Ainge No idea on Shaq's return.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Ainge No idea on Shaq's return.

I don’t have any idea,” Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said after watching the workout by O’Neal, who is attempting to recover from a sore right Achilles tendon. “It could be a week or two weeks.

“I watched him work out, and he’s starting to do things on the court. We’re just still not sure of when he’s going to come back.

http://celticshub.com/2011/03/31/ainge-i-dont-have-any-idea-when-shaq-will-return/#more-18742

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Ainge No idea on Shaq's return.

I'm going to put a timetable in my own mind. If Shaq is not back by April 8th I'm going to assume he has an achilles tear or something that will prevent him from being ready for the playoffs. Just my opinion, this is getting ridiculous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I thought the cortisone shot was a really bad sign when it happend. Cortisone can cause achilles tendons to rupture. So for an achillies injury that is usually a measure of last resort. When rest isn't working.

Also, if Shaq has achilles tendonosis which some doctors say, a cortisone shot doesn't help. Cortisone only helps for tendonitis.

If we get a resaonbly health JO, I think he can hold down the fort.  I think we are not going to see Shaq until the playoffs. The question is how much will he be able to give then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Shaq is Done for the year   .....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If they're going to use him based on the matchup. For instance I doubt he's needed vs NY if that's the 1st round opponent.

I heard he's lost weight so that's good. Is he practicing with the team? If so that's another good sign. If not then it's going to take time to get his wind up. A stationary bike isn't anything like playing in a game.

Hey what do I know I'm not a Dr....as a matter of fact what do the C's medical staff know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Shaq can play with tendonitis.  It will get more and more sore, but he can play.  It doesn't even hurt once he's warmed up (but it'll hurt like hades the next morning).

The problem with tendonistis is that it can only get better with rest. 

And a tear is not even close to being the same as tendonitis.  Tendonitis aches when cold but there's no range limitation.  With a tear, his range of motion is very limited.  He'd be fine until the extension hits the tear and then it's like being shot in the calf.

If he's working out, it's not a tear.  They just don't want to put more minutes on those old legs than the have to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Shaq has been out since 2008, Right?  What makes any of you think he will be back anytime soon. Like I already said, even if Shaq came back yesterday, he would not be in game shape until the 2014 season. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have been watching the Shaq closely since he was first out Feb. 3.  Clearly DA thought he would be back in a much shorter time frame. He was wrong and the trade that was made was let's face it a bad one considering what has happened with Shaq.

I think it is unlikely Shaq will be back in any real way that will help the Celtics.

This news confirms it.  If we get beat in the playoffs early DA will be answering for this like 2008 never happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

DA made a terrible misjudgement considering what has happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

People keep blaming DA for this trade. Here's what no one recognizes. This team would be worse on now IF he didn't do the trade.

Quis went down (no one expected that)
    No backup for PP would've meant from 2/24 until now PP would've been logging major minutes.
    West just returned
    Nate never found his stroke
    Wafer went down after Nate

It was looking ugly without a deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge No idea on Shaq's return.:
    [QUOTE]People keep blaming DA for this trade. Here's what no one recognizes. This team would be worse on now IF he didn't do the trade. Quis went down (no one expected that) No backup for PP would've meant from 2/24 until now PP would've been logging major minutes. West just returned Nate never found his stroke Wafer went down after Nate It was looking ugly without a deal.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Still looks ugly  could of pick up anyone to rest PP for 10 mins like shasa  perk would be playing  we be getting healthy for the playoffs only missing Shaq and maybe wafer.  instead we have this new offensive team that still can't score enough to win and has no chemistry when you sit the 1st unit.

we are to old to outscore teams  we were winning with D not O   are we gonna run with the Bulls ... I dont think so cause they play D... the D we palyed when Tibs was here