and y cant PP, KG, BASS+JT lead the second and closing units?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

Re: and y cant PP, KG, BASS+JT lead the second and closing units?

1-they can retire,2-they could come off the bench(if willing and celts can afford contracts),3-go to another team,because as much as they have done for the celts pp,kg are just to old and we can't afford to start them anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

p.s.,celts need major upgrade at center and power forward position as kg played out of position this and last season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

u need a bench. u tellin me u can get better 20-25 minute guys than pierce and garnett? this could b the best bench in the HISTORY of the game! ab-rr-jg-sully-and a perk/a-jeff type or vecivic could start and play 35-40 minutes per night.

This wouldn't happen unless KG and Pierce were both being paying significantly less.  If KG had resigned for a few million and not what he is being paid then he could become part of the bench next season.  Not sure what will happen to Pierce next season but if he returned and the Celtics could also pay him significantly less that would give them additional cap space to improve the current roster.  Unfortunately, their is a salary cap in basketball and it does matter how much you pay players.  (Good example is Kobe who is being paid $30 million or at least that is what I read  on this board).   If their was no cap then it wouldn't matter what players were being paid.   Owners would be able to pay players what ever they wanted.  I could see a scenario where some owners would always have a great team since they would be willing to spend a significant amout more than other owners. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

like with ray, neither can play beyond 18-23 during the reg season. what elite team could either kg or pp start for? those days are over! about getting to reality!

Starting is not a big deal. Actually KG could start for almost every elite team. Miami, OKC, LAC (even if I'm not sure they are elite) just to name a few. Could he play major minutes for them? No, but he could not do that for a bad team either.

As soon as KG signed his last contract, the ship was sailed (or maybe even ealier with PP's last contract). It was marked price money, but we were not able to sign another player. Our only chance to extend the 3 year plan into year six. KG, Pierce and Ray should have signed for sth close to vet minium. If we had no injuries to key players and could have added an decent big, we would have a chance. As we had injuries anyway, and I'm not sure we could have found an impact big men, my conclusion is: There was no realistic chance for us to be a contender in this season. And as a contract cannot be renegotioated in the NBA, next year will be the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

like with ray, neither can play beyond 18-23 during the reg season. what elite team could either kg or pp start for? those days are over! about getting to reality!

Starting is not a big deal. Actually KG could start for almost every elite team. Miami, OKC, LAC (even if I'm not sure they are elite) just to name a few. Could he play major minutes for them? No, but he could not do that for a bad team either.

As soon as KG signed his last contract, the ship was sailed (or maybe even ealier with PP's last contract). It was marked price money, but we were not able to sign another player. Our only chance to extend the 3 year plan into year six. KG, Pierce and Ray should have signed for sth close to vet minium. If we had no injuries to key players and could have added an decent big, we would have a chance. As we had injuries anyway, and I'm not sure we could have found an impact big men, my conclusion is: There was no realistic chance for us to be a contender in this season. And as a contract cannot be renegotioated in the NBA, next year will be the same.

Definitely agree.  The only way the Celtics were going to remain competitive is if KG and Pierce both agreed to resign for a considerable amount less than they are earning. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

u need a bench. u tellin me u can get better 20-25 minute guys than pierce and garnett? this could b the best bench in the HISTORY of the game! ab-rr-jg-sully-and a perk/a-jeff type or vecivic could start and play 35-40 minutes per night.

Forget Perkins, they need a legit, two-way NBA center, but the rest is very okay with me.