Ainge knows FA don't come to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge knows FA don't come to Boston

I think Ainge knows it's going to be harder to draw FAs to Boston without Doc and KG. In addition Boston has not been a place like LA where FAs flock. So he knows if he has assets to trade and Rondo he can build off of that. Once they're in Boston then he can retain their Bird rights or make other trades.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Ainge knows FA don't come to Boston

I think that statement is kind of exagerated, since DAs been here and pulled off the KG& RA trade we haven't really had the cap to get players. Last year he almost pulled it off but the Pacers just had more $$ to offer West. Anyway if you can keep a team competetive and retain the guys you traded for and resign those guys. Why risk overpaying for a FA and deal with an agent driven bidding war? I can agree that Boston is not a sexy destination for FAs but at the end of the day FAs don't sign contracts for the sake of living in what ever city. It comes down to $$ and we just haven't had that capability yet. I will also admit that certain high profile FAs may want to play in bigger markets and get more endosements but that represents a small segment of FAs. You yourself have probably known people that were happy where they lived but moved to take a more lucrative opportunity, at the end of the day it comes down to the do re mi.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

You have a point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Danny will focus on draft and trades to get the next superstar to build around.  I think there will be a few lean years but eventually Danny will have a) cap space and b) some combination of vets with short contracts, young guys who have developed and spare draft picks that he will use as trade bait to get a more established player.  It'll be a waiting game around here for a while for sure.