And Now Love gets his Max Contract - who's left???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And Now Love gets his Max Contract - who's left???

Just read this on Celticslife.com:

"In NBA news today that affect the Celtics, the Wolves have decided to offer Kevin Love a max extension (so you can't probably forget about him in Boston) and the Thunder signed Westbrook to a max contract, so Rondo fans can breath a sigh of relief."

So, who's left?  If DWill, CP3, and Howard don't want to come here and the other game changing stars are signing with their own teams (Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Love) - who's going to be left that we can get in Free Agency who would even make a difference?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: And Now Love gets his Max Contract - who's left???

O J Mayo - you did not say they had to be goodWink

Bottom line the draft is more likely to bring us an impact player

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like the Cap space for a lottery pick but I don't think there's a chance we can do a deal that gets Gasol.  He's also old enough that he's a short term solution (the guy is 32 years old, right?).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

You are an imbecile. Why would the Celtics help the Lakers clear cap space to sign Howard. 

They shouldn't help him go to the Lakers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

No way do I want to help the Fakers clear cap space to make a run at Howard. Gasol is old, and we do not need the 38 mil he is still owed for the next two years. We need younger legs whether through free agency or the draft to be able to run with Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im going to put Fierce on ignore if he keeps talking this trade for GaSoft crapola!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: And Now Love gets his Max Contract - who's left???:
    [QUOTE]You are an imbecile. Why would the Celtics help the Lakers clear cap space to sign Howard.    They shouldn't help him go to the Lakers.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]You are an imbecile. Why would the Celtics help the Lakers clear cap space to sign Howard.    They shouldn't help him go to the Lakers.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Agree with you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And Now Love gets his Max Contract - who's left??? : Gasol is going to be 32 in July.  Yes, short term solution. We will become a dangerous team in the playoffs with Gasol, KG, and Bass as the bigs. We should try to win it all this year or blow it up completely. Being somewhere in the middle is worse than being a lottery team. Ainge needs to do something, he needs to decide what route he's going to take before it's too late.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

We'd get bigger but we don't get more athletic nor faster.  I don't want an aging, expensive Gasol.  I say he only makes the trade for an up and comer who's athletic and develops or he let's the season ride out and takes his chances in the draft/free agency.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Love might not accept the Wolves offer.  They offered the 4 year $61M but he wants the 5 year $80M like Westbrook got.  I am pretty sure Minny will offer him that 5th year guaranteed, right!  They will, won't they?  If so, why initially offer him only 4 years when he's stated he wants that 5th year?  Makes you wonder.

Minny is reluctant to offer that 5 year $80 million offer and why, I don't know.  But if they "call Love's bluff" and DO NOT up that offer to 5 years $80M, then all bets are off for where he'll end up.

Maybe Minny wants to hold onto that designated player slot (teams can only have one of them on the roster) for Rubio.

Either way, I think Minny will step up with the 5 year offer but if they don't, Love can end up anywhere, including Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And Now Love gets his Max Contract - who's left??? : Pietrus becomes the starting SF. We get younger, more athletic, and faster. Gasol replaces JO, Pietrus replaces Pierce, it automatically makes us younger, faster and more athletic. Gasol is faster more athletic than JO. And Pietrus is faster and more athletic than Pierce.  Not saying Pietrus is better than Pierce, but Pietrus is definitely more athletic than Pierce and also the better defender.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying this team would be better off without Pierce, but we would be more athletic and a better defensive team with Pietrus starting