Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/wade-allen-want-to-be-paid-to-play-in-olympics/#

And the players keep reminding me why I have gravitated so far away from basketball.

Simply despicable, what a disappointing statement from Ray.

Spoiled, entitled and totally out of touch. I find myself not only not wanting to watch these bums perform, I find it hard to even keep my food down when they open their mouths.

Truly an embarrassment.

The NBA is trying it's best to kill itself. Good riddance I say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

let the college kids play, at least they'll care and bring the integrity back to international competition.  Or D leaguers, or anyone who will consider it an honor and not a liability.

they did something similar with the Davis Cup in golf a few years ago.  it bothered me but the players had a point in that it just wasn't worth it for them to play because they would loose money in the process with the tournaments they would be missing as a result.  I still disagree with it because they are the golfers who have done exceptionally well that go to that tournament, and it's a week they can afford to miss a pay check from playing while still getting payed by their sponsors and having the opportunity to promote their name and raise their brand.

If they pay them, it should be what the lowest payed athlete in the entire Olympics is getting, just to shine a light on how fortunate they are.  If that's zero, then it's zero.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Wade, of course, today, is backtracking!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7805591/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-backs-compensation-olympics

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

What's so hysterical is that a guy like Wade thinks he's taking a stand when he says something like this, like he's being courageous and socially conscious against a system that is taking advantage of him.  The hoodie was one thing but let's not get full of ourselves Dwayne.  Just play ball and try to figure out how to compete with the Celtics without taking out their players in the dirty cheapshot ways that you do.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pay these guys for goodness sakes. They have business expenses that are sky high.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to fully feed and cloth a 10 man posse and give them some spending $$$ too... while making the payments on 3 mac-mansions and a fleet of Bentleys?

Besides they stand ready and willing to wear the colors of the good old U.S. of A. and to represent all the values that make us the greatest country on the face of the earth.... bar none!

Pud

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

very disappointed in ray. expected as much of cry baby wade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Wow. You pro athletes already get paid. Overpaid really to just play a sport. And now you want to be paid for playing in the Olympics. Insane. Maybe we the fans should get paid to watch. How does that sound Ray and Wade? Let the college kids play again then. It is a chance of a lifetime and an honor to represent your country. That should be payment enough.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I got a kick out of R9R's comment that he loved his summers and wanted no part of the Team USA.

Not the story at all two years ago when he tried out for the team because it would help his "brand" and then got "homesick" and quit the team because he was about to be cut by Coach K.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Just went on Rondo's webpage - don't see R9R anywhere.......wonder if that is a Pudinvention??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Not surprise by both players particularly Allen as he has a massive chip on his shoulder. He's never been regarded as a marquee player and it seems to me that he wants to ride the coat tails of Kobe, LBJ etc to get a gold medal. Players like this dragged down Team USA for years, lest we forget the team that PP was on which was diabolical which was no surprise, until Kobe turned it around and put Team USA back where it belongs.

The epitome of any player that turns out for their country for no money and plays hard look no further than #24!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Ridiculous. Stay home and count your millions!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    [QUOTE]Not surprise by both players particularly Allen as he has a massive chip on his shoulder. He's never been regarded as a marquee player and it seems to me that he wants to ride the coat tails of Kobe, LBJ etc to get a gold medal. Players like this dragged down Team USA for years, lest we forget the team that PP was on which was diabolical which was no surprise, until Kobe turned it around and put Team USA back where it belongs. The epitome of any player that turns out for their country for no money and plays hard look no further than #24!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen has the exact same # of gold medal's as Kobe dumbazz

and at age 37 isn't asking to play on anymore Olympic teams

Ray is the 4th best SG of all time... he doesn't have to ride anyone's coat tails, he has played Kobe to a draw over the years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Ray Allen has the exact same # of gold medal's as Kobe dumbazz and at age 37 isn't asking to play on anymore Olympic teams Ray is the 4th best SG of all time... he doesn't have to ride anyone's coat tails, he has played Kobe to a draw over the years.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Hey kid, I'm sure Ray is the 4th best sg in Celtic history but in NBA terms he was average at best, one dimensional and proud holder of the worlds most crooked grin. The world knows that it was Kobe that got Team USA back on the path to glory but sadly for Ray no one remembers him save a few in Boston and Seattle. I'm not surprised one bit that Mr One Dimensional wants money to play for his country after all, in 5 years time no one will remember him save those few people in Boston and his mama.

In #24 we trust!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Hey kid, I'm sure Ray is the 4th best sg in Celtic history but in NBA terms he was average at best, one dimensional and proud holder of the worlds most crooked grin. The world knows that it was Kobe that got Team USA back on the path to glory but sadly for Ray no one remembers him save a few in Boston and Seattle. I'm not surprised one bit that Mr One Dimensional wants money to play for his country after all, in 5 years time no one will remember him save those few people in Boston and his mama. In #24 we trust!

