After Thoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

After Thoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/11

Well I missed the pre game show so my first afterthought was, where the heck is Ray??

Now about the game, not only did we beat the Hawks but we also beat the refs!! Im glad we kept our composure and stayed in the game. Following the miami game this game seals the deal for me. I now believe we are ready for the play offs. Any team, any round, we are ready for whatever adversary that comes our way. Whether its physically play, high energy oponents, one sided referees. We have the composure and mental ability to focus and stay in the game.

I love Pp and respect that he is playing on a high level but id like to see him bring it down about a half of a notch. Theres  been aa few cases lately when instead of him makng the most effecient play he has tried to play hero and swing for the home run. He has to trust in his team mates and draw defenders then dish to the open man. Less fade away jump shots with defenders in your face.

Also I noticed at the end of games when Doc draws up plays in close games we try to force the play we want. When the other team knows exactly what we want to do and take it away from us we cannot try to force the play anyways, we should take what they are giving us. We knew it, I knew it and the Hawks knew we wanted to go to KG at the end and they played KG tight Pp seen it and should have adjust yet he forces the ball to KG and leaves him with seconds to spare and we ended up with a defended fade away outside KG's range.

Other notes: Glad to see Pietrus back, love the kid. Watching his post game interview how could you not. Glad Bass is fine I swear i saw our chances flash before my eyes when I seen Bass grabbing his knee after coming down with no contact.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: After Thoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/11

We knew it, I knew it and the Hawks knew we wanted to go to KG at the end and they played KG tight Pp seen it and should have adjust yet he forces the ball to KG and leaves him with seconds to spare and we ended up with a defended fade away outside KG's range.

I'd also appreciate if the Celtics stop wasting an excessive amount of clock on final possessions of the quarter. It's okay to let the clock drop from 24 to 10, but give yourself an opportunity for a putback. Even if the other team rebounds the miss, they still have to go the length of the floor in minimal time. It seems like 9 out of 10 times when Rondo or Pierce just stand at the perimeter watching the clock go down, the Celtics end up with nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

COMRADE, great idea for a thread! you should do this after every game. If you don't, I'll plagiarize your thought. Once the game is done, the game thread is done! the big story of the game is that the CELTS had their biggest rebounding edge game in almost 2 years.. we had a +17 edge over the hawks, a team that rebounds it very well. we have now outrebounded our last 3 opponents after not doing so consistently in previous games. that's the best trend for this team going forward. thats the STEAMER effect. if he can stay in there without all the fouls esp when we play the bulls, we should coast to the FINALS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Leastern conference rubbish= zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

I agree david, Pp took way too much time off of the clock. On the play when he reached back and clocked josh smith he was way outside the perimeter with 10 seconds left. I was glad to see he was taking it to the rim and not jump shooting but youre right, they arent leaving enough time for an offensive rebound and second shot attempt. That limits them to only one attempt. I would think the way they play defense leaving a second or two on the clock possibly wouldnt be so bad, especially if they actually made the basket and took a 2-3 point lead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Contrarian
    I sure will try to keep the after thoughts going after every game.

How could i forget our big rebounding night!! It kind of backs up my afterthoughts from the miami game. Alot of games we shoot a high percentage, and since were not a great offensive rebounding team our shooting percentage goes against our rebound total. Tonight both teams shot poorly which led to our high volume of rebounds tonight. Im looking forward to us to continue improving on our rebounds. I think this is a different team from the past years, we need to crash the boards. Bass, steimsma have been crashing a little more and rondo and bradley have been pesting around to steal a rebound or two. Although sometimes we still have the habit of retreating as soon as the shot goes up, so there is still room for improvement, this should only be the beginning to our rebound success

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Good game, Hawks played good defense.....C's held their on, PP missed some shots that went in and rattled out, but the C's won. Happy, happy, happy!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In Response to Re: After Thoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/11:
    [QUOTE]We knew it, I knew it and the Hawks knew we wanted to go to KG at the end and they played KG tight Pp seen it and should have adjust yet he forces the ball to KG and leaves him with seconds to spare and we ended up with a defended fade away outside KG's range. I'd also appreciate if the Celtics stop wasting an excessive amount of clock on final possessions of the quarter. It's okay to let the clock drop from 24 to 10, but give yourself an opportunity for a putback. Even if the other team rebounds the miss, they still have to go the length of the floor in minimal time. It seems like 9 out of 10 times when Rondo or Pierce just stand at the perimeter watching the clock go down, the Celtics end up with nothing.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Were the hawks out of timeouts?  If not, do they really have to bring up the ball?  I thought in the nba you could advance the ball as long as you didn't put it on the floor (or is it pass too?) first.