After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fas...

In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : They need a great Paul Pierce, great KG, and great Ray to win a ring also.  Its not just Rondo.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Right but Rondo is the straw that stirs the drink ... don't forget it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fas...

In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : ohhh soo bc he didnt continue playing at an ALL WORLD level during the last 4 games of the finals that means he sucked the entire postseason..i see how it works now.  btw 18 8 and 5, 10 6 and 5, and 14 10 and 8 the last 3 games of the series. i think thats FAR from TERRIBLE. fairly average? yes. is he not allowed to have those kind of games? you thinking those stats are terrible proves that even you know what rondo is capable of.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

no, you don't see how it works.  you're trying to gin up some fake argument / logic to make yourself feel more secure about rondo.  i am happy when rondo does well.  the bottom line is that given his talents- mentally and physically, he should be elite all the time.

instead you have a tenuous playoff existence that has UNDENIABLY DEPENDED ON HOW MUCH LATE SEASON MOMENTUM HE BUILDS WITH HIS SHOT when he "starts trying" with about 15 games to go.

go check the box scores the last two years.  this is what rondo does instead of being fundamentally solid all the time.

therefore, what happens is that his elite skill level HAS NOT lasted the entirety of the playoffs in any year.  he goes cold, it gets inside his head and the team suffers.

answer some easy questions for me- should a five year veteran starting PG be struggling @ 54% with his foul shot to begin with?  none of this stuff is my fault and i have nothing personal against rondo.

but i do have a problem with someone who is not hustling, not trying to improve, visibly regressing before your very eyes and if he is hurt then why isn't he out resting his mind and body starting NOW? 

i think i know the answer, i'm pretty sure i'm right and i'm pretty sure it is nothing new.  and if i'm right then there is a circle of dysfunction that is in effect working against the selflessness that this team has hung its hat on for this run at greatness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : Right but Rondo is the straw that stirs the drink ... don't forget it!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

But Paul is the ingredients.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Wel can KG be the cup or something??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Wel can KG be the cup or something??
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

He is the glass, he keeps it all together

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Ray is is salt and pepper for the bloody mary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : aren't you supposed to be tolliver-ing it over to the sidelines? righteous or observant?  i can't possibly know anything and therefore you can't possibly know that i'm righteous?  did you talk to me?  do you know me?  this is the nihilist analysis viewpoint that gets thrust into any critical thinking's way.  i don't fall for it.  i call it like i see it. we've had nate and bradley all year and now we have bradley, arroyo and delonte and rondo still is getting used for 30 minutes a game.  what's your excuse now? you, who are righteous about anfernee tolliver being better than home town hustle favorite glen davis, are criticizing me for being righteous about rondo's play, discipline in mastering fundamentals and ceding authority to doc and/or danny?  listen smallbrains, go find something else to do and enjoy your self induced exile.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I'll go to the guillotine as soon as your boy Fierce gives up the ghost ... and nobody here ever said Tolliver was better and you know that.

Has discipline taught Rondo to be a great playmaker? The core of this team doesn't score "easy" baskets without his play and that's why they are struggling and that's why the other PG's have failed. The big three don't make Rondo better ... he makes them younger via easy scoring, something the other PG's haven't been able to do, so by your rationale they haven't improved their own games with your so called "discipline. "

Get over yourself ... you don't call it as you see it, but as you'd like, period ... hence righteous and one doesn't need to know you or talk with you in person  when you spell it out in writing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : I'll go to the guillotine as soon as your boy Fierce gives up the ghost ... and nobody here ever said Tolliver was better and you know that. Has discipline taught Rondo to be a great playmaker? The core of this team doesn't score "easy" baskets without his play and that's why they are struggling and that's why the other PG's have failed. The big three don't make Rondo better ... he makes them younger via easy scoring, something the other PG's haven't been able to do, so by your rationale they haven't improved their own games with your so called "discipline. " Get over yourself ... you don't call it as you see it, but as you'd like, period ... hence righteous and one doesn't need to know you or talk with you in person  when you spell it out in writing.

ticktock, ticktock...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : ticktock, ticktock...
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be saying something like:

"Yea, we won. Over. PP was great. Over. I have nothing clever to say. Over. So I post lame comments on every thread. Over. Cuz I'm bored like Acie and too young to be able to spank the monkey. Over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck!"

