Ainge has alot of work to do in LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge has alot of work to do in LA

Think about the dilemma and work Ainge has to do over the break.

He's got to convince someone to take JON off the C's hands. He probably already has Sheed on standby but needs to move JON to create the roster spot. This way he doesn't have to do anything with Erden. Teams will want Erden before JON.

He's got to find a backup SF, not just any SF but one that has some size, play some defense and can provide some scoring...not an easy task. He has a good idea about Quis and my guess is he's not counting on him the remainder of the season.

He's got two hurt guys that he needs to move (JON & Quis) and another guy that is in a slump (Nate) as the only possible moving pieces.

Good luck Ainge!! Remember there is ALWAYS a $ucker out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA

In Response to Ainge has alot of work to do in LA:
    [QUOTE]Think about the dilemma and work Ainge has to do over the break. He's got to convince someone to take JON off the C's hands. He probably already has Sheed on standby but needs to move JON to create the roster spot. This way he doesn't have to do anything with Erden. Teams will want Erden before JON. He's got to find a backup SF, not just any SF but one that has some size, play some defense and can provide some scoring...not an easy task. He has a good idea about Quis and my guess is he's not counting on him the remainder of the season. He's got two hurt guys that he needs to move (JON & Quis) and another guy that is in a slump (Nate) as the only possible moving pieces. Good luck Ainge!! Remember there is ALWAYS a $ucker out there.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I am sure Ainge doesn't worry about trades near as much as you do.  I am also sure that DA's job requires a lot of work all during the year, not just because we have a few injuries.  Do you really think people are going to take our injured layers off our hands and give us back a player that is productive?  .  This fantasy GM stuff is overworking you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics don't have anything to offer except draft picks. If the Celtics were to do a trade to get a quality player I think the they would have to take a bad contract in return. Something Ainge and the Celtics don't want to do.

For example, the ideal backup SF for the Celtics would be Shane Battier. The problem is even if Battier is available the Rockets would have to take JO in return just so the salaries would match. No way the Rockets are going to do that.

If the Celtics were to make a trade that would have a significant impact on the team it would have to be a trade for Rip Hamilton. JO, Nate, Bradley, and Harangody for Rip Hamilton. The Pistons will do that trade because they would save a lot of money if they do that trade. However, I don't know if the Celtics would want Rip's contract, 12.5m per year until 2013. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The 3 stooges Bias-OneonOne-P34(fierce)
    Mr. know it all!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You're crazy! LOL! He thinks about issues, trades, moves, etc WAY MORE than I think about them. Someone will take a player if we eat part of the salary. There are many ways to get deals done.

This isn't about me wanting trades. This is a serious need on this team. Don't get fooled into thinking we can play another 28 games and playoffs with what we saw yesterday!

Everytime we win a game some go back to the thought of "why make a move".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey, anything is possible.....for example....you guys think the Gasol steal was incredible?? ....try this one on for size:

in 1987 the Lakers were looking for an advantage if they met the Celtics in the playoffs again.....the Celtics were the better team on paper and the defending champs....meanwhile, San Antonio was tanking in an effort to win the David Robinson sweepstakes....they were already 18-31....after numerous calls from Jerry West they agreed to trade.....wait for it.....former NBA #1 overall pick and still an all star calibre player, Mychal Thompson!!!!!!

in return they received.....here it comes....brace yourselves...

Frank Brikowski
    Peter Gudmundsson
    a 1st round pick at the end of the draft
    and cash

Are you freaking kidding me....? I remember it well...Thompson was a former teammate of Kevin McHale in college and knew all of his moves....the Celtics came into the Finals a battered and broken down team....Thompson played great defense and helped LA win the championship....

that was the groundwork for the Gasol deal 20 years later.....

Let's hope Danny can find something that remotely brings us that type of asset!
    ....anything is possible if you try hard enough right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You idiots still want to hold on to the fact that moves don't need to be made just because we won yesterday!! FOOLS!!

I know what we have to offer and it's not much. Ainge isn't working from a position of strength. I'd give up 2 picks for a decent player.

