AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Miami 10/30/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

Re: AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Miami 10/30/12

PUd is just a classless idiot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToshUK. Show ToshUK's posts

In some ways, Pud doesn't know his a'ss from first base!

Top player needs to augment!

GO Celtics!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

For you Celtic fans.. answer this:

Why is Allen willing to "come off the bench" in Miami and left Boston because he did not like the idea of "coming off the bench" in Boston? Did some sort if internal team issue cause him to leave?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For you Celtic fans.. answer this:

Why is Allen willing to "come off the bench" in Miami and left Boston because he did not like the idea of "coming off the bench" in Boston? Did some sort if internal team issue cause him to leave?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.

I like Bradley, Terry, Lee and Barbosa a lot better than Allen and Marquis Daniels.

Don't you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea it hasn't worked out too well for us this Rondo at point guard has it?

[/QUOTE]

Sometime yes and sometimes no. Sometimes great and sometime awful.

I had to LOL at the totally useless "fake behind the back pass" that R9R has perfected. All style, zero substance. Like his GQ internship.

If he's going to impress, impress by going to the line, sinking his FTs and taking/hitting open 15 footers to the point that defenders have to finally honor his shot.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

so now its come to this..you are choosing to criticize his signature move, even though it works virtually EVERY TIME? 

Since you obv dont watch the games, ill explain why it works: Rajon uses screens and once the screen guys defender comes off, he often uses a simple behind the back pass to the screener for an open jump shot. Many call it, "Pick and Pop." Garnett and Bass have been the most benefited by this play. So, bc Rondo is always making that pass, defenders have to account for it when he decides to do the fake, which is why it always works. 

You call it useless, I, Celtic fans, coaches, other NBA players, coaches, GM's, call it brilliant. Guess only one basketball fan in the country knows what he is talking about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea it hasn't worked out too well for us this Rondo at point guard has it?

[/QUOTE]

Sometime yes and sometimes no. Sometimes great and sometime awful.

I had to LOL at the totally useless "fake behind the back pass" that R9R has perfected. All style, zero substance. Like his GQ internship.

If he's going to impress, impress by going to the line, sinking his FTs and taking/hitting open 15 footers to the point that defenders have to finally honor his shot.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

so now its come to this..you are choosing to criticize his signature move, even though it works virtually EVERY TIME? 

Since you obv dont watch the games, ill explain why it works: Rajon uses screens and once the screen guys defender comes off, he often uses a simple behind the back pass to the screener for an open jump shot. Many call it, "Pick and Pop." Garnett and Bass have been the most benefited by this play. So, bc Rondo is always making that pass, defenders have to account for it when he decides to do the fake, which is why it always works. 

You call it useless, I, Celtic fans, coaches, other NBA players, coaches, GM's, call it brilliant. Guess only one basketball fan in the country knows what he is talking about.

[/QUOTE]

The same guy that is going to get arrested for hiding in Rondo's bushes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's be realistic guys. NBA experts don't think the Celts will win a championship or beat the Heat in the east. 

The reason why I'm very optimistic about this season is because the Celts got younger and more athletic. Celtic basketball is fun to watch again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you Fiercest. I recall you and I lamented after many games we lost the rebound battles. There are many posts this AM that playing small is not the answer & w/o KG in we are toast. We probably have the best wing rebounders (6'9" players) in the game & the best rebounding guard, Rondo. Sure I'd like a 7 footer but 2 of them didn't help the Lakers---a bit of satisfaction to ease my unhappiness with our loss !!! They can't blame the refs as they got 31 foul shots and made 12 missed 19 !!!

Last year we were last in rebounding & probably got outrebounded 7 out of 10 games(guessitmate) but shooting 45-50% & good "D"we were able to make it to the finals. I'm confident we'll win more games this year. Last night we got 41 rebs to 36 but the Heat shot .544% and .500% on 3s getting 8 and we weren't bad shooting with .520% & .462% for 6 threes. The Heat are World Champs & played very well on their court. Don't see Laker trolls commenting on our loss. How would we have felt loosing to Dallas on our home court with Dirk & Kaman out ??? Our performance last night would have beaten many other teams---pending better "D" & improved chemistry of best matchups !!!

