All Time Ball Hog!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

All Time Ball Hog!!

Want to see it in action tonight watch Kome go after the scoring championship at Sacremento.   No telling how many shot he might put up tonight.  This is what he plays for, not championships.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: All Time Ball Hog!!

In Response to All Time Ball Hog!!:
    [QUOTE]Want to see it in action tonight watch Kome go after the scoring championship at Sacremento.   No telling how many shot he might put up tonight.  This is what he plays for, not championships.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Kobe will score at least 38.
    When you have the chance, you go for the scoring title.

In his final game of the 1978 season, George Gervin scored 73 points to win the scoring title over David Thompson who scored 63 points in his final game of the season.

4/24/94: David Robinson scored 71 points in his final game to win the scoring title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

iceman and drDunk were both scorers who tried to put up those number EVERY night.

i'm surprised the admiral ever scored that much.  I don't remember him as a scorer at all....that must have been under terk or something

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to All Time Ball Hog!!:
    [QUOTE]Want to see it in action tonight watch Kome go after the scoring championship at Sacremento.   No telling how many shot he might put up tonight.  This is what he plays for, not championships.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    How many championships is he part of now? I hope he wins the scoring title and another banner. By the way, idiotic post from a Laker hater. That is all this about. How will you feel when they surpass the Celts total championships? I think it will happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

So Bynum might as well not suit up tonight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He plays for championships too, haha

as much as I hate Kobe as a truly disgusting human and selfish athlete he was VERY motivated to pass Shaq's 4 titles in '10, and is currently very motivated to tie MJ w/ 6 titles (he is prob delusional enough to think it makes him just as good all-time, ha)

But yes, regular season scoring titles and the big carrot, Kareem's all time title, are the 2nd most important thing for Kobe. He is the new Iverson. A gunner who shoots in the low 40's from the field and 30's from 3 and cares little for his teammates.

It will be truly hilarious to watch him push his aging body in a meaningless game to get 38 points. Hopefully he gets beat up in the process.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: All Time Ball Hog!!:
    [QUOTE]He plays for championships too, haha as much as I hate Kobe as a truly disgusting human and selfish athlete he was VERY motivated to pass Shaq's 4 titles in '10, and is currently very motivated to tie MJ w/ 6 titles (he is prob delusional enough to think it makes him just as good all-time, ha) But yes, regular season scoring titles and the big carrot, Kareem's all time title, are the 2nd most important thing for Kobe. He is the new Iverson. A gunner who shoots in the low 40's from the field and 30's from 3 and cares little for his teammates. It will be truly hilarious to watch him push his aging body in a meaningless game to get 38 points. Hopefully he gets beat up in the process.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Kobe cares little for his teammates?
    When he missed the 7 games due to his shin injury, he was constantly talking to the other players or instructing them by drawings on the clipboard. He could have just sat back and did nothing or just not come to games and have his coach worry about where they were watching the game. (KG and Pierce).

Kobe just had 7 games off, he is fine. As he said last night: "I'm not on vacation".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]So Bynum might as well not suit up tonight
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Bynum and Gasol are most likely not going to play at all.
    Neither will Barnes and Sessions will probably not play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

The Kings are the worst defensive team in the NBA.
    I think 38 is possible for Kobe...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to All Time Ball Hog!! : Kobe will score at least 38. When you have the chance, you go for the scoring title. In his final game of the 1978 season, George Gervin scored 73 points to win the scoring title over David Thompson who scored 63 points in his final game of the season. 4/24/94: David Robinson scored 71 points in his final game to win the scoring title.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I actually totally forgot about David Thompson.  Why did his career drop off so quickly?  Did he have an injury of some sort?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I just googled it.  Injuries and "substance abuse".  Or so it says.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" This is what he plays for, not championships."

Umm he has five rings. I don't think your argument works at all, and I'm no Kobe fan. Dominique was about scoring, he has no rings. 

I have NO ISSUE with Kobe going for the scoring title tonight and I expect his team to try to help him get it. Their seeding will not be impacted in any way so why not? 

Where your argument about "Kome" gets very interesting is that for the Lakers to win a championship this year, Kobe WILL have to defer to Bynum and Gasol in a way that he is not used to doing in playoff situations. If he continues to try to play like he's ten years younger and still "the man" the Lakers are not going to win. 

So, we'll find out this postseason what Kobe is made of and how bad he wants this next ring, because he won't get a ring unless he lets the other guys dominate and then picks his spots. If he does that I think the Lakers will win it all, as much as it pains me to say that. If he shoots 25-30 a game they will not. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Time Ball Hog!! : Kobe cares little for his teammates? When he missed the 7 games due to his shin injury, he was constantly talking to the other players or instructing them by drawings on the clipboard. He could have just sat back and did nothing or just not come to games and have his coach worry about where they were watching the game. (KG and Pierce). Kobe just had 7 games off, he is fine. As he said last night: "I'm not on vacation".

Yes that is all part of his publicity act, to desperately look like he cares and is 'one of the guys' when we know he cares only for himself and his legacy, it reeks of showmamship and attention getting, prob didn't make Mike Brown feel all that great either, stealing his thunder

Like how right after the rape accustation every press conference features his cute lil daughters in his lap and Kobe being charming and shooting off smiles....

