all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...:
    [QUOTE]With Rondo I believe Doc has tried to get through but he's been immature and stubborn. I think that's changing (maybe a result of all the public criticism) after seeing him deliberately take a bunch of jumpers against NJ every time they went under the pick ... he started slow but finished 7-16 and proved that he was capable of hitting that shot. He did it a couple of times today too ... it's never too late for an old dog to learn a new trick .... stay tuned! I agree. I'm not giving up on Rondo. I would love to see him correct the deficiencies in his game and develop into the all-round, all-world, First or Second Team All-NBA player he's capable of becoming. In the back of my mind, I see Antoine Walker Redux, and that's what worries me. I don't want another extremely talented player settling for borderline All-Star when he can be top 5 player leaguewide. I don't get disappointed in players with limited potential. Mickael Pietrus is not an elite player. He's going to help sometimes, he's going to hurt sometimes. That's to be expected. He is what he is. Rondo has so much more upside, it's frustrating to see him not reach it on a consistent basis. All he has to do is learn how to shoot open baskets. He ought to be able to do it. I'll never forget watching him go toe to toe with Kevin Durant in the All-Star Horse competition. Rondo's got the ability. He needs the execution.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Talk is that he hits in practice regularly ... and as you point out, in front of millions on global broadcast he's able to hit both free throws and threes!

I really believe he settled for borderline Allstar as a result of being the facilitator to three hall of famers ... In his minds eye, what more can you ask of me. But now with "this dog don't hunt" every game vets, and the passing of the wand to him ... "It's Rondo's team now" by coach, gm & owners, maybe it's starting to sink in that he has to improve the parts of his game that he ignored before if indeed he will be playing with a new set of young, athletic non-HOF's shortly. Once he sees (and maybe he's convinced now) that he really is the building block, hopefully we will see a PG determined to be fundamentally strong in all facets of his game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I think he may have been 0 for 6 in the 4th quarter.. and yes despite the gaudy numbers he almost lost the game with his woeful shooting at nearly point blank range when the game was on the line. (CPP bailed us out.) That's Rondo though. The great and the awful all wrapped up together in one package. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Said well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : With Walker I think it was coaching ... to be competitive the strategy was to become a three point shooting team and Twoine fell in love with it and his coach never brought him back to his strength ... rebounding and inside play. With Rondo I believe Doc has tried to get through but he's been immature and stubborn. I think that's changing (maybe a result of all the public criticism) after seeing him deliberately take a bunch of jumpers against NJ every time they went under the pick ... he started slow but finished 7-16 and proved that he was capable of hitting that shot. He did it a couple of times today too ... it's never too late for an old dog to learn a new trick .... stay tuned!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    I agree, looking ahead with new hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": Again, you're not seeing the big picture. If that slutt is clean and very attractive and at a "cheap" price, its a beautiful thing and a good value. Now your attraction to male prostitutes is ugly no matter how your mind percieves it.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

That explains your ignorance ... the very term means "dirty or unkempt."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : Talk is that he hits in practice regularly ... and as you point out, in front of millions on global broadcast he's able to hit both free throws and threes! I really believe he settled for borderline Allstar as a result of being the facilitator to three hall of famers ... In his minds eye, what more can you ask of me. But now with "this dog don't hunt" every game vets, and the passing of the wand to him ... "It's Rondo's team now" by coach, gm & owners, maybe it's starting to sink in that he has to improve the parts of his game that he ignored before if indeed he will be playing with a new set of young, athletic non-HOF's shortly. Once he sees (and maybe he's convinced now) that he really is the building block, hopefully we will see a PG determined to be fundamentally strong in all facets of his game. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Your post is all conjecture without any facts. "talk is" he hits in practice regularly...cite a source or are these voices in your head? "he's able to hit free throws and 3s" ...in play time without D maybe. He certainly has't demonstrated that proficiency in real games. And you actually think he could have been a good shooter but just never really tried!! Shooting is key to his fundamental job responsibility. If you think he needs more motivation to improve, you're in denial of reality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : Thats key right there..missing the big picture.., its like Mployee8 got teabagged by rondo and cant see through the big picture...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Don't get me angry cabby ... I'll take you to task and you won't like it ... delete that BS or pay the price!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

is he deadly from 3? no. painful from the free throw line at times? sure. but you cant name another Point Guard in the league that is capable of putting up the numbers you just saw today. not only that, but Rondo has had similar numbers before (29, 13, 18), so its not as if this was a lucky performance. 

