Ainge doesn't think there will be anything done before deadline...believe him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ainge doesn't think there will be anything done before deadline...believe him?

Can't see him coming out and saying this as a ruse. I think he is going to stand pat with this team...win or lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Ainge doesn't think there will be anything done before deadline...believe him?

Poker face Ainge

I think he's waiting to see how the team plays vs Denver and LA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: Ainge doesn't think there will be anything done before deadline...believe him?

Put it this way Ainge isnt going to come out and say yes we desperately want to trade KG and Pierce. No, he doesnt want to come off as desperate because then teams would just low ball him, and he would never get the offer he would be looking for. Let the Clippers know that hey we dont need your trade so that hopefully they up the bid a little bit. Theres still 2 days left before the deadline, its all a game between the GM's at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Think of it this way, a lot of names that have surfaced with Talent are all going to be free agents this summer. So why lose an asset, a pick or a disgrace one of our Vets for a player that may leave us - and alternatively - may be available to us this summer anyway?

i.e.

Howard, Smith, Reddick, Millsap, Jefferson, Jennings ...

The only real option was to "blow it up" by sending our Vets out for young, SIGNED, talent. But common the only real possibility was DeAndre Jordan & Bledsoe. Jordan is currently overpaid, 4 yr contract, and is a 4th quarter liability. Bledsoe hasn't yet been tested, and really wouldn't get to be a top-5 PG for at least 3 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In my heart, I think DA is trying to move lesser pieces to take on a player that could put the Celtics over the top this year.  I am not sure there is a player out there to be had via trade that makes the C's legit contenders, at least not for what the DA has to use as trade chips.  Just my opinion. 

I don't doubt there is a bit of poker face happening, but I think DA will need to be overwhelmed at this point to move PP and then KG. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Think of it this way, a lot of names that have surfaced with Talent are all going to be free agents this summer. So why lose an asset, a pick or a disgrace one of our Vets for a player that may leave us - and alternatively - may be available to us this summer anyway?

i.e.

The only real option was to "blow it up" by sending our Vets out for young, SIGNED, talent. But common the only real possibility was DeAndre Jordan & Bledsoe. Jordan is currently overpaid, 4 yr contract, and is a 4th quarter liability. Bledsoe hasn't yet been tested, and really wouldn't get to be a top-5 PG for at least 3 years.

what if KG retires this summer and PP only plays one more year. what trade chips do we have? trading young talent for young talent? as much as i love them both, they're expendable because they can infuse the team with more youth and talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In my heart, I think DA is trying to move lesser pieces to take on a player that could put the Celtics over the top this year.  I am not sure there is a player out there to be had via trade that makes the C's legit contenders, at least not for what the DA has to use as trade chips.  Just my opinion. 

I don't doubt there is a bit of poker face happening, but I think DA will need to be overwhelmed at this point to move PP and then KG. 

he's going to set this team back years with this mentality.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

do we believe ainge?

the fact, he gave us a roster year after year - trade after trade which are foreign to us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It is easy to say the Celtics should not have held on to Birds and the other greats in that era.  In fact, he has never been in this situation before ever as a GM where he has to unload and start over.  And when the team is still potentially ECF reachable but still a very long shot at NBA final.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

do we believe ainge?

the fact, he gave us a roster year after year - trade after trade which are foreign to us.

keeping the C's in the playoffs and ECF year after year. Quite an accomplishment if you ask me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

well, read the question---do we believe him? i say no 'cause all his move from the past are stealth technology

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

If this teams stays with the same roster then this team will more than likely go nowhere...if Ainge believes otherwise then he is not thinking straight.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Making a trade would be stupid.

We don't have anything worth trading.

We have Pierce and Garnett.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I know Ainge will defintiely say that he wasn't 'overwhemled' by anything but to me the possible KG deal seems too good to be true and thus very overwhelming.

Kevin McHale isn't walking through a GM a door and sitting behind a desk anytime soon, so I don't know what kind of deal would overwhelm Danny. Just sounds like an excuse to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Who called the Perkins trade??? The hold up was that Ange wanted the bearded one, but settled for Green...I don't remember anybody predicting that one....Everyone kept saying that nobody would want Perk...and then...boom!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

i.e.

+10

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

If this teams stays with the same roster then this team will more than likely go nowhere...if Ainge believes otherwise then he is not thinking straight.

Want to bet?

I would bet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I believe that Ainge is telling the truth for the following reasons:

Ainge WOULD PULL THE TRIGGER on the proposed Bledsoe and Jordan trade (the two areas we need the most - a good young PG and a good young C  - but Garnett refuses to be traded.

Ainge is not getting what he wants for Pierce and Pierce still has value as one of the few offensive go-to players on the team.

L.A. is not even considering trading Howard for Rondo and nobody else is willing to take a chance with an injured player.  

Finally, trading detritus (the rest of the team) will only return detritus, so whats the point.

So unless Garnett changes his mind which would allow us to also trade Rondo next year for an all star caliber PF to go with Bledsoe, Bradley/Lee, Green/Pierce, Sully/? and Jordan...I expect an early exit from the playoffs this year, and do not look forward to a messy next year since Pierce and Garnett will have lost their value and we're stuck with Rondo...  2015, here we come, maybe.

No moves by Thursday is the worst possible scenario in my book.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I Think He Hold His Cards Until Summer. We've got an opportunity with this team. PP and KG are proven, but man Green, Lee, Bradley, and Bass and showing something special 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I believe that Ainge is telling the truth for the following reasons:

Ainge WOULD PULL THE TRIGGER on the proposed Bledsoe and Jordan trade (the two areas we need the most - a good young PG and a good young C  - but Garnett refuses to be traded.

Ainge is not getting what he wants for Pierce and Pierce still has value as one of the few offensive go-to players on the team.

L.A. is not even considering trading Howard for Rondo and nobody else is willing to take a chance with an injured player.  

Finally, trading detritus (the rest of the team) will only return detritus, so whats the point.

So unless Garnett changes his mind which would allow us to also trade Rondo next year for an all star caliber PF to go with Bledsoe, Bradley/Lee, Green/Pierce, Sully/? and Jordan...I expect an early exit from the playoffs this year, and do not look forward to a messy next year since Pierce and Garnett will have lost their value and we're stuck with Rondo...  2015, here we come, maybe.

No moves by Thursday is the worst possible scenario in my book.

I hope you're ready to make that thread about how wrong you were in predicting Rondo would be traded.

You will recall that my prediction was made before Rondo was injured... so now he is virtually untradeable until he proves that he can come back from the injury.

However, I am still keeping my fingers crossed that somebody is desparate enough to take a gamble on our little petulent one.