Ainge hints Rondo is out until December

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Ainge hints Rondo is out until December

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Today, finally from the horse's mouth we are told what it seems like the entire Celtic organization knew since the beginning of summer, that Rondo will be out until December.

Its been mentioned before that our season is loaded with games in November and that by December 1 we will be through 1/4 of all regular season games. Lets assume Rondo isn't back until Jan 02 game against the bulls ... thats 32/82 games. 

It was also released today that Stevens regards Avery as having the requisit skills to man the point. If this is the case, I bet you the starting lineup is Avery, Lee, Green, Bass, Humphries. Off the bench would be likely Pressey, Brooks, Wallace, Olynyk, Sullinger with Faverani and Crawford getting like 10mpg each.

Out of the 32 games, I think about half  11 are winable (against teams like Orlando, Milwakee, Utah, Charlotte, Toronto, Atlanta). Lets say we win 70% of the winnable games, and like 15% of the "not winnable" or clearly underdog games... that would come out to 11 wins.

Using my clearly flawless logic, thats my guess: 11/32 before Rondo comes back. Once Rondo returns, I stand by my past statements that he can almost make us a .500 team. Lets call that 22 more wins. Lets figure also that there is at least one additional unforeseen injury that cost us 4 wins.

This places us at 29 wins. Probably low enough to be the 7th worst record likely placing us in that 3-9 range in the draft. 

HUH? Don't forget that he is good for an 0-8 streatch somewhere along the way. He did that with a couple of HOFers on the team at the time. As a matter of fact, Rondo's gonna be on an 8-game losing streak when he returns! DAMN are you dillusional......kid.

He was also good at leading us to the easter conference finals the year before. :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

LOL.  We have known for a while that you want Rondo gone no matter what.  Mercurial, yes, but you forgot to characterize brilliant as well.

[/QUOTE]Rondo brilliant?????

Really? 

Indeed I did forget to mention.

Unless he discovered a cure for cancer or maybe was a lead researcher confirming the existence of the long sought God particle in quantum physics.... I'm not sure that "brilliant" and "Rondo" should ever be used in the same sentence. 

But then again, I'm not as easily blinded by the light as you are.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

LOL.  We have known for a while that you want Rondo gone no matter what.  Mercurial, yes, but you forgot to characterize brilliant as well.

Rondo brilliant?????

Really? 

Indeed I did forget to mention.

Unless he discovered a cure for cancer or maybe was a lead researcher confirming the existence of the long sought God particle in quantum physics.... I'm not sure that "brilliant" and "Rondo" should ever be used in the same sentence. 

But then again, I'm not as easily blinded by the light as you are.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Come on Pud, you're setting the bar too high. There's plenty of brilliant people out there who have yet to discover a cure for cancer or find the God particle.

Although I am also waiting for some real evidence of his alleged acumen besides some urban legend heresay. Sometimes quietude is given too much credit...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Believe it or not but the C's would be better off as a team to just cut Rondo off the roster.

However, trading him would bring us something in return. Brandon Knight was the best we were offered before Rondo tore his ligament,,, wonder what we get offered next.... Luke Walton?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Come on Pud, you're setting the bar too high. There's plenty of brilliant people out there who have yet to discover a cure for cancer or find the God particle.

Although I am also waiting for some real evidence of his alleged acumen besides some urban legend heresay. Sometimes quietude is given too much credit...

I am setting the bar brilliantly high.... but not impossibly high. 

Should R9R be considered brilliant when he does such stupid things on a very regular basis?

Now how smart is this?

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo out, that takes the excitement away for this year.  Rondo needed to show that he is the players many say he is.  Now, we can watch experiment after experiment, plalyers will be playing to display their skills and team ball may be out the window.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Rondo out, that takes the excitement away for this year.  Rondo needed to show that he is the players many say he is.  Now, we can watch experiment after experiment, plalyers will be playing to display their skills and team ball may be out the window.  