Sadly Ray is more likely to a win title this year with the celtics playing historic defense than poor Kobe will. It's over for my Lakers and we never caught the Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Hey kid, I'm sure Ray is the 4th best sg in Celtic history but in NBA terms he was average at best, one dimensional and proud holder of the worlds most crooked grin. The world knows that it was Kobe that got Team USA back on the path to glory but sadly for Ray no one remembers him save a few in Boston and Seattle. I'm not surprised one bit that Mr One Dimensional wants money to play for his country after all, in 5 years time no one will remember him save those few people in Boston and his mama. In #24 we trust!

hahahahahaha

ignorance from the low IQ teen once more

even your own LA trolls find you to be a fool

Ray is far and away the 4th best SG in the NBA after:

1. MJ

distant 2nd Jerry West

3. Kobe

4. Ray

Since you didn't watch the game before 2000, I won't even assume you are capable of finding a few better SG's... Wade will pass him if he has 4-5 more all-star years and wins a 2nd ring... but Ray will remain top 5

regards to the real 'kid' you got owned like always

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : hahahahahaha ignorance from the low IQ teen once more even your own LA trolls find you to be a fool Ray is far and away the 4th best SG in the NBA after: 1. MJ distant 2nd Jerry West 3. Kobe 4. Ray Since you didn't watch the game before 2000, I won't even assume you are capable of finding a few better SG's... Wade will pass him if he has 4-5 more all-star years and wins a 2nd ring... but Ray will remain top 5 regards to the real 'kid' you got owned like always
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]there you go again RIM-ME. dumbing down the high IQ of another thread. perhaps they should have a special moron section for your kind to childishly attack and throw pooop at each other. i'm glad someone started this. these are the kind of threads i do participate in but do not like to start for its too obvious. its low hanging fruit! i was tempted last night but i'm glad again that its here. bottom line EVERYONE hates ray on this one! bla bla, only american pros should be paid? if your pocketbook is more relevant, dont show up. there are many pros in this great country who would go in his place! what a disgusting shame. this will taint ray's legacy. y get involved in this nonsense when he has ZERO shot of making the team in the first place going forward? are there any 6th men ever on the olympic team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

There is point is fair, someone is making a lot of money off of them at the Olympics. They should want to play for free but they are making a lot of people a lot of cash. It is not like Nike is making Team USA jersies for free.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : there you go again RIM-ME. dumbing down the high IQ of another thread. perhaps they should have a special moron section for your kind to childishly attack and throw pooop at each other. i'm glad someone started this. these are the kind of threads i do participate in but do not like to start for its too obvious. its low hanging fruit! i was tempted last night but i'm glad again that its here. bottom line EVERYONE hates ray on this one! bla bla, only american pros should be paid? if your pocketbook is more relevant, dont show up. there are many pros in this great country who would go in his place! what a disgusting shame. this will taint ray's legacy. y get involved in this nonsense when he has ZERO shot of making the team in the first place going forward? are there any 6th men ever on the olympic team?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Wow, really missed the boat here.

I was not attacking the relevence of the Olympic pay issue thread. I was attacking the way an obvious troll who constantly displays limited knowledge about the sport of basketball and the mind of a child was attempting to vilify known class-act Ray Allen and somehow promote a well known scumb@g, egomaniac and one of the games most selfish and disliked players, the accused rapist Kobe Bryant.

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel and grasping for straws if you claim to approve of the antics of Elven, he is the dumbest and easiest target of all the Laker trolls... and if you claim to love Boston sports so much you would be laughing at and picking to apart such trash as him (as I do daily) over using a loser to try and prove a point about yourself... FAIL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Sadly Ray is more likely to a win title this year with the celtics playing historic defense than poor Kobe will. It's over for my Lakers and we never caught the Celtics.
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

Ray is not even worthy of starting in the NBA anymore.
    He lost his job to a player that is not a pg or a sg.
    He must not be too happy about that...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : hahahahahaha ignorance from the low IQ teen once more even your own LA trolls find you to be a fool Ray is far and away the 4th best SG in the NBA after: 1. MJ distant 2nd Jerry West 3. Kobe 4. Ray Since you didn't watch the game before 2000, I won't even assume you are capable of finding a few better SG's... Wade will pass him if he has 4-5 more all-star years and wins a 2nd ring... but Ray will remain top 5 regards to the real 'kid' you got owned like always
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Ray is better then Dwayne Wade, Gervin and Drexler?
    Ray is not even in the top 10 in NBA history.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top_10_shooting_guards_in_NBA_history#photo-title=Michael+Jordan+%25281984-93%252C+95-98%252C+2001-03%2529&photo=30149700

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Do we go by rings on this one?  Lakers fans are famous for saying - "how many rings does Ray have?"

If we go by rings..........................Sam Jones - end of story!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

No rings.
    Drexler was way better then Ray.

Ray, 4th best, ROFLMAO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]No rings. Drexler was way better then Ray. Ray, 4th best, ROFLMAO.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

WAY better - what are you 9?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : WAY better - what are you 9?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I'm not giving out my age, stalker.