And then there was the Captain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: And then there was the Captain

In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Pierce should thank his lucky stars cause had the Lakers had a fit Bynum and Ariza, he would have had no ring! But the cards were dealt and guess what: Kobe=5 pierce=1
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

still trolling I see

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Great point and I wasn't aware of that. Perhaps a Celtics fan might care to explain how all that 'unselfish play' gave rise to 1988-2007? Let me guess, the refs!

The untimely deaths of Reggie Lewis and Len Bias curtailed another dynasty in the making.Celts still have more titles than the Lakers, even counting the ones they won in Minneapolis when it was a segregated setshot league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo set the table and Pierce pulled up a chair....
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

And Pierce did the dishes while Rondo had a coke and a smile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to And then there was the Captain:
    [QUOTE]Seems all the talk is Rondo who rebounded and distributed well but it was the someone else that hit the big shots..   I guess all the Pierce haters can chew on this one as well.  As well as Rondo played  (other than shooting)  we lose without Mr Pierce taking care of Carmelo again.  Oh yea a big time three under pressure to tie the game and get us to overtime.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Pierce is still an extremely good player.  He could easily average 25 if that was where his head was at.

There hasn't been too much drop off in his game at all, and this year he is even averaging 5 dimes a game which is excellent for a 3.

Pierc

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to And then there was the Captain : Pierce is still an extremely good player.  He could easily average 25 if that was where his head was at. There hasn't been too much drop off in his game at all, and this year he is even averaging 5 dimes a game which is excellent for a 3. Pierce
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

PP  is also tied for #20 in assists per game.  One forward is ahead of him on the list,  his name is James. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to And then there was the Captain : Pleaseeeee!   Your boy Mr. Perfect blew two shots prior to this and was only given a reprieve because D'Antoni does not know how to coach!  D'Antoni gives the signal to foul and the C's lose!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Well mr mamba misses shots every game at the end.  Has shot his team out of games more than any player in history.  Doesn't have enough sense to stop shooting.  Any one that thinks KOME is clutch just needs to look at the stats. 1 assist in about 14 seasons.  Unreal - guess that why he is the ultimate ball hog. If the Fakers took a pole I bet every player wouldn't mind having such a ball hog play elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Pierce should thank his lucky stars cause had the Lakers had a fit Bynum and Ariza, he would have had no ring! But the cards were dealt and guess what: Kobe=5 pierce=1

Well give credit to KOME for one.  Shaq drug him along like a kid in a wagon for 3 seasons, then the prima donna thought he could do it himself-  hmmm- lotterybound. Then is lucks out and gets another big man at the top of his game and wins 2 more.  MVP the season against the Celtics  was as big a joke as KOME being on the all defensive teams.  Gasol was far and away the MVP of that series.  Just more of giving KOME everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Shaq also said this year that Bynum was the best big man in the league. Shaq is either a terrible evaluator of talent or he lies a lot. Don't ever take anything seriously that Shaq says.  
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Bynum, when healthy, IS the best Center in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

How many clutch shots have we seen Paul make?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Paul is an underrated player in this league.  He'll never get the Kobe/Lebron type of credit but he's carried this team offensively at times.  But, this year he has been very inconsistent and really looks slower at times.   

Great clutch player and the most important part of our offense in the 4th qtr, for sure.  I just hope he's now in good enough shape to be more consistent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Ariza played in the Finals that year.  And if Bynum didn't get hurt, you wouldn't have Gasol!!

NEXT!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Shaq also said this year that Bynum was the best big man in the league. Shaq is either a terrible evaluator of talent or he lies a lot. Don't ever take anything seriously that Shaq says.  
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

That's because he's feuding with Howard!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Pierce is the truth....when it comes down to one single solitary banner!
    KObe carried Shaq's jock the first three.  Shaq even said that he could have won just as easily with Pierce and this was in 2004.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If the Celtics had a Perk with no knee injury, the last game 7 would have been ours and Kobe would have one less ring.

If, If, If.....  If pigs could fly!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : If the Celtics had a Perk with no knee injury, the last game 7 would have been ours and Kobe would have one less ring. If, If, If.....  If pigs could fly!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his boo-tee." -Jimy Williams

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Quite a few think he is fat, out of shape, and OLD.  I have been saying for a long time if he was to take 20 or more shots a game he would average 25 pts a game.

Lets be real here, Pierce was awful for all of February.. he looked old fat and out of shape.... that said, he has had two really good games and looked like the Pierce we know.... this is how the Cs need him to play more consistently because I believe that as Pierce goes, so go the Cs...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Pierce made a couple of big shots down the stretch, props.  He also missed a couple and had one of his pathetic looking turnovers down the stretch as well.  

Rondo carried the team and Pierce hit a couple of big shots, but let's not get carried away about Pierce.  He's going to have some good games and some horrible games from here on out.  Rondo is the man of this team, and if they can get Josh Smith for Pierce or Ray, I say do it.  Pierce is on fumes for the rest of his career.  The way he defended Carmelo on the end of regulation miss was embarrassing and he's lucky Carmelo missed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : Lets be real here, Pierce was awful for all of February.. he looked old fat and out of shape.... that said, he has had two really good games and looked like the Pierce we know.... this is how the Cs need him to play more consistently because I believe that as Pierce goes, so go the Cs...
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Lets also be real HERE.  When Rondo was out PP was playing so bad that he was nearly AVERAGING a triple double and our team was winning each game.  So yes lets get real.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] Pierce made a couple of big shots down the stretch, props.  He also missed a couple and had one of his pathetic looking turnovers down the stretch as well.    Rondo carried the team and Pierce hit a couple of big shots, but let's not get carried away about Pierce.  He's going to have some good games and some horrible games from here on out.  Rondo is the man of this team, and if they can get Josh Smith for Pierce or Ray, I say do it.  Pierce is on fumes for the rest of his career.  The way he defended Carmelo on the end of regulation miss was embarrassing and he's lucky Carmelo missed.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