Re: Big baby complains about role

posted at 9/30/2010 12:51 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 3/17/2011
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : For a Celtic fan you sure sound like GreenKiller.  I'm glad that you said on record that Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this season. That way we can look back and see if you're right or wrong.  By the way, has Josh Boone got an invite from other teams already? 
    Posted by P34

Aside from your mouth, what's your measuring stick .... some obscure measurement of energy, determination and facial expressions like BTU's or real stats?

Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Efficiency ... Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/

Note: This will be based on regular season stats as determined by NBA.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : I'll go to the guillotine as soon as your boy Fierce gives up the ghost ... and nobody here ever said Tolliver was better and you know that. Has discipline taught Rondo to be a great playmaker? The core of this team doesn't score "easy" baskets without his play and that's why they are struggling and that's why the other PG's have failed. The big three don't make Rondo better ... he makes them younger via easy scoring, something the other PG's haven't been able to do, so by your rationale they haven't improved their own games with your so called "discipline. " Get over yourself ... you don't call it as you see it, but as you'd like, period ... hence righteous and one doesn't need to know you or talk with you in person  when you spell it out in writing.

no, i really don't think so.  i think rondo's natural interest in the game was playmaking and he's smart and was naturally good at it.  he used to be a high school quarterback and was good at that too.  another position that controls distribution of a ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Non Ball Players...smh    -easy to judge from the sideline Karl.  Maybe if Doc had the gut or nerve to sit his a ss down he would heal up.  I think he is stubborn for playing..but to say he doesnt have P.F. because he is playing....well makes no sense.  You arent a ball player and you dont sound like a Doctor either.  So if you dont believe in P.F. or that he has it....Whats your analysis of why he fell off the map...   Do you subscribe to the "he misses Perk"  theory?  or is it the "he is bored" theory?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]c

Jay, you sure are jumping to some conclusions..

First off, never said Rondo doesnt have PF.. I said it shouldnt be used as an excuse because if it is a problem, the last thing the Celtics would be doing is allowing Rondo to play.  Perhaps the most important treatment for the condition, according to the Mayo Clinic (not me) is STAY OFF YOUR FEET and DONT RUN!

Now, if you want to attribute ROndo still playing because he is stubborn and refuses to sit...well, I dont buy it one bit.

THe Celts have sat Shaq until he is 100%, not 99 but 100%!!  They dont want him back until all the pain goes away.

DA has alot invested in Rondo and with the playoffs coming up do you really think both Doc & DA would defer to Rondos desire to play at the cost of losing him for the playoffs or causing more severe pain???  Nonsense!!

SO my point was and still is.... if PF is being used as an excuse for Rondos poor play, its a fraud for the above reasons.  Rondo will not override the doctors, coach & GM for whats best for himself & the team.

Doc & DA would be committing suicide (figuratively) in allowing that to happen regardless of how big Rondos ego or stubborness may be

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Karl, All I am saying, is How can people say that Rondo is calling the shots, He pouts if Doc sits him, he waives off Doc when its time to come out, but then turn around and say Doc and Danny would never let Rondo play when he is hurt?  I think those are 2 statements that come out the mouth of a lot of his critics and it could not be more contradictory.  So far as Shaq..ummmm, I think its pretty Simple.  Shaq is a dinasour and was only brought here for the playoffs and doesnt facilitate the offense, so its not imperative for him to be there right now.  

