Ainge should hire Jerry Sloan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge should hire Jerry Sloan

I'm hoping Ainge is already talking to Sloan about taking over for Doc. Doc hasn't the extension so he's probably going on a hiatus. I'm not feeling Frank, he's not as good as Thibs. Our defense has taken a step back and Hill run the offense.

Sloan would fit the character of this team perfectly...gritty, gutsy and no-nonsense. They would all be trying for #19 or a first for Sloan. What better pro's to put him with than the Big 3 and the minute Rondo wants to start pouting he'll get dealt with by Sloan for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Re: Ainge should hire Jerry Sloan

You might be onto something. I was always impressed by how Utah NEVER stands around on offense. Guys are ALWAYS setting picks and cutting...the movement just never stops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Good one

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I have a feeling Sloan is going to the Lakers since Phil is retiring. Don't count out the Heat and the Knicks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sloan is not going to the Lakers. The guy is 68 years old.  He never won in Utah with a couple of great players.  He will never be the replacement for Doc.  You can be sure of that.  Why don't we hire Dean Smith with that thinking. 

He would have hell to pay with Rondo.  And the vets would just love afte Doc give me a break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

concord27,

Why wouldn't he go to the Lakers or Celtics. His age has all the more reason why he wants to go to a team built to win now so he can get a few rings and move on. He doesn't want to deal with these young ego's like he dealt with in Utah. He's better suited to coach a vet team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Jerry Sloan is a great coach but if he couldn't get along with Deron Williams (and managed to get himself forced out because of it), what makes you think he could get along with the even moodier Rondo?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Sloan is a great coach but he's no longer able to deal with the personalities of the current NBA players.  Williams wasn't his only failure at the Jazz.....he was frustrated by the entire team not listening to him.  At 68 years old, you don't always have the patience with the younger players.   From all that I read he's burned out.  On top of that, this is a very good hall of fame coach who never won a championship, however, and I don't consider him to be a great "put us over the top" coach if Doc leaves.

If I'm Ainge and Doc leaves, I'm going for an ex-Celtic or a proven coach who's younger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

When Doc leaves its over.

KG is going with him.

The Celtics become the the Nets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sorry guys, but I posted this yesterday, under Fire Doc!!

Re: Fire doc

posted at 4/3/2011 7:05 PM EDT

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3&plckUserId=9db3c87664865e2a06b777d116cf14b3">
    First: 1/16/2010
    Last: 4/4/2011
    This may be Doc's last year here.  Let's send him out a winner.

Jerry Sloan, anyone?  If nothing else, phil doesn't like him!  He gets props from me right there!

Therefore, I agree.....:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not a bad thought. I like Sloan with either team, actually. Think he'd be great with a team full of veterans, and both teams fit the bill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Our big 3 all will have another year to legit dream title. If Doc goes we'd need someone w/ experience and a lot of respect to come in. Not Frank and not McHale.

I wouldn't blame Doc for wanting to sit courtside at Cameron, watch his lotto pick son for 20-25 games, and still fit in 25-30 prime-time tv color gigs.

Sloan would have to have Rondo 100% dedicated to his offense and arrive in camp having worked on his jumper like a madman anyhow. Sloan can turn Rondo into a 17 point 14 assist wonder, sell him on putting up Stockton like #'s.. and even an aging KG, when combined with Baby and Green entering their primes and Kristic in it, would be more than capable of duplicating the firepower of AK47/Millsap/Boozer/Okur.

Right there those 5 guys = the 51-54 win teams Sloan had out West from 07-09. Then we'd also have Pierce and Ray. It would be a great team and situation for this franchise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sloan would be nuts to take this job.

In a year or two KG & Ray are probably gone, ifnot on a steep decline... Shaq & JON are done as well.

Whats left is not what Sloan wants to inherit.

IF he coaches again, hes more suited to a mature team close to winning a title.

I also dont hold not winning a title against Sloan. So much goes into winning a title and it all starts with having the right players... Its an organizational thing, not just the coach...

I know, Stockton & Malone.... they just met a better team.

Jordans teams couldnt get past the Cavs..then the Piston & Celtics... after those team declined, Jordan was able to dominate.. 

Just too many circumstances to say the coach didnt win a title, therefore he cant be a great coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sloan inherited a 26 year old Stockton his first year in Utah and the #'s he put up were eerily similar to what I'd want/expect from Rondo next year.

17.1 points, 13.6 assists 3.2 steals, 53% FG, 24% 3 point FG 38 mins in 82 games

Only differences would be Rondo would get more than 3 rebounds, and shoot less than 86% at the line.

Of course if Rondo could be 75% at thre line and 30% from 3 with all those other #'s... that'd be fantastic

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I just don't get what Sloan brings to the Celtics if here.  Tough guy, tough coach way too old for the job.  Let's win 18, Shaq is coming back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

all I know is that Doc id still a celtic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Satch Sanders for our next coach. He will be a GQ coach in bow ties and now a HOFer. lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Ainge should hire Jerry Sloan:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping Ainge is already talking to Sloan about taking over for Doc. Doc hasn't the extension so he's probably going on a hiatus. I'm not feeling Frank, he's not as good as Thibs. Our defense has taken a step back and Hill run the offense. Sloan would fit the character of this team perfectly...gritty, gutsy and no-nonsense. They would all be trying for #19 or a first for Sloan. What better pro's to put him with than the Big 3 and the minute Rondo wants to start pouting he'll get dealt with by Sloan for sure.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Yeah and If Sloan Isn't available Ainge should hire Lenny Wilkens or Doug Moe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

yep that personality will go over really welll in that ubuntu locker room. only consider it if we lose in the first round and doc walks. even then perhaps as the defensive replacement if frank walks! better going YOUNGER in this situation. he why not bring in don nelson the ex-celt! seriously, i would bring in kevin mchale if doc walks! he would be awesome in everyway!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge should hire Jerry Sloan:
    [QUOTE]When Doc leaves its over. KG is going with him. The Celtics become the the Nets.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Unless KG gets wooed out of retirement by Rondo and co. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Lets face it, why would any established coach take the job?

KG has said that he only stays in Boston if Doc is the coach. If Doc leaves, then the only people that would be interested, are desperate candidates, and assistant coaches that are willing to take a gamble.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Mike D'Antoni

If KG retires, Rondo, Jeff Green, and a team of gunners were meant to run D'Antoni's offense.  It's not like they're playing defense anyway.  Might as well just go with it.  Plus it'd be fun to watch Rondo threaten to get 20 assists on a night-to-night basis

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Kevin Garnett as Player/Coach. He'd need a couple of decent assistants, it's a left of field suggestion. But it could work.

In the very least it'd make for good theatre.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Ainge should be quiet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

As long as KG is making $20+M he's going to play for whomever the coach is. If he doesn't he can retire. Heck he played for sorry Flip Saunders and all those other bad coaches in Minn.

If there is a lockout then I expect KG may retire anyway.