Ainge tinkered too much

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge tinkered too much

I'm always in the corner of improving your team. I think Ainge may have tinkered with this team to the point that it's time to blow it up.

Just think back to this time last year. The C's had KG, BBD, Shaq, Perk, Krstic, Erden, JON as their bigs. Now we have KG and JON. LOL!

Ainge gambled on deals and lost. I liked the idea of some of these deals but when you combine it with Doc not playing any young guys and draft picks not working out, you have what you see on the court right now.

Blow it up and try to get Anthony Davis from the draft and Eric Gordon in FA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: Ainge tinkered too much

Completely agree!  I wish we had a Kupchak, but unfortunately we only have Ainge who may I add only has a job still because McHale gifted him KG 4 years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

DA had to scramble to find bodies after West backed out of coming here and Greens heart problem. It wasn't over tinkering

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think we missed the boat on Josh McRoberts.  I would much rather have him than Wilcox for the mini-MLE.  He is not a scorer, but neither is Wilcox.  Also think we missed the boat on Reggie Evans............is Leon Powe still out there?  We are too soft!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge tinkered too much:
    [QUOTE]I think we missed the boat on Josh McRoberts.  I would much rather have him than Wilcox for the mini-MLE.  He is not a scorer, but neither is Wilcox.  Also think we missed the boat on Reggie Evans............is Leon Powe still out there?  We are too soft!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Bro, are you kidding on McRoberts?  Your boy Fierce says McRoberts among others was a big bust for Lakers!  So who is right around here??  Enjoy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Ainge tinkered too much:
    [QUOTE]I'm always in the corner of improving your team. I think Ainge may have tinkered with this team to the point that it's time to blow it up. Just think back to this time last year. The C's had KG, BBD, Shaq, Perk, Krstic, Erden, JON as their bigs. Now we have KG and JON. LOL! Ainge gambled on deals and lost. I liked the idea of some of these deals but when you combine it with Doc not playing any young guys and draft picks not working out, you have what you see on the court right now. Blow it up and try to get Anthony Davis from the draft and Eric Gordon in FA.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the person who said that Danny had a plan in mind and that when DA had finished trading the Celts would again be in a position to challenge?

Nice u-turn bro!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I'm always in the corner of improving your team. I think Ainge may have tinkered with this team to the point that it's time to blow it up. Just think back to this time last year. The C's had KG, BBD, Shaq, Perk, Krstic, Erden, JON as their bigs. Now we have KG and JON. LOL! Ainge gambled on deals and lost. I liked the idea of some of these deals but when you combine it with Doc not playing any young guys and draft picks not working out, you have what you see on the court right now. Blow it up and try to get Anthony Davis from the draft and Eric Gordon in FA.

Let's go after Blatche!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the plan Danny and Doc must have had in mind is to let the big 3 die a slow dignified death and start new next year.  I had hoped we had another plan but this seems like it.  The Big three in Danny and Doc's mind have earned the right to play out this last year and by the looks of it, it won't be pretty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Agree, DA took a chance and it blew-up in his face. Basically he tried to fill a hole at the 3/4 and created even more holes and made the team older. On top of that he got away from using some of his more successful low draft picks to improve the team and basically just gave away Semih & Luke. 

Yet I still believe that DA & Doc did have plans to improve the team last offseason.
    -Get DH (market never matrialized)
    -Get CP3 (trade not accepted)
    -Rondo & Green for Westbrook & Perk (trade not accepted)
    -Get D. West (turned down)
    -Get R. Evans (turned down)

So since everything blew-up for the C's, then I think it's time to just blow-up the C's instead of treading water going into the playoffs because by then we'll probably be dealing with injuries again as well as poor play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

To be fair to Ainge, it may be that the tinkering didn't work out. You think this team might be a little better with David West and Jeff Green and Reggie Evans in the fold? 

This "blow the team up" kind of stuff cracks me up. What do you think Ainge is doing? He'll trade anyone for value. What he won't do is just get rid of peeps in fire sale fashion. 

I'm not a big Ainge guy but he's clearly looking to do exactly as you suggest, just not in a desperate manner.

p.s. you can clearly put Bass for Baby in the win column for Ainge. Your post implies otherwise but Bass is clearly a win. 

It really all comes down to Perk and messing that up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias - weren't you the leading proponent of a lot of trades and tinkering last year.  I seem to remember week after week your proposed trades (especially BBD) and now you say Danny tinkered too much.   Hmmmmm.

How is Doc not playing Bradley and Luke and Erden part of the problem (those were the young guys he had)?   Don't see giving Bradley, Luke, or Erden more minutes as any solution.  

I do agree with you that Danny tinkered too much.  I admire the fact that he was trying to make the team better and get flexibility for the future at the same time.  Good for him.   He also made a lot of good moves (Bass for Baby, drafting Moore - he finally made a good draft choice).   His timing sucked on some moves and that really hurt this team along with the bums he brought in at the all star break (Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy - all terrible choices).  

Good summary in your post of how we went from lots of bigs to just a few (but you have to add Steimsma to your current list).   I just wish he had made some of those changes at year end (or beginning of this year) rather than middle of last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge tinkered too much:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ainge tinkered too much : Bias - weren't you the leading proponent of a lot of trades and tinkering last year.  I seem to remember week after week your proposed trades (especially BBD) and now you say Danny tinkered too much.   Hmmmmm. How is Doc not playing Bradley and Luke and Erden part of the problem (those were the young guys he had)?   Don't see giving Bradley, Luke, or Erden more minutes as any solution.   I do agree with you that Danny tinkered too much.  I admire the fact that he was trying to make the team better and get flexibility for the future at the same time.  Good for him.   He also made a lot of good moves (Bass for Baby, drafting Moore - he finally made a good draft choice).   His timing sucked on some moves and that really hurt this team along with the bums he brought in at the all star break (Sasha, Arroyo, Murphy - all terrible choices).   Good summary in your post of how we went from lots of bigs to just a few (but you have to add Steimsma to your current list).   I just wish he had made some of those changes at year end (or beginning of this year) rather than middle of last year.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, BBD for Bass was a win and both Pietrus & Stiemsma coming in at the last minute for no money definitely bailed DA out but unfortunately we're still a 4-8 team right now.