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to stackgtr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well first game of the season, and first thing I want to say is, we arent as ready as I thought we were!! Jeff Green wasnt himself at all and it took Terry some time to get into the fold of things. I would have liked Sullinger to start. I understand why Doc started Bass, but more and more like big baby Bass seems to over extend himself when his emotions are flowing and the moment is big.

Miami was hot tonight, made most of their threes, something that wont happen every night. So I wouldnt read too much into this loss tonight. What a good test to come have for the first game of the season, against miami. It will take some time before we get our defense up to par and get our offense into sync. It should come before midway into the season. I predict us to be a fourth maybe fifth seed until we get it together and jump into the top 3 seeds as the season comes to an end and be primed for a deep run.

Barbosa was a big surprise, I see him making a big impact on our team. Possibly edging out Lee for the starting sg. Which says alot because Lee has been playing great and has made an impact himself. We have alot of options at the 2 gaurd and its interesting to see how Doc figures it out.

Its hard digging into deeper player analysist since this is the first game of the season, but these are my afterthoughts.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think we will the  be the 2nd best team in the east. Brooklyn is ok but we are deep and just need to get some chemistry and experience. I thought JEff took a step back in the agressiveness department but I also think it was due to the hightened importance of the game, emotions, etc that made him press. That early block didnt help either but against less talented teams he will still be the guy we saw in preseason I think. People dont realize that as much as the BIg 3 in Miami can score, they can all defend on a HIGH level when they want to give them credit but we are a Good team, nothing to hang our heads about. We will be the 2nd best team in east this year no problem barring injuries...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

My thoughts after last night:

Impressed with team speed vs the last few years

Pierce looked great in the first half... invisible in the second half

KG looked exhausted from the start.... more importantly where was the pick and pop to get him open jumpshots like he did so well last year.... back to basket KG ? Not going to work!!

Defense was horrible.... esp. pick and roll defense... also too much gambling by Lee and Rondo

Offense has potential 

Lee looked great other than fouls

Greene looked lost all night

Rondo played well but has to do that for 4 quarters not 2

Terry looked ok but I think the Cs need to play to his strengths and get him his shots like we did with Allen

Barbosa.... off the charts good last night ...hope it continues

Overall Im optomistic with the potential but thats all it is right now....lets see how we are in a month or so....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's be realistic guys. NBA experts don't think the Celts will win a championship or beat the Heat in the east. 

The reason why I'm very optimistic about this season is because the Celts got younger and more athletic. Celtic basketball is fun to watch again.

yey !!pierce and kg are young again im excited....(and uncle terry)

[/QUOTE]

The reason I am optimistic about the Celts is that they have some players with a lot of room to grow and that they have pieces to improve at the trade deadline.  This will be a fun season.

[/QUOTE]

True!

The ideal player the Celts should have is Josh Smith. Smith matches up well with a team like the Heat. He can exploit Battier inside and he's fast and quick enough to defend the perimeter.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Im not sure we need another star player. Jeff Green can be a star player. Yes I agree he has to be more aggressive first and realize that he can take over a game at any point he wants to. I wouldnt be mad if we ran a play for him every single time down the floor while he was in the game. He needs to develop a killer instinct.

I think Sullinger can handle himself against bosh and alot of other star nba bigs. I remember at one point in the game last night Bosh caught the ball and realized he had Sullinger on him and he immediately posted him up and tried to take it to the basket and Sullinger stood his ground and stayed with Bosh defensively and caused him to miss. I think Doc needs to have a little more faith and let him play!!

As far as the experts, what they say means nothing. None of them had us competing with miami last year, and with a few bad calls by the refs we outplayed and almost beat them in 5-6 games. Even with those bad calls we took them to seven games before bowing out. With a new retooled roster, more youth, and more talent I dont expect any less, and hopefully without those few bad calls from the refs, I dont see why we cant beat them.