A riddle: What in the world does Rondo know about team ball?

Answer: The same thing that  romney knows about winning!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Today, finally from the horse's mouth we are told what it seems like the entire Celtic organization knew since the beginning of summer, that Rondo will be out until December.

Its been mentioned before that our season is loaded with games in November and that by December 1 we will be through 1/4 of all regular season games. Lets assume Rondo isn't back until Jan 02 game against the bulls ... thats 32/82 games. 

It was also released today that Stevens regards Avery as having the requisit skills to man the point. If this is the case, I bet you the starting lineup is Avery, Lee, Green, Bass, Humphries. Off the bench would be likely Pressey, Brooks, Wallace, Olynyk, Sullinger with Faverani and Crawford getting like 10mpg each.

Out of the 32 games, I think about half  11 are winable (against teams like Orlando, Milwakee, Utah, Charlotte, Toronto, Atlanta). Lets say we win 70% of the winnable games, and like 15% of the "not winnable" or clearly underdog games... that would come out to 11 wins.

Using my clearly flawless logic, thats my guess: 11/32 before Rondo comes back. Once Rondo returns, I stand by my past statements that he can almost make us a .500 team. Lets call that 22 more wins. Lets figure also that there is at least one additional unforeseen injury that cost us 4 wins.

This places us at 29 wins. Probably low enough to be the 7th worst record likely placing us in that 3-9 range in the draft. 

HUH? Don't forget that he is good for an 0-8 streatch somewhere along the way. He did that with a couple of HOFers on the team at the time. As a matter of fact, Rondo's gonna be on an 8-game losing streak when he returns! DAMN are you dillusional......kid.

He was also good at leading us to the easter conference finals the year before. :) 

Yeah, the "year before" being the same year he had 3-HOFers on his team, Doc the baby sitter, before he lost his mind and started putting his hands on officials, before he was asked to be a leader, and BEFORE HE TORE HIS ACL. Rondo is recovering from a major injury, all of his support system gone, and is 0-8 when he comes back to a team with mostly new guys and a brand new coach. UGLY PICTURE! Of course I don't expect you to see what's coming in the future if all you have to live on is what Rondo did YEARS ago. Think about that........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. I love the burn, but you're completely wrong about Rondo. Rondo has been playing "team ball" for the entirety of his career. His teammates love him and respect his skills. His greatest strenth is assisting other players and making them better. I simply don't understand your irrational negative opinions of Rondo...

Neither you or "Romneywins" or the Rallytrollgang are living in reality. SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You know...

The BEST validation will come in three years when

a) Ray can compare Rondo's faciliation to Lebron 

[I expect comparisions in court vision and game plan execution, but I think Ray will deem LBJ a better teammate, shooter, player, which is fair]

b) Kevin & Ray can compare Rondo's faciliation to Deron Williams

[I believe both Kevin & Paul will rank Rondo higher than Deron in terms of pure PG skills. Undoubtedly they will praise Deron on his ability to post up and stretch the floor offensively. I am curious to see who they rank as an overall better player]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pud

Hahaha. I love the burn, but you're completely wrong about Rondo. Rondo has been playing "team ball" for the entirety of his career. His teammates love him and respect his skills. His greatest strenth is assisting other players and making them better. I simply don't understand your irrational negative opinions of Rondo...

Neither you or "Romneywins" or the Rallytrollgang are living in reality. SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!

