like an excuse ahead of time...
    Dwight Howard and Austin Rivers will be Celtics
    (Sounds like an excuse to me)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics will be fine in the playoffs with a win in Miami or with a loss.  It looks like we will be healthy that is what counts most.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

there would be zero benefit. c's can get homecourt against lakers possibly as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics will be fine in the playoffs with a win in Miami or with a loss.  It looks like we will be healthy that is what counts most.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yea Concord go ahead and lose games so you can get into your opponents head! Sounds like a cockamamie scheme to me. Yeah weasel your way thru the playoffs.  Thats your only shot!!! Doesnt suprise me coming from a Celtic fan!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

we had our slide time to take control of our destiny

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

no-one is going to underestimate us this time, not after last season.

I want homecourt advantage against miami, lakers, OKC and dallas