All I Want 4 X-Mas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

All I Want 4 X-Mas

Is a healthy green machine come April 2011. 

So impressed with the squad so far. Theyve shown serious mettle over the past month, winning in a variety of ways as championship teams do.  They've sizzled on offense in a few games, clamped down on D in others, and on nights when neither end is particularly spectacular they simply do whats necessary to get a win.  Lots of clutch shooting from the usual suspects (Big 3) and pretty darn good bench support despite our depleted reserves (BBD looked great in the 4th quarter against the Pacers and Daniels had some key plays last night against the sixers). And finally, its painfully obvious what a healthy KG means to this team. 

All things tolled, with the roster intact in April the celtics take it all.

Go green.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: All I Want 4 X-Mas

All I want for Christmas is green and jobs for those who are unemployed for so many months, I feel the pain of those people living in the cold, no shelter & no hot soup. Frown

No more going to any NBA games, money is best to part with the needy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Bah, humbug. Are there no prisons? Are there no work houses?

Is that you Jacob Marley? I've been visited by the ghost of christmas past in the form of Che Guevara, oops, no, its Fidel Castro!

Joking there big guy, I couldn't be more d'accuerdo with you senor Che. I too would rejoice at the uplifting of my fellow man-woman. Just expressing a wish for the celtics season, i.e. good health, here on the celtics forum.

But a sports forum is a strange hang-out for a deep hearted philanthropist. Pry yourself away from your computer monitor and hustle your rear end down to the local soup kitchen.  Talk is cheap my man. Make a real difference, NOW! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Too late chief----I've been doing it for 5 years.  I Kissed the ground, washed dishes and cooked   (every 1st week of the month) at cornerstone foundation.

This communist has heart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hope I don't stir up anything here but all I want for X-Mas is a scoring wing taller than 6' 5".  Quis has really done a good job as a backup wing but he just doesn't score consistently enough for me.  During those dog days of February and March, Ray and Paul will have to be given more rest and I'd feel so much more comfortable with a scoring wing to fill in.

I don't think Delonte is that wing to backup Ray on occasion.  I think when Delonte returns, he will be the backup PG needed to keep Rondo from the 40 minute games.  From the past few games with Rondo out, it's obvious there is no other position for Delonte when Rondo isn't on the court.

I think we NEED some consistent scoring from a wing other than Ray and Paul and, right now, we're lacking in that area.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

No problem Pete---the poster was asking what do you want for xmas.
    That's what you want and that's what I want. Cool & Merry christmas to you and your family. Be safe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: All I Want 4 X-Mas:
    [QUOTE]Hope I don't stir up anything here but all I want for X-Mas is a scoring wing taller than 6' 5".  Quis has really done a good job as a backup wing but he just doesn't score consistently enough for me.  During those dog days of February and March, Ray and Paul will have to be given more rest and I'd feel so much more comfortable with a scoring wing to fill in. I don't think Delonte is that wing to backup Ray on occasion.  I think when Delonte returns, he will be the backup PG needed to keep Rondo from the 40 minute games.  From the past few games with Rondo out, it's obvious there is no other position for Delonte when Rondo isn't on the court. I think we NEED some consistent scoring from a wing other than Ray and Paul and, right now, we're lacking in that area.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you're wishing for Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Don't worry about Che, no one told him that communism is mostly a thing of the past. Russia, China, and even Sweden have moved on. Cuba and N Korea will also go the way of the Dodo shortly.

A healthy Celtic team is a great Christmas gift. They will be unstoppable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

All I want for Christmas is for people to have the simple decency, accuracy and respect to spell out Christmas instead of starting it with an "X".  I know, it's crazy.

And I think I want more pictures of Steve Francis running around in China with his shoes untied and an ice bag flapping around his ankel.  Sorry, couldn't help myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Acie---according to:
    Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of Χριστος, "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ĕks'məs).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All I Want 4 X-Mas : Are you saying you're wishing for Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, I did not say for Christmas I wish for Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince.  With all due respect, please don't put words in my mouth.  I prefer not to get into specific players as that would begin a thread on the price the Celtics would have to pay for specific players.

So for this thread, I wish for a wing player taller than 6'5" who can consistently score.

Che, thanks you very much and Merry Christmas to you and your family too.  Same to you P34 and Acie and all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All I Want 4 X-Mas : P34, I did not say for Christmas I wish for Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince.  With all due respect, please don't put words in my mouth.  I prefer not to get into specific players as that would begin a thread on the price the Celtics would have to pay for specific players. So for this thread, I wish for a wing player taller than 6'5" who can consistently score. Che, thanks you very much and Merry Christmas to you and your family too.  Same to you P34 and Acie and all.

I just wish for our current group of guys to get and stay healthy.  IMO if that happens we will be celebrating later this year. 

Merry Christmas to all.

1/1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

delfino in green

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

delfino in green

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Acie---according to: Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of Χριστος, "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ĕks ' məs).
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

well, it seems that by your very definition of "X", it is an informal shortened butchering of Christ's name, seeing that "X" is merely the first letter of the greek word for "Christ" that you cite, right?

Should we just call it C-Mas in the USA since we speak English and not the language where Christ starts with "X", and be happy with that or can we just go ahead and spell out God's son's name on his birthday? 

That's all I'm saying.  It's a simple matter of respect, that an alarming number of self proclaimed CHRISTians lack.  Do they call themselves Xtians?  No.  It's all around ridiculous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What if I told you that this team as currently constructed will win number 18 if we can stay healthy.  No x-mas presents necessary if we can stay whole.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

What?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Merry Christmas everyone.

Safe travels and hopefully 2011 will be kind to all of you.

Only 8 more hours till Christmas!!! :D Well down here that's all there is! Hope that Santa is kind to me. And you all of you as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Wow, I got posts from this forums biggest names. Thanks everyone.

First off, Petey, I too felt VERY strongly about adding a big wing-man. I posted a °Posey in some shape or form° thread during the summer.  That's part of what this current thread was about: asserting that I was wrong and that this team CAN bring home trophy 18 with no further modifications needed outside of good health.  Right now, I'm sure you agree, they look like they could beat anyone but it will be interesting to see how things pan out for Pierce and Allen during the rapidly aproaching °dog days° if that type of player is not added soon. 

To the rest of the folks, an apology to ACEarl. I'm not a churchgoer myself but I'm down with Jesus' message and certainly meant no offense with the abbreviation.  

Finally, Id like to piggyback on Worthy's post wishing happy holidays to you all.

And feliz ano nuevo!

Go Green! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

oh, and CHE, good for you man.  Nice to hear youre making a contribution to life.  I tip my hat to you. Keep up the good work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Hope I don't stir up anything here but all I want for X-Mas is a scoring wing taller than 6' 5".  Quis has really done a good job as a backup wing but he just doesn't score consistently enough for me.  During those dog days of February and March, Ray and Paul will have to be given more rest and I'd feel so much more comfortable with a scoring wing to fill in. I don't think Delonte is that wing to backup Ray on occasion.  I think when Delonte returns, he will be the backup PG needed to keep Rondo from the 40 minute games.  From the past few games with Rondo out, it's obvious there is no other position for Delonte when Rondo isn't on the court. I think we NEED some consistent scoring from a wing other than Ray and Paul and, right now, we're lacking in that area.

Very good post and I agree with you.  We definitely could use another player at this position.