I guess 34 pts had nothing to do with the outcome.  Rondo did it all himself.  BTW check out Melos stats each time we  have played.  I thiink you may notice PP has outplayed him each time. Yea he is on fumes. Turnovers are all pathetic. Looks have nothing to do with them. He turns it over about the same rate as other scorers. He also creates offense for others. Just another hater. Have fun with it. BTW your one of the few nationally that doesn't think PP can play defense. Maybe you didn't know that most basketball minds around the NBA think Melo is the best pure offensive player in the league. He burns quite a few people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : I guess 34 pts had nothing to do with the outcome.  Rondo did it all himself.  BTW check o ut Melos stats each time we  have played.  I thiink you may notice PP has outplayed him each time. Yea he is on fumes. Turnovers are all pathetic. Looks have nothing to do with them. He turns it over about the same rate as other scorers. He also creates offense for others. Just another hater. Have fun with it. BTW your one of the few nationally that doesn't think PP can play defense. Maybe you didn't know that most basketball minds around the NBA think Melo is the best pure offensive player in the league. He burns quite a few people.

How come every one who doesn't love Pierce  as much as you do, has to be labeled a "Hater" I've never heard you call Fierce a hater for trashing every Celtic besides Pierce. Yes he has had 2 great games, but where was the "and then there was the Captain" posts when he was having about 8 terrible games in a row?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : So lets get this right. Pierce who doesn't think about personal numbers has managed to amass 1 solitary championship and never been voted an All Star starter but Kobe.... has managed to amass 5 NBA championships, a multitude of selections as an All Star starter. We won't even go into the times each has picked 1st all NBA team, btw Pierce has never had that honor, but hey, Pierce knows what it is to be a real Celtic?? Give me the guy who thinks about stats everytime then!
    do u think if kobe din't have shaq do u think he would win any??and who was the batman when kobe won those 3 championships?why nobody has given kobe a nickname like shaq gave the truth a nickname,. imean black mamba??the dude gave that name to himself right?he made that one u cuz nobody giving him any??And if PP had shaq with him in his prime they would have won 5 championship!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain :  How come every one who doesn't love Pierce  as much as you do, has to be labeled a "Hater" I've never heard you call Fierce a hater for trashing every Celtic besides Pierce. Yes he has had 2 great games, but where was the "and then there was the Captain" posts when he was having about 8 terrible games in a row?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Just when I thought I was going to start getting along with you again.  You can bet one thing if I had started this about Ray you would be joining right in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain :  How come every one who doesn't love Pierce  as much as you do, has to be labeled a "Hater" I've never heard you call Fierce a hater for trashing every Celtic besides Pierce. Yes he has had 2 great games, but where was the "and then there was the Captain" posts when he was having about 8 terrible games in a row?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

First off I  don't love Pierce.  I like him as a player, just like I do KG, Rondo, and yes Ray.  And yes there are haters just like there are Rondo haters.   I guess you just felt compelled since you are one of the haters.  Right?  I probably disagree with Fierce as much as anyone here.   Nice ending to your post BTW   "8 terrible games in a row"   If the shoe fits baby wear it. I guess you know where it can be stuck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain : I guess 34 pts had nothing to do with the outcome.  Rondo did it all himself.  BTW check o ut Melos stats each time we  have played.  I thiink you may notice PP has outplayed him each time. Yea he is on fumes. Turnovers are all pathetic. Looks have nothing to do with them. He turns it over about the same rate as other scorers. He also creates offense for others. Just another hater. Have fun with it. BTW your one of the few nationally that doesn't think PP can play defense. Maybe you didn't know that most basketball minds around the NBA think Melo is the best pure offensive player in the league. He burns quite a few people.

I'm a realist when it comes to Pierce, and you're a bit over protective.  That's fine, I respect that, it's Pierce.  He had a nice game and i didn't mean to rain on the exuberance some share over it.  But Rondo had something to do with Pierce's 34 points.  And really, Rondo's the captain of the team now, whether he has the C or not.  

Pierce has commited to defense since the arrival of Ray and KG however, lets not act like Pierce is a lockdown defender and has a reputation as being such throughout the league.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: And then there was the Captain :  I'm a realist when it comes to Pierce, and you're a bit over protective.  That's fine, I respect that, it's Pierce.  He had a nice game and i didn't mean to rain on the exuberance some share over it.  But Rondo had something to do with Pierce's 34 points.  And really, Rondo's the captain of the team now, whether he has the C or not.    Pierce has commited to defense since the arrival of Ray and KG however, lets not act like Pierce is a lockdown defender and has a reputation as being such throughout the league.      
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

I am also a realist with ALL the Celtics.  Pierce has his warts just like everyone else.  They are just not quite a big as some.   Not overprotective just seems like he takes a lot the heat especially when they lose and when he has a great game its just Rondo.  I have no problem with Rondo getting props,  lately he has been deserving of them, bigtime.  Melo is regarded as one of the top couple of offensive players in the league,  he has his way a lot. Actually it takes Rondo Pierce and KG for this team to win with Ray hitting some daggers. Without any of them we aren't going to do anything. With them there is always a chance.