Oh how the ignorant will rationalize. Ultimately, little fella, a player's performance is measured by his TEAM's successes. Individual statistics are for PLAYER LOVIN' GROUPIES and SNEAKER COMMERCIAL HUNGRY INDIVIDUALS. Learn the game and you will understand what made the Boston Celtics THE BOSTON CELTICS. The greatest leaders in this league RESPECT all facets of the game, including autority (Coaches, OFFICIALS, etc.) That is why our true Celtics legends are ALL TIME NBA LEGENDS. That is a status that your dream "boi", Rajon, will never, ever see. When you grow up, you will understand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pud

Oh how the ignorant will rationalize. Ultimately, little fella, a player's performance is measured by his TEAM's successes. Individual statistics are for PLAYER LOVIN' GROUPIES and SNEAKER COMMERCIAL HUNGRY INDIVIDUALS. Learn the game and you will understand what made the Boston Celtics THE BOSTON CELTICS. The greatest leaders in this league RESPECT all facets of the game, including autority (Coaches, OFFICIALS, etc.) That is why our true Celtics legends are ALL TIME NBA LEGENDS. That is a status that your dream "boi", Rajon, will never, ever see. When you grow up, you will understand.

Oh how the ignorant will rationalize indeed. So a teams's success is the measure of a player? So Garnett is a terrible power forward for those years the timberwolves spent in the Lotterey? 

Paul Pierce is a horrible player for all those years the Celtics were mediocre beofre joining forces with the mediocre kevin Garnett? 

Basketball is a team game.  little fella. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Should R9R be considered brilliant when he does such stupid things on a very regular basis?

Now how smart is this?

Pud

No But calling out the other teams play as they run it is smart.

"Rondo is the smartest player I've ever coached" Doc Rivers. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

DA will trade Rondo to any team who gives him a face-saving return on his investment.

DA won't care in the least whether it is a team needing immediate help or a team w/o pressure to win this year.

As long as the destination team gives something of value in return, what happens next if/when Rondo reports/passes medical evaluation is someone else's problem.

Pud

Danny Ainge has said he would not trade Rondo.  So sorry. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Now how smart is this?

Pud

It should just end there. Doc is widely regarded as one of the top two NBA coaches. Doc had coached Rondo for his entire career. If Doc says the Rondo is THE smartest player he's coached ... the debate is over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud

Oh how the ignorant will rationalize indeed. So a teams's success is the measure of a player? So Garnett is a terrible power forward for those years the timberwolves spent in the Lotterey? 

Paul Pierce is a horrible player for all those years the Celtics were mediocre beofre joining forces with the mediocre kevin Garnett? 

DAMN! You were right! YES PP was a volatile, struggling player searching for his NBA identity until KG showed up. He was a marginal allstar because he was the best player on a very poor BOSTON CELTIC team. Big deal! On top of that, they had to select him. Any allstar game without a Celtic would lose the Celtic market interest. Though PP was a good player, he too had maturity issues and went HOOD on occasion. He aint Larry, OK.  He wasnt "great" til KG showed up STUPID, just like you said yourself. Yeah, DA said he wouldnt trade RR..... You are a damned genious, obviously!  Go ahead now tell me "OJ DIDNT DO IT!" too.  I see who Im dealing with in you. Dont bother even trying. Einstein!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

It should just end there. Doc is widely regarded as one of the top two NBA coaches. Doc had coached Rondo for his entire career. If Doc says the Rondo is THE smartest player he's coached ... the debate is over.

Doc liked to flatter players  a lot.

Particularly Rondo whose confidence needed a lot of boosting.

And they loved him for all the flattery/happy talk/ego boosting/azz-kissing.

Part of being a player's coach.

Doc's also said at some point that Rondo was the most dedicated, hardest working, strongest, toughest, most fearless, uber-talented, most improved, most valuable, most unselfish, most capable, most self-confident, fiercest, most passionate, highest motor..... its all motivational azz-kissing.

So what?

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Now how smart is this?

Pud

Yeah, it neve really was a debate.all but a few insane people would agree Rondo has a very high Basketball IQ. 