He is a well-oiled public relations gag job, the A-rod of the NBA, who has historically been disliked and ostracized by his teammates and coaches

The Celtics have umbutu and fun close caring teammates, our big 3 are real, they act themselves and don't perform for camera's b/c they are insecure disliked individuals obsessed with creating an iconic persona like KoME

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]" This is what he plays for, not championships." Umm he has five rings. I don't think your argument works at all, and I'm no Kobe fan. Dominique was about scoring, he has no rings.  I have NO ISSUE with Kobe going for the scoring title tonight and I expect his team to try to help him get it. Their seeding will not be impacted in any way so why not?  Where your argument about "Kome" gets very interesting is that for the Lakers to win a championship this year, Kobe WILL have to defer to Bynum and Gasol in a way that he is not used to doing in playoff situations. If he continues to try to play like he's ten years younger and still "the man" the Lakers are not going to win.  So, we'll find out this postseason what Kobe is made of and how bad he wants this next ring, because he won't get a ring unless he lets the other guys dominate and then picks his spots. If he does that I think the Lakers will win it all, as much as it pains me to say that. If he shoots 25-30 a game they will not. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Kobe will be all about scoring in the regular season b/c he's obsessed with Kareem's record, even if it means the 3 or 4 seed instead of the 1 or 2

Then in the playoffs he (may) involve teammates and do all the little things needed to win b/c he is also obsessed with catching MJ's 6 titles

we shall see indeed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Moot point. He's sitting out tonight's game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Moot point. He's sitting out tonight's game.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Agree:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7858868/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-sits-allows-oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-win-scoring-title

Once more, Mark/Gina is wrong!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Kobe is not much younger than our BIG 3 and Duncan & Ginobli of the Spurs. In these last few games when placings were settled, most of these players had nights off or many minutes on the bench. Biggest reason was to rest up but also to not risk injury.

Be interesting to see how much rest Kobe is given or will he voluntarily take. How foolish/selfish of him to go for the scoring title & risk an injury that'll hurt his team and chance for a championship. Maybe he knows something the Lakers fans don't know and many of us know, they ain't gonna win the title so he wants some kind of award as doesn't look like he'll catch MJ & Shaq with rings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

So much for this thread and all of Rame's points now that Kobe decided to sit out.

I guess what Kobe said is true:

Bryant already has said that capturing the third scoring title of his career in this, his 16th season, was "not very important." But Bryant also seemed to indicate that he did not plan on sitting out any more games after returning to the lineup last week after a seven-game, 14-day long absence because of a left shin injury.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7858868/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-sits-allows-oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-win-scoring-title

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Time Ball Hog!! : Agree: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7858868/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-sits-allows-oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-win-scoring-title Once more, Mark/Gina is wrong!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

As of last night Kobe was playing.

You Celtics fans couldn't be any more wrong about Kobe.

Another Win in my column.
    Check.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Mark, thanks for the Kobe comment.  However, I seriously doubt that Kobe was being honest that it was "not very important".  Sitting out this game tonight is KILLING Kobe.  It was his goal, his obsession, to win the scoring title in this, his 16th season.  Yes, he wanted it really bad.

He decided that he'd look more like a moron had he played when all the other starters sat in a meaningless game just to achieve an individual award.  Had he decided to play, it would have created a huge controversy and it would have tainted his image as just a selfish individual only interested in winning the scoring title.

Also playing against Sacramento, Kobe could smell 38 points and the title.  You'd be a fool to believe that was not very important to him.  The scoring title and another ring are what's most important this season for Kobe.  Believe it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Mark, thanks for the Kobe comment.  However, I seriously doubt that Kobe was being honest that it was " not very important ".  Sitting out this game tonight is KILLING Kobe.  It was his goal, his obsession, to win the scoring title in this, his 16th season.  Yes, he wanted it really bad. He decided that he'd look more like a moron had he played when all the other starters sat in a meaningless game just to achieve an individual award.  Had he decided to play, it would have created a huge controversy and it would have tainted his image as just a selfish individual only interested in winning the scoring title. Also playing against Sacramento, Kobe could smell 38 points and the title.  You'd be a fool to believe that was not very important to him.  The scoring title and another ring are what's most important this season for Kobe.  Believe it.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Kobe would like to have the scoring title just as we would if we were in that position, as David Robisnson did, as David Thompson and Gervin also did. There is nothing wrong with trying to win a scoring title if you are able to.

Mike Brown left it up to his starters if they were going to play. Kobe should be respected for sitting out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Time Ball Hog!! : As of last night Kobe was playing. You Celtics fans couldn't be any more wrong about Kobe. Another Win in my column. Check.

WRONG - wow, doesn't this get monotonous!! 
    1.  This thread was started today - not last night
    2.  What did I say about Bryant in this thread, other than he isn't playing.
    3.  You don't know him any more personally than we do, and we are all entitled to our opinions.
    Cancel that check!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Time Ball Hog!! : WRONG - wow, doesn't this get monotonous!!  1.  This thread was started today - not last night 2.  What did I say about Bryant in this thread, other than he isn't playing. 3.  You don't know him any more personally than we do, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Cancel that check!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

The point of this thread was to show was a selfish player Kobe is and he will do anything for the scoring title.
    Wrong...

Check Mate

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Time Ball Hog!! : The point of this thread was to show was a selfish player Kobe is and he will do anything for the scoring title. Wrong... Check Mate

Again - what did I say to warrant your response.  I merely agreed with OC that he wasn't playing, and provided a link.  I'm afraid you have mis-guided anger here, man!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]The Kings are the worst defensive team in the NBA. I think 38 is possible for Kobe...

Sorry to rain on your parade but I bet if he plays, TE or whoever.. holds him under 25 in spite of a record shots taken.  Kome is an " it's all about me" player. Definitely a talented guy but without the team concept.

Clip boards, in this case, are an expression of power and dominance only, not selflessness and not a willingness to teach.

If I am wrong and I well could this only proves what I am saying..self yes, team no as far as Kome is concerned.