Rondo on the other hand is the guy that stirs the pot and Doc most  likely will play Rondo if he takes it easy and sais he can go just so can keep some cohesiveness in the starting lineup. Doc knows that a 70% percent Rondo is better than a Bradley at 150% (these old starters need Rondo's passing ability to bve succesful)  We have a very capable Center that is taking Shaqs place and playing well.  WHat capable guys do we have behind Rondo?......ummm Delonte, who just got back last night and accordingly you finally saw Rondo play less than 30 minutes.  I dont see why this is so trivial.  Take your emotions out the equation and use ur logic.  Rondo didnt get to the all-star game for his popularity cuz most people hate him.  The fact is he lit it up the 1st half and is still leading the league in assists after having a terrible month.  No one had a problem with him not shooting while we were compiling the 2nd best record in the NBA.  So, ignore the inuries, and just make up some crap about Perk effecting his ability to jump, shoot and go to the basket?!  I choose to use simple logic that a player does not fall of the map for emotional reasons...Rondo is mentally tougher than that.  Also, please dont tell me about Arroyo, as he just got here and was a throwaway on a team that was desperate for pg help. Im tired of defending this guy, but you guys never get tired of piling on....im just gonna let the situation play out and hope Delonte continues to allow him to rest.  I hope you can bear to watch the playoffs with the Bum running the show...you really should try, its gonna be fun to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : I read the article and agree with you that the injury is nothing to play with.  But it is obvious that in addition to his injury, you can see that something else is bothering him.  The fact of the matter is he had these nicks and bumps when we last played Miami and LA and he found it and brought it on both ends of the court and you can bet if this was one of those games or the playoffs you would see it.  My issue with Rondo is it is noticebale the he "pouts" sometimes and from my vantage point he knows Doc won't pull him, he should step up, like a Ray Allen, I need a day of or beg out for minutes because the the playoffs are big.   Frankly, I am a HUGE RONDO fan, but some of this has shown me that he has not taken the next step in terms of leadership (to call himself out) and just do it in the next game.   I just have questioned some of his decision making in the game.  Honestly, as D-West comes back and Carlos gets more acclimated Rondo will see that Doc won't hesitate in leaving D-West in longer if he has the ship moving in the right direction.   And if I look at all the moves Danny made now you see there is legitimate competition for minutes for key persons Big Baby, Rondo, and other bench guys.   
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]
    are you a real psychiatrist or just an amateur know-it all?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : c Jay, you sure are jumping to some conclusions.. First off, never said Rondo doesnt have PF.. I said it shouldnt be used as an excuse because if it is a problem, the last thing the Celtics would be doing is allowing Rondo to play.  Perhaps the most important treatment for the condition, according to the Mayo Clinic (not me) is STAY OFF YOUR FEET and DONT RUN! Now, if you want to attribute ROndo still playing because he is stubborn and refuses to sit...well, I dont buy it one bit. THe Celts have sat Shaq until he is 100%, not 99 but 100%!!  They dont want him back until all the pain goes away. DA has alot invested in Rondo and with the playoffs coming up do you really think both Doc & DA would defer to Rondos desire to play at the cost of losing him for the playoffs or causing more severe pain???  Nonsense!! SO my point was and still is.... if PF is being used as an excuse for Rondos poor play, its a fraud for the above reasons.  Rondo will not override the doctors, coach & GM for whats best for himself & the team. Doc & DA would be committing suicide (figuratively) in allowing that to happen regardless of how big Rondos ego or stubborness may be
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Your knowledge of the locker room leads me to believe you must be the guy that does the laundry.How else would you know what everyone`s thinking there? Or maybe you`re a sport`s injury physician. Then again, maybe you`re just an armchair expert who likes to engage in character assassination.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles. : Your knowledge of the locker room leads me to believe you must be the guy that does the laundry.How else would you know what everyone`s thinking there? Or maybe you`re a sport`s injury physician. Then again, maybe you`re just an armchair expert who likes to engage in character assassination.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

What locker room knowledge are you referring to? For that matter, anything you included in your post.

Do you usually just make stuff up so you can make a post?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I like the rest idea, but Rondo will hate it. Now that they have Delonte back and Arroyo getting into a groove, I'd cut Rondo's minutes back even more...from 30 to perhaps 20.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Jay, your piling up everyones statements on this forum and attributing them to me.

IF Doc knows Rondo is the guy stirring the pot and hes at 70% ( as you say) why on earth would he not let Rondo get healthy for when it really counts, the playoffs? Since he's the pot stirrer, why use him at 70% and risk his performance and health to get progressively worse?

