Analysis of What's wrong with the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Analysis of What's wrong with the Celtics

EVERYTHING!   

Shorter list to talk about what's right with our team.  hard to have faith the way they play.  Every piece of our team is broken.  At this point, its in their heads.   They are just demoralized and lost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Analysis of What's wrong with the Celtics

We have to wait it out 2 weeks, until the 15th of Jan.  I will not get demoralized until then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I am generally one of the positive, forward looking posters here.  I have to admit that I have lost faith.  we are so bad that its hard to see how we could improve.   I HATE going back to the irrelevancy that we had before KG and Ray arrived.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Every point guard that plays against Boston has a great game.   Conley, Isiah Thomas, Chris Paul, Westbrook, Jennings, Holiday, the list goes on and on.   Wonder why that is the case?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

this is not likely solvable. but problems include...

1. no low post offensive or defensive presence on the entire team, which effects all aspexts of the game. even with wilcox they are a legitimate center and another big away from really competing on a nightly basis with quality opponents. a trade or maybe even 2 are a must if this team is to have any shot of having a winning record, let alone making any moise in the playoffs. with that said, though the east is weak, they have virtually no shot to beat miami no matter what they do. 

2. garnett and pierce have aged before our eyes and their offensive effectiveness has been drastically reduced. garnett simply has to get some of his offense in the low post. at 7 feet tall, he cannot continue to fire up 17-20 foot fallaways with no one under the boards. for his part, pierce must realize he cannot do what he used to anymore and play a more controlled game. he's lost at least a step and can no longer consistently elevate, nor can he handle the ball in space. he needs to get rid of the ball up top and make quicker decisions. he keeps looking around for calls as if he's shocked that he keeps getting his shot blocked or throwing the ball away. it's called age, Paul. reduce your expectations for yourself and settle for playing sound b-ball and scoring 14-16 a night. 

3. jeff green has been almost a complete bust. there is no continuity whatsover to his game, no flow to his offense. he now under 3 rebounds per game at 6 "9". Not good enough by a long shot.
    best bet if anyone would take him is ship him out. if he stays he needs plays called for him off the bench and must be made to udnerstand that he has to work harder on the boards. much, much too passive.  

4. brandon bass is a role player who is not big enough to play consistent minutes at the 4, especially on a team with no bigs. he's fine as an 8th or 9th man. also expendable and could be used as trade bait. 

5. the team does not run nearly enough. a player like courtney lee is lost in this system because he is not a knock em down shooter. lee could also be moved. the lack of a run game is on doc and rondo and the team as a whole. it's tough when you have older players who are more comfortable playing with a slower tempo in half court sets, but what they're doiing isn't working. 

6. rajon rondo needs to be aggressive every night. he cannot take games off. he cannot get lost on the court for stretches. this team needs him to be superman. not sure he is mentally or physically up to the challenge. 

7. jason terry needs to make shots, but he also should not be asked to do things he can't do. he is not a starting 2. he is not a point guard. 

8. jason collins does not belong in the NBA and certainly cannot play menaingful minutes for a good tea, see #1. 

9. this team needs a back-up pg. 

10. this team has missed AB. perhaps he fills the back-up point minutes. see #9. 

11. this is a team that needs to play aggressive, gambling team defense. they do have some players who can function well with this style (AB/lee/garnett). they can't match-up size-wise so they need to outwork other teams. when they play this way they are more effective, though again not having a real shot blocking presence is a real issue with this type of d as well because there is no back-line help when gambles don't pay off. 

12. this team has no identity. they don't know who and what they are. they don't have a signature style, a go-to guy on offense etc. on paper it seemed like it might be a good mix of youth and veterans, a team with a deep bench who could throw 10-11 players at you a night and wear you down. if they can run a big man in there and if ab can play the point effectively or they get an actual back-up pg in here think they'd be better off playing like the nuggets. throw ten guys out there, most playing between 20-28 minutes and just go hard at people every night. there is enough talent here to be say a 5th seed in the east but the team is all over the place. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Dr_Hollywood's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To sum it up in two words: THEY SUCK... Deal with it and thank your bright GM for signing a bunch of bench over the hill guards and not getting the big you needed...

THAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU DAAAAAAAAAAAANNYYYYYYYY!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Mommy and Daddy never gave you the attention you craved as a snot nosed brat huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am generally one of the positive, forward looking posters here.  I have to admit that I have lost faith.  we are so bad that its hard to see how we could improve.   I HATE going back to the irrelevancy that we had before KG and Ray arrived.

[/QUOTE]

Too early, the roster for the playoffs is yet to be determined.

One big man away from being a very good team.

[/QUOTE]

So in you humble opinion will it be Gortat or Cousins?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So in you humble opinion will it be Gortat or Cousins?

[/QUOTE]

Whoever is available.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we can get either of them.  Who else is there Amare?  Might not make us a title contender. The team is vastly different than it was just seven games ago.  I can't figure how we could get so bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Everyone knows we are desparate so I hope Danny doesn't get taken to the cleaners.   Time will tell.  There are so many things wrong, I wonder if a big man can fix it.   The players have to be as demoralized as much as the fans.  They need a win just to be able to hold their heads up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'd rather scrap the season  than scrap  the future.

We need a trade for a big, all  too obvious, but not for a soso playoff run and hurting our chances next 5 years.

Right now I think the chemistry on this team is no good. All of the players are not on the same page concerning both roles and effort.

Trade for a big if it's not too onesided, but if not, any trade should be done for the future.

Doc and Danny need a big powwow to discuss same.  Maybe invite KG in as he's got the most sense on this team, IMO.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Cs are not just one big man away from being a contender. The NBA barely has any big men left. That era of ball seems to have faded like this Celtic team. It happens. Players get old. Teams don't gel. The Cs look like a pick up basketball team. No unity. No desperation for a W. No hustle. No intensity. The off season moves just are not working. Put Terry, Bass, Green, Pierce and Rondo on the block. See if you can get younger and hungrier players with toughness. See if you can light a new fire.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. No. NO.  Not a "very" good team.  One big man is not nearly enough.  We may be a more competitive team, but would not even reach the East finals .  WE need a very good big man, a very good shooting SG.  Pierce and Garnett must stay healthy.  Lee needs to play more minutes for Rondo or we need a backup PG that can shoot and play better D.  AB needs to play at the level he was prior to his injury and Green needs to blossum into the player we thought he was netting us 15PPG and 6 RPG like he did in OKC.  Then we will have a very good team...despite Doc's horrible play calling, player management and illogical substitutions.      

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Im ok if we dont make any big moves I think mortgage the future for a team that wont win it all is not a good idea.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Agree. I would pass if the only available players are Gasol or Amare.  

If we can get Cousins, Gortat and maybe even Love or Bargnani, however, I do a deal.  it would take Rondo or a combo of AB and Green, to get the deal done and I would keep AB and Green over Rondo...  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. No. NO.  Not a "very" good team.  One big man is not nearly enough.  We may be a more competitive team, but would not even reach the East finals .  WE need a very good big man, a very good shooting SG.  Pierce and Garnett must stay healthy.  Lee needs to play more minutes for Rondo or we need a backup PG that can shoot and play better D.  AB needs to play at the level he was prior to his injury and Green needs to blossum into the player we thought he was netting us 15PPG and 6 RPG like he did in OKC.  Then we will have a very good team...despite Doc's horrible play calling, player management and illogical substitutions.      

[/QUOTE]

You are asking a lot and unfortunately, I agree with you.  C's need to have a catharsis at this point.  I don't know what could bring that on, (trade, player meeting, fight, radical lineup shakeup) but it needs to happen. 

Our season will finally begin in Jan or it will end, IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

If Rondo isn't 100% healthy he shouldn't be on the floor.. It's getting BAD when Conley is blowing by you EVERY time. Rondo could not stay in front of the guy. It's been recurring thing all year. He's getting TORCHED bad. Pick up it 9