people need to respect wat this kid does and stop pointing out his every weakness..ud enjoy the Celtics alot more if you did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]is he deadly from 3? no. painful from the free throw line at times? sure. but you cant name another Point Guard in the league that is capable of putting up the numbers you just saw today. not only that, but Rondo has had similar numbers before (29, 13, 18), so its not as if this was a lucky performance.  people need to respect wat this kid does and stop pointing out his every weakness..ud enjoy the Celtics alot more if you did.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

He was awesome today - still dont' know if I want to build around him or not.  He needs several of these in a row.  I am very content with him staying here!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": Your post is all conjecture without any facts. "talk is" he hits in practice regularly...cite a source or are these voices in your head? "he's able to hit free throws and 3s" ...in play time without D maybe. He certainly has't demonstrated that proficiency in real games. And you actually think he could have been a good shooter but just never really tried!! Shooting is key to his fundamental job responsibility. If you think he needs more motivation to improve, you're in denial of reality.

http://www.csnne.com/01/05/11/Rondo-not-afraid-to-step-up-and-shoot/landing_celtics.html?blockID=385640&feedID=3945

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": Haha. I'm sorry to expose your ignorance to everyone here, but you should learn to pick your fights better. You're in way over your head and digging a deeper hole. You see, there is no such word as slutt. So you made up that definition. And if you meant the definition of a similiar word with only one t, then you should go back to your dictionary and you will learn that it means "a promiscuous woman" or "slang for a saucey girl". So Unless you wanna Look like a bigger fool, just take your intellectual lumps and move on sonny boy.

Mr Veteran poster ... you should know that the programming here won't let you post words like that when spelt correctly .... go back to the yahoo message boards where you came from.

Edit: Passing on my conjecture are you ... link is too much evidence for you to respond to so you need to take up word usage ... use this ... Weenie!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": Your post is all conjecture without any facts. "talk is" he hits in practice regularly...cite a source or are these voices in your head? "he's able to hit free throws and 3s" ...in play time without D maybe. He certainly has't demonstrated that proficiency in real games. And you actually think he could have been a good shooter but just never really tried!! Shooting is key to his fundamental job responsibility. If you think he needs more motivation to improve, you're in denial of reality.

Point guard (PG), also called the play maker or "the ball-handler," is one of the standard positions in a regulation basketball game and is commonly abbreviated "PG." A point guard has perhaps the most specialized role of any position – essentially, he is expected to run the team's offense by controlling the ball and making sure that it gets to the right players at the right time. Above all, the point guard must totally understand and accept his or her coach's game plan.
    A point guard, like all player positions in basketball, has specific characteristics that are essential for them to help guide their team to a victory. The Basketball Handbook by Lee Rose describes a point guard as a coach on the floor, who can handle and distribute the ball to teammates. It also states that the more speed a point guard has, the more likely he will be able to create separation and space off the dribble, which allows the point guard room to work. Point guards should also be vocal floor leaders, and should discuss rule interpretations with officials. A point guard must always know the time on both the shot clock and the game clock, the score, the number of timeouts for both teams, and whom to foul late in the game.

what part of this definition of point guard is Rondo poor at?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : He was awesome today - still dont' know if I want to build around him or not.  He needs several of these in a row.  I am very content with him staying here!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

ur kidding right..only 3 players in nba history have put up numbers like that..him wilt and oscar, yet you want him to do it several times in a row to convince u he can be built around??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : Point guard  ( PG ), also called the  play maker  or " the ball-handler, " is one of the standard positions in a regulation  basketball  game and is commonly abbreviated "PG." A point guard has perhaps the most specialized role of any position – essentially, he is expected to run the team's offense by controlling the ball and making sure that it gets to the right players at the right time . Above all, the point guard must totally understand and accept his or her coach's game plan. A point guard, like all player positions in basketball, has specific characteristics that are essential for them to help guide their team to a victory.  The Basketball Handbook  by  Lee Rose  describes a point guard as a coach on the floor, who can handle and distribute the ball to teammates . It also states that the more speed a point guard has, the more likely he will be able to create separation and space off the dribble, which allows the point guard room to work. Point guards should also be vocal floor leaders , and should discuss rule interpretations with officials. A point guard must always know the time on both the  shot clock  and the game clock, the score, the number of timeouts for both teams, and whom to foul late in the game. what part of this definition of point guard is Rondo poor at?

Don't waste your time ... guys a lightweight from the yahoo message boards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : Thats key right there..missing the big picture.., its like Mployee8 got teabagged by rondo and cant see through the big picture...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

You have no opinion ... you're a lemming ... Look it up!

