Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : This isn't a hockey board! I'd rather talk about the Sparks multiple titles. That's a sport that requires real athletes. Lisa Leslie is the all time greatest.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

And you, FAKER, are one of the all time Idiots.  Lakers, Fakers = IDIOTS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMFAO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Who cares about the Bruins? It's not even a sport. The Los Angeles Sparks are more legitimate title winners than out of shape rednecks on skates slugging and hitting each other with sticks. It's more like wrestling or UFC fights.

Hence the nickname, FAKERS!!  You make bold predictions, then, when they don't happen, you leave them hanging like so many balloons on the ceiling of the Fabulous Forum..  Since that is in Inglewood, by the way, do those FAKERS championships even count?  They should have an asterik next to them, since they weren't even WON in LA.  So, you've now stolen 10 titles - nice job!

You are a troll and a coward, and you make the passive-aggressive Jimmy Jack (who won't even come on after a Heat loss), look like a stand up guy!!  It's very easy, just admit you were WRONG - otherwise your cred is dead, and I, personally, will treat you the way you trolls treat me - by bringing up things I said which never happened EVERY.....SINGLE.....TIME.....YOU.....POST!!

Avenge the lakers all you want - but you started this thread about the Bruins, the 2011 Stanley Cup Champs......COWARD!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Hence the nickname, FAKERS!!  You make bold predictions, then, when they don't happen, you leave them hanging like so many balloons on the ceiling of the Fabulous Forum..  Since that is