Im gonna agree with you that Rondo didnt get to the allstar game cause of a popularity contest...although that does play a huge part cause its the fans voting (explain Yao Ming as a starter)

Yet the allstar Rondo is not even close to the player he is right now.

So if its due to injury... its a hard pill to swallow watching him out there playing all these minutes and stinking it up... especially when rest is what is prescribed for such an injury and definitely Running is not. Thats why it doesnt make sense to me. Logical?

I have no real emotion in this other than that of a fan wondering whats happened to him.  THere are all sorts of opinions floating around as to why...according to Doc, ROndo is just not playing well... mention of injury was not part of it. 

That about sums it up... hes not playing well and most of us dont know why so we speculate.  If hes hurting, he should be healed...if hes not, the answer lies elsewhere..  Speculate away

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Karliost, the logic is this.  Plantar fasciitis does not go away with a few games rest.  It doesn't go away with a few weeks rest.  It usually doesn't go away with a couple of months of rest.  So the problem for Doc and Danny is that shutting Rondo down pretty much guarantees that they lose him for the rest of the season.  Playing him and hoping that the condition doesn't get a lot worse is a reasonable alternative, especially with an ageing team whose window of opportunity is beginning to close.  But that's a calculated gamble.  It's not a forumula, as you seem to believe. 

Plantar fasciitis generally makes it a lot more difficult to play than a sprained ankle does.  Nearly everyone bounces right back from a sprained ankle.  Hardly anyone bounces right back from PF.  Sprained ankles can be treated with a high degree of success.  Plantar fasciitis can be temporarily and partially alleviated for a while, but not over the course of an entire NBA season.  Flare-ups are virtually guaranteed.  It appears that a flare-up has occurred in Rondo's case, which would account for the sudden deterioration in his play.

Got it?  It's not that hard if you really, really concentrate.  Try it.

As for those haters who keep saying that Doc either has no control over Rondo, or is afraid to hurt his feelings because he might "pout" - that's pure speculation with absolutely NO supporting evidence.  That Rondo "waves Doc off" on occasion is no different from what ANY other starter does.  If Doc isn't sure whether a player is hurt after getting beat up on a play, he ASKS the player if he needs to come out.  Sitting five rows behind the bench, I've heard him do this numerous times. Usually the answer is "no", sometimes the player indicates that he does need to come out.  

To make up multiple-person psycho-dramas to justify one's hatred of a player is just a little sick, in my opinion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Amen Bro

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Karliost, the logic is this.  Plantar fasciitis does not go away with a few games rest.  It doesn't go away with a few weeks rest.  It usually doesn't go away with a couple of months of rest.  So the problem for Doc and Danny is that shutting Rondo down pretty much guarantees that they lose him for the rest of the season.  Playing him and hoping that the condition doesn't get a lot worse is a reasonable alternative, especially with an ageing team whose window of opportunity is beginning to close.  But that's a calculated gamble.  It's not a forumula, as you seem to believe.  Plantar fasciitis generally makes it a lot more difficult to play than a sprained ankle does.  Nearly everyone bounces right back from a sprained ankle.  Hardly anyone bounces right back from PF.  Sprained ankles can be treated with a high degree of success.  Plantar fasciitis can be temporarily and partially alleviated for a while, but not over the course of an entire NBA season.  Flare-ups are virtually guaranteed.  It appears that a flare-up has occurred in Rondo's case, which would account for the sudden deterioration in his play. Got it?  It's not that hard if you really, really concentrate.  Try it. As for those haters who keep saying that Doc either has no control over Rondo, or is afraid to hurt his feelings because he might "pout" - that's pure speculation with absolutely NO supporting evidence.  That Rondo "waves Doc off" on occasion is no different from what ANY other starter does.  If Doc isn't sure whether a player is hurt after getting beat up on a play, he ASKS the player if he needs to come out.  Sitting five rows behind the bench, I've heard him do this numerous times. Usually the answer is "no", sometimes the player indicates that he does need to come out.   To make up multiple-person psycho-dramas to justify one's hatred of a player is just a little sick, in my opinion. 
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

My sense is that Rondo is a lot sick  after 5 years of soap opera swirling around his game.

Where there is smoke, there is usually  fire.

Pud