Whether one likes Rondo is a different debate. Whether one thinks he is good enough to lead a team to title ever is certainly another debate, but those pretending he is some kind of idiotic scrub, are not the most credibile of folk. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud

DAMN! You were right! YES PP was a volatile, struggling player searching for his NBA identity until KG showed up. He was a marginal allstar because he was the best player on a very poor BOSTON CELTIC team. Big deal! On top of that, they had to select him. Any allstar game without a Celtic would lose the Celtic market interest. Though PP was a good player, he too had maturity issues and went HOOD on occasion. He aint Larry, OK.  He wasnt "great" til KG showed up STUPID, just like you said yourself. Yeah, DA said he wouldnt trade RR..... You are a damned genious, obviously!  Go ahead now tell me "OJ DIDNT DO IT!" too.  I see who Im dealing with in you. Dont bother even trying. Einstein!

uhm you spell don't spell genius, "Genious." One should really avoid that mistake when one is trying to argue your opposition is  less than. Spelling mistakes happen though, so we can move past that.  

However, the rest of your post seems a bit incoherent. I think you should take a few deep breaths and rewrite it. For the sake of clarity.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Doc liked to flatter players  a lot.

Particularly Rondo whose confidence needed a lot of boosting.

And they loved him for all the flattery/happy talk/ego boosting/azz-kissing.

Part of being a player's coach.

Doc's also said at some point that Rondo was the most dedicated, hardest working, strongest, toughest, most fearless, uber-talented, most improved, most valuable, most unselfish, most capable, most self-confident, fiercest, most passionate, highest motor..... its all motivational azz-kissing.

So what?

Pud

I guess he lied when he said KG was the best player to coach. That Paul was a great scorer, that Ray was a great shooter, that Avery Bradley was a great on ball defender?

Look, he didn't say Rondo was a great shooter, He didn't say Avery Bradley will be a great point guard. he didn't say Ray Allen needs to dribble more.  He didn't say Big Baby could be a great 3 point shooter. 

Doc compliments people on what they are good at. Does he use hyperbole on occasion? Sure, but his comments reflect reality. 

Rondo is a high IQ player. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yeah, it neve really was a debate.all but a few insane people would agree Rondo has a very high Basketball IQ. 

Whether one likes Rondo is a different debate. Whether one thinks he is good enough to lead a team to title ever is certainly another debate, but those pretending he is some kind of idiotic scrub, are not the most credibile of folk. 

Now there is a great example of clarity.  I am consistently amused at how many people can't separate their dislike for Rondo's personality from an assessment of his basketball skills in the past.  Rondo's basketball skills in the future are an unknown to me.  ACL reconstruction is a big beast to overcome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

uhm you spell don't spell genius, "Genious." One should really avoid that mistake when one is trying to argue your opposition is  less than. Spelling mistakes happen though, so we can move past that.  

However, the rest of your post seems a bit incoherent. I think you should take a few deep breaths and rewrite it. For the sake of clarity.  

Yo homey, this aint a damn spelling bee. Incoherent? Ha! You write as though you missed the last 16-months of Rajon Rondos life. Hows that for being Incoherent? You are in denial and the future is gonna smack you in your face with reality. Here it comes. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yo homey, this aint a damn spelling bee. Incoherent? Ha! You write as though you missed the last 16-months of Rajon Rondos life. Hows that for being Incoherent? You are in denial and the future is gonna smack you in your face with reality. Here it comes. 

I'm sorry for your pain. Genuinely sorry. I realize you have probably misspelled a lot of words in your life and it might be a sensitive subject. No worries. I don't judge. Spell Genius anyway you want. 

And don't worry if your posts make sense or not either. only a few foolish souls would bother reading what you write anyway

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I'm sorry for your pain. Genuinely sorry. I realize you have probably misspelled a lot of words in your life and it might be a sensitive subject. No worries. I don't judge. Spell Genius anyway you want. 

And don't worry if your posts make sense or not either. only a few foolish souls would bother reading what you write anyway

Thanks for ALWAYS reading and responding to what I write YOU FOOLISH SOUL. Too damned stupid to get out of your own way...........Are you a Rondo too?