You're one of those posters here that are Fierce's yes men ... constantly knodding your head up and down (whatcha doing there Cabby?) and following him off a cliff. That's a tee-bagger, and that's you cabutan .... Enjoy the view LEMMING!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining. I disagree. Rondo had a superb stat line, no doubt about it. If you look a little closer, he nearly lost the game by missing a boatload of layups (eight alone by my count in the fourth quarter). Almost anyone else would have made at least 2/3 of those layups, resulting in 12 more points. Rondo is a fantastic passer, a great rebounder for a point guard, and a good hustle player when the mood strikes. He's still a terrible shooter. How many layups is he going to miss? When will he shoot free throws at 80%+ like nearly every other point guard in the league? When will he hit open jump shots at a consistently decent percentage? He both gives and he takes away. Even today that was evident.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Well yeah.  That's obvious.  Rondo is an very good player who has huge flaws in his game.  If everyone would just admit that very simple face then this entire board would probably shut down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": JamezHill24 Look i am obviously not a Rondo fan nor supporter, but you are spot on with your perspective. I actually found myself rooting against Rondo today and therefore against the Celtics. and I have been a devout Celtics fan for decades...so I for one will take your wise advice. I need to enjoy the game and accept Rondo's deficiencies as nothing in this world is perfect...except maybe a beautiful rich loving nympho with large breasts without vocal cords. Thanks.

i used to do the same exact thing for Lebron James simply because i hated the guy. i wanted to see him do poorly therefore started missing out on his greatness. this season i have taken a step back and ill tell you, its a joy to watch. great, great player.

this is all about the Celtics. Rondo is a Celtic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The bigger picture as I see it isnt the amazing stat line of Rondo today. It's does he make similar contributions consistently throughout the season.   Today was sensational but hes also put up 0 points and 5 assists... Today was national TV game, is that what motivates this kid or that he clobbered a noob like Lin thats just starting to make a name for himself??

Next game Rondo stinks in, the criticism will return, then he'll have a 20-24-15 line, as you'll be throwing bouquets of flowers at his feet.

The  real standard is can he bring it consistently...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : He was awesome today - still dont' know if I want to build around him or not.  He needs several of these in a row.  I am very content with him staying here!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

ur kidding right..only 3 players in nba history have put up numbers like that..him wilt and oscar, yet you want him to do it several times in a row to convince u he can be built around??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The bigger picture as I see it isnt the amazing stat line of Rondo today. It's does he make similar contributions consistently throughout the season.   Today was sensational but hes also put up 0 points and 5 assists... Today was national TV game, is that what motivates this kid or that he clobbered a noob like Lin thats just starting to make a name for himself?? Next game Rondo stinks in, the criticism will return, then he'll have a 20-24-15 line, as you'll be throwing bouquets of flowers at his feet. The  real standard is can he bring it consistently...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

No.  He can't.  This does not mean he is horrible or needs to be traded though.  It just means he is one of the best point guards in the NBA instead of the best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : ur kidding right..only 3 players in nba history have put up numbers like that..him wilt and oscar, yet you want him to do it several times in a row to convince u he can be built around??

some people will never be satisfied.....a guy has an all time great game and people still criticize him for it....appreciate what we have !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : ur kidding right..only 3 players in nba history have put up numbers like that..him wilt and oscar, yet you want him to do it several times in a row to convince u he can be built around??

DWill, Jennings & Lin ... More to come ... Hahaha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Don't mean exactly like this.....obviously.  But, watch next game and see if he is AS engaged.  That's all I meant.  He can't have a triple-double every game, but he can LEAD this team every night.....if he wants to.  I'm looking for a little consistency.  I don't want to see the next game, 0 points and 5 assists....that is what I mean!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]The bigger picture as I see it isnt the amazing stat line of Rondo today. It's does he make similar contributions consistently throughout the season.   Today was sensational but hes also put up 0 points and 5 assists... Today was national TV game, is that what motivates this kid or that he clobbered a noob like Lin thats just starting to make a name for himself?? Next game Rondo stinks in, the criticism will return, then he'll have a 20-24-15 line, as you'll be throwing bouquets of flowers at his feet. The  real standard is can he bring it consistently...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Thank you - I meant to say the same thing - you said it better!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...": Are you sure you're old enough to be an employee? Because you sound like an immature name calling 8th grader. Grow up and focus your comments on basketball or shut up. Mstudent8thgrader

Back to Yahoo El Kabong!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hfirdv34n7A/TP2QqA7YJRI/AAAAAAAAG0c/HWZyW-j5Y8s/s1600/WHO%2BIS%2BEL%2BKABONG%2B4.png

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : some people will never be satisfied.....a guy has an all time great game and people still criticize him for it....appreciate what we have !
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I appreciate him.................but I want consistency.  He has no choice now but to be the leader.  I want to see him lead!!!  Like he did today.....not today' numbers, but today's overall game.  We've seen he can do it - just not on a regular enough basis for me.  But, you see how good we can be when he's all in!!