P34, Rip's contract is out of our ballpark. We would have to give up an active player in our rotation for him. The only way it happens is if Rip is bought out by the Pistons and decides to sign with the C's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA:
    [QUOTE]You idiots still want to hold on to the fact that moves don't need to be made just because we won yesterday!! FOOLS!! I know what we have to offer and it's not much. Ainge isn't working from a position of strength. I'd give up 2 picks for a decent player. P34, Rip's contract is out of our ballpark. We would have to give up an active player in our rotation for him. The only way it happens is if Rip is bought out by the Pistons and decides to sign with the C's.

The trade works, Nate, JO, Harangody, and Bradley for Rip Hamilton. I checked it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Duke4, I remember that trade well. Thompson hurt the C's big time in that series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA : The trade works, Nate, JO, Harangody, and Bradley for Rip Hamilton. I checked it out.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Ok but wouldn't getting Posey for JON & Nate much easier?? Rip's scoring off the bench would be nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA : The trade works, Nate, JO, Harangody, and Bradley for Rip Hamilton. I checked it out.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I doubt this trade works because Detroit currently has 15 roster players.  They would then have 18 and would have to waive 3 players.  That's alot of players to trade for and then waive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA : Ok but wouldn't getting Posey for JON & Nate much easier?? Rip's scoring off the bench would be nice.

Posey is not the same player we're used to seeing when he was with the Celtics in 2008. From what I saw on a number of times on NBA TV this season, the James Posey of the Pacers is basically just a 3-point shooter. His defense is not the same as it used to be. No way Posey will be able to defend guys like Lebron, Wade, and Kobe at this stage of his career. He even lost his spot in the rotation when Frank Vogel took over as coach. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

IMO, Carmelo has the entire league on hold.  No one wants to make a move until they see what the Nuggets will do.  I wish Denver would just come out and say what I predicted they would say all along - that they are NOT trading him.  DEN has all the leverage here.  With the uncertainty of the new CBA, Melo will not leave 20 mill on the table.  I think he re-ups with Denver after all.

Speaking of the new CBA - once the Anthony issue is resolved, Daryl Morey has said he will be active, and Joe Dumars will probably conduct a fire sale.  Our old friend Mr. Bird's contract is up at the end of the year.  Portland and Phoenix are usually active as well.  Then, of course, there is the disaster train in Cleveland.

My point is - I don't think a  lot of teams want to be saddled with contracts for players they don't really want.  Danny is waiting for some buyouts, to get a player on the cheap for the rest of the year.  He will trade if he has to, but I don't think he WANTS to.  I need to look up (or someone can tell me), if they declare a medical on Daniels, and he is out the rest of the year, can they fill that roster spot with anyone?  That would be the way to go.  He won't take any bad contracts, and no one wants Jermaine.

Here's hoping either Rip, Battier or Posey (in that order) get bought out and want to come to Boston!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]You idiots still want to hold on to the fact that moves don't need to be made just because we won yesterday!! FOOLS!! I know what we have to offer and it's not much. Ainge isn't working from a position of strength. I'd give up 2 picks for a decent player. P34, Rip's contract is out of our ballpark. We would have to give up an active player in our rotation for him. The only way it happens is if Rip is bought out by the Pistons and decides to sign with the C's.

You and Che resorting to name calling?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA : I doubt this trade works because Detroit currently has 15 roster players.  They would then have 18 and would have to waive 3 players.  That's alot of players to trade for and then waive.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Pistons will just do 1 trade next week. 

