Ainge call Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge call Doc

So we hear all these reports that Doc is waiting to see what Ainge is going to do with PP and KG. Doc probably doesn't want to turn the team over to Rondo. Maybe they are talking...who knows, but if they aren't Ainge needs to find out from Doc what he wants to do. The plan should already be formalized on what they plan to do.

If Doc doesn't want to come back, Ainge needs to jump on a few coaches pretty quick. I would mind Jerry Sloan because he's no nonsense and wouldn't deal with Rondo's attitude. Sloan would also be able to help us land either Big Al or Millsap. If not Sloan then McMillan.

Hopefully they figure out quick before all the good coaches are gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Ainge call Doc

THE DUKE  I agree with you 100%......is it time for a major change? ....Sloan would be my first choice...Karl would also work.....Brian Shaw maybe...? Ainge and Doc need to sit down and decide where this franchise is headed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sloan is too old, the last guy we need.  It appears that Doc is not happy with the team in rebuild mode.  I am kind of disappointed in him if he is.  He is not helping the team with his game here.  That said I hope he comes back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If I'm Ainge and Doc wants to come back and I bring PP and KG back. I would tell him look, I will bring them back but you HAVE to start playing some younger guys and moving this franchise in the right direction. Doc cannot keep coaching the way he's been coaching. He reverts back to the vets all the time and then we end up looking old.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Doc Rivers knew the Celtics would be rebuilding sooner than later when he signed that contract in 2011.

I don't buy that crap about Doc not wanting to coach if there's no KG and Pierce. 

Then where is he?  He avoids comment about his future.  I agree with you he should stay,  but something is up with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Doc Rivers knew the Celtics would be rebuilding sooner than later when he signed that contract in 2011.

I don't buy that crap about Doc not wanting to coach if there's no KG and Pierce. 

I do.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Should KG and PP go elsewhere, I think it would be valuable for Doc to go as well. I also think Sloan would be a good fit since he stresses fundamentals and teamwork (both especially important with young players). Plus, if we free up funds and get Milsap or Al, the relationship they have with Sloan could be the foundation of solid team chemistry. I believe that the longer the delay on these decisions, the more likely it is that, at a minimum, one or more of the three (KG, PP, Doc) are headed out.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

A quotable quote from the ageless Jerry Sloan:

"I don't care if he's 19 or 30. If he's going to be on the floor in the NBA, he's got to be able to step up and get after it. We can't put diapers on him one night, and a jockstrap the next night. It's just the way it is."

Sounds like just what the Cs need.

Someone to take charge.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Then where is he?  He avoids comment about his future.  I agree with you he should stay,  but something is up with him.

I agree.  I wouldn't be surprised if he does leave.  Although, I am not sure who Danny would hire to replace Doc if this happened. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

He is the second highest paid coach in the NBA behind Pop who has executive functions too. 

He is not going anywhere.  A TV gig does not pay that much. 

The diva may threat to quit, but that is just postering because he would hate to coach 5 rookies. 

Danny does not know what he is going to do.  He is going to try to trade Pierce's contract on draft night, but does not know yet if he will get something good in return. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If I'm Ainge and Doc wants to come back and I bring PP and KG back. I would tell him look, I will bring them back but you HAVE to start playing some younger guys and moving this franchise in the right direction. Doc cannot keep coaching the way he's been coaching. He reverts back to the vets all the time and then we end up looking old.

This is so unbelievable wrong. Doc does not discriminate against the younger guys. His stance is clear, he is going to put the best players on the court. Doc has never said his system is to never play rookies, it just happens to be built around defense and the young guys who don't get minutes simply are not good enough defensively to get the minutes.

Hate on Doc's evaluation of players if you must, but dont talk like its his system to ony play vets...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I like one of the guys who's been assistant coach. Lawrence Frank is still available right? He's a type of coach who could grow with a rebuilding team. 

I think Danny's master plan is to roll with Doc for a couple more years and hopfully time a switch with Thibs contract ending/firing. It'd be ideal to contend for two more years with KG, get Thibs to rebuild for 3 or 4, then get Doc back after a long hiatus.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

R9R, please explain why guys leave the C's and get more minutes on other teams? Everyone knows Doc has a script of minutes. PP will still get the majority of the minutes and we won't sign a rugged PF to play next to KG. Green should've BEEN starting over PP. Ainge should've signed Kenyon Martin to go with KG.

Why did neither happen? I'll tell you wahy because Doc plays guys until the wheels fall off. This is why we've had so many injuries over the last 4-5 years. Injuries happen but Doc has never created good depth since we've won the title.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

So we hear all these reports that Doc is waiting to see what Ainge is going to do with PP and KG. Doc probably doesn't want to turn the team over to Rondo. Maybe they are talking...who knows, but if they aren't Ainge needs to find out from Doc what he wants to do. The plan should already be formalized on what they plan to do.

If Doc doesn't want to come back, Ainge needs to jump on a few coaches pretty quick. I would mind Jerry Sloan because he's no nonsense and wouldn't deal with Rondo's attitude. Sloan would also be able to help us land either Big Al or Millsap. If not Sloan then McMillan.

Hopefully they figure out quick before all the good coaches are gone.

Is McMillan a good one? or just a average one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Why did neither happen? I'll tell you wahy because Doc plays guys until the wheels fall off. This is why we've had so many injuries over the last 4-5 years. Injuries happen but Doc has never created good depth since we've won the title.

KG played less minutes / game than Duncan this year and didn't play many minutes the years before either!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

That's not practical. If Doc doesn't want to come back if Pierce and KG are not with the team, let Doc leave!

[/QUOTE]

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

If Doc wants to go, I'd put George Karl at the top of the list of replacements.

He's never been afraid to play young players, he has a track record of playing/developing both young guys and European players, his teams play tough D while still managing to play a run and gun style offense.

George Karl would be the perfect guy to replace Doc Rivers.....he's also available

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

George Karl is as over-rated as Rondo and washed out.  PASS!  We don't want mediocre retreads.  Get someone who can teach and manage younger players...if only Jackson from the Warriors were available. He is a good coach. I bet Steve Nash would make a good coach too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE  Bingo..!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

R9R, please explain why guys leave the C's and get more minutes on other teams? Everyone knows Doc has a script of minutes. PP will still get the majority of the minutes and we won't sign a rugged PF to play next to KG. Green should've BEEN starting over PP. Ainge should've signed Kenyon Martin to go with KG.

You have to really be kidding, right?    Sully, Rondo, Green, Wilcox, Delonte West, Bradley's shoulder, Barbosa (who didn't play enough!!) .....and all these young guys got injured because Doc played them until the wheels fell off?   So which is it - he doesn't play young guys or he plays them until they have heart problems, torn ACL's, and shoulder separations?  

I have to ask because Garnett played less minutes (which many people complain he's paid too much for the minutes while you complain he plays too many minutes) and he wasn't injured at the end of the season.  He plays old, but not injured.  Pierce says he wasn't injured, either.  He certainly played old.   

Your post makes no sense, my friend.   Blame Doc for some things.  Blame Ainge for not getting a big man.  But, you can't say Doc played players too many minutes.....especially when we JUST squeezed into the playoffs with 3 major injuries while trying to preserve KG's minutes. 

What would you have done....played KG less than the 29 minutes a game he played so that we could lose?   You'd take your top +/- guy off the court even more?   Wow - glad you're not our coach.