an actual rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

an actual rumor

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/15576/20130522/boston-celtics-rumors-paul-pierce-traded-josh-smith-dallas-mavericks.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Re: an actual rumor

In response to kaktug's comment:

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/15576/20130522/boston-celtics-rumors-paul-pierce-traded-josh-smith-dallas-mavericks.htm

It does actually make sense. Hate to say it but I'd take it right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

from the link

"a three-way trade could be secured, featuring two big name players. Boston is looking to secure Smith. The Mavericks would get Pierce and save salary cap space. The Hawks would get Dallas rejects".

Why can't we send Atlanta some of our rejects?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

from the link

"a three-way trade could be secured, featuring two big name players. Boston is looking to secure Smith. The Mavericks would get Pierce and save salary cap space. The Hawks would get Dallas rejects".

Why can't we send Atlanta some of our rejects?

Because they don't want Pierce??

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think this deal would have to wait until after July 1st so Smith could be signed and traded. At that point PP would have his 15.3 guaranteed.

Doesn't seem like it would save the Mavs any cap space at all or make any sense for them unless they wanted to swap out Marion for Pierce and think that lateral move would make them a contender. No shot at Howard with that 15.3 on the books.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The best way to get Smith would be to send Pierce to a Western Conf contender for an exp contract like Caron Butler/Willie Green from the Clips or Richard Jefferson from the Warriors that go to the Hawks. The Hawks then get an asset like Eric Bledsoe or Draymond Green.

Smith gets signed for like 4 years 52-60 million and come to Boston.

any deal with the Clippers would ideally also include KG swapped our for DeAndre Jordan.

The Hawks won't be making any moves until Howard decides his future. It seems like there is almost no chance he goes to Atlanta. Even bringing on 12 million in contracts for Smith the Hawks will still have a bunch of cap space. They can sign Bynum, move Horford to his natural PF spot and have 3-4 exciting young guards. They have two picks in the teens and would just need health from Bynum and a really good SF to make some noise in the East.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I think this deal would have to wait until after July 1st so Smith could be signed and traded. At that point PP would have his 15.3 guaranteed.

Doesn't seem like it would save the Mavs any cap space at all or make any sense for them unless they wanted to swap out Marion for Pierce and think that lateral move would make them a contender. No shot at Howard with that 15.3 on the books.

Agree.  Why would Dallas want Pierce if they have to pay him $15.3 million?  It really doesn't make sense.  Not if they really want Howard. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Atlanta gets:

Caron Butler (8m expiring)

Eric Bledsoe (2.6m) - PG of future replaces Devin Harris

Willie Green (1.4m expiring)

Boston gets:

Josh Smith (sign and trade 4 years 60m, starts at 13m next year)

DeAndre Jordan (11m in '14 and 11.4m in '15)

Clippers get:

Pierce (15.3m option picked up)

KG (11.5m)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Not sure where this would leave Doc & the C's. I'm guessing Doc isn't a big fan because every time I heard someone ask him about Smith last year, he would just roll his eyes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't really want Josh Smith.

It seems buying out PP is what they intend to do...but - I like this trade for 3 teams:

OKC gets Butler

Clips get KG and Perk

BOS gets Jordan and Bledsoe

Maybe we swap picks with OKC, then trade Rondo to Utah for Millsap.

Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Millsap and Jordan

Terry, Lee, Shabazz, Bass and Sully

Fun team!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

That trade won't work before July 1. Right now and until June 30, Josh Smith can't be traded because he has an expiring contract.

If the Celts and Hawks are going to do that trade then that means Pierce gets his 15.3m. 

The Celts only have until June 30 to waive Pierce.

There could be two trades.  One between Dallas and Boston before June 30th.  Boston gets a trade exception.  After July 1, there is a 3-way trade.  It will get very complicated though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

josh smith is antione walker with a little more emphasis on defense. not someone i'd want to watch for 1 season,  not to mention 4 years 60 million.. pass

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

from the very reputable sports web site sportsworldreport.com. 

great reporting all around

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

josh smith is antione walker with a little more emphasis on defense. not someone i'd want to watch for 1 season,  not to mention 4 years 60 million.. pass

Right.  Smith's game is ugly at best.