The Pistons are on the verge of being sold. So expect a plethora of moves by the Pistons next week.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Gores had reached a tentative deal to buy the Pistons that valued the deal at $420 million. The deal would include the team, the Palace of Auburn Hills and DTE Energy Music Theater.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, Carmelo has the entire league on hold.  No one wants to make a move until they see what the Nuggets will do.  I wish Denver would just come out and say what I predicted they would say all along - that they are NOT trading him.  DEN has all the leverage here.  With the uncertainty of the new CBA, Melo will not leave 20 mill on the table.  I think he re-ups with Denver after all. Speaking of the new CBA - once the Anthony issue is resolved, Daryl Morey has said he will be active, and Joe Dumars will probably conduct a fire sale.  Our old friend Mr. Bird's contract is up at the end of the year.  Portland and Phoenix are usually active as well.  Then, of course, there is the disaster train in Cleveland. My point is - I don't think a  lot of teams want to be saddled with contracts for players they don't really want.  Danny is waiting for some buyouts, to get a player on the cheap for the rest of the year.  He will trade if he has to, but I don't think he WANTS to.  I need to look up (or someone can tell me), if they declare a medical on Daniels, and he is out the rest of the year, can they fill that roster spot with anyone?  That would be the way to go.  He won't take any bad contracts, and no one wants Jermaine. Here's hoping either Rip, Battier or Posey (in that order) get bought out and want to come to Boston!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The Celtics will not win the bidding war in buyouts. If Rip gets bought out the Mavs will offer the same money and the starting SG spot to Rip. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i have to agree with those who think that posey is not the same player he was in 2008.  i have watched him twice in the last few weeks and he appears to be unable to be that lock down defender he used to be. 

hamilton is a nice thought, but probably too many things would have to happen for him to land in boston for just the rest of the year.  no way the celtics want his salary through 2013 as he will be a role player/reserve in boston as long as pierce and allen are under contract.

i can still see a trade being made to shore up the small forward position even if daniels can come back later in the season.  getting west back will solidify the point and shooting guard, but will really not do anything at small forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The C's can no longer take a "wait and see" approach with JON and Quis. They just can't!

It would be ashame not to get anything done waiting on them and then find out it's the same ole, same ole and have to enter the playoffs as the 2nd or 3rd seed and hoping none of your top 7 guys collapses from playing a ton of minutes.

I think that scenario is enough to take a hit to the lux tax, forfeit picks or trade multiple players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I love how Posey keeps popping up. He's trash now and waaay over paid. Rip is way overpaid. Try to get something feasable like a Josh Childress or Pietrus or players from a team like Cleveland like Moon or something since they are going nowere.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Childress??  He has one of the worst contracts in the league - 5 years, and he doesn't even play.  Pietrus would be fine, but they just traded for him.......I have wanted and will continue to want Battier!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA : Houston the team and the fans love him. He's not getting traded. And Childress makes a couple mil more than Nate which would obviously have to be in the deal. They have no trade assets. I think they are going to target the Cavs who have no intention of keeping players on that team. Moon or Parker. They are not going to land an impact player. Hopefully someone that can give you 10 minutes.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Well, they wanted Moon last year, so I guess he would be okay.  No Childress, though.  And I still think they will wait for a buyout.  The sell to Moon or Parker would be - worst to first!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would prefer Parker over Moon. Moon hasn't impressed me one bit. He's lighter than Quis. Parker has some size to him and can hit the 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The C's can no longer take a "wait and see" approach with JON and Quis. They just can't! It would be ashame not to get anything done waiting on them and then find out it's the same ole, same ole and have to enter the playoffs as the 2nd or 3rd seed and hoping none of your top 7 guys collapses from playing a ton of minutes. I think that scenario is enough to take a hit to the lux tax, forfeit picks or trade multiple players.

Playing GM with someone elses money?  Call Wic and tell him you think he should take that hit.  Tell him also that he "can take that approach with Jon and Quis".  He would probably ask you who wants those two guys. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You have a better idea or do you just like to sit on the sidelines and be a critic?

You want to win #18 or cry about why we didn't do this or that in June??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge has alot of work to do in LA : Childress??  He has one of the worst contracts in the league - 5 years, and he doesn't even play.  Pietrus would be fine, but they just traded for him.......I have wanted and will continue to want Battier!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I'm leaning toward Battier and Posey in that order, and I've got reservations about Posey due to his getting so many DNP's these days.  What's the reason.  Fallen into disfavor with the coach or old broken shell of his former self?
    So I agree with you Hedley, as far as making Battier the SF DA targets.
    That makes the question, "What does Houston need/want?"
    What are their deficiencies/needs for this year/needs for next year?
    Do we have any answers to that question sitting unused on our bench?
    Does cash and/or picks make it more palatable to Houston's GM Daryl Morey?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It would be extremely tough trying to get Battier.

Posey is getting DNPs for the same reason why Rip is getting DNPs in Detroit...no one knows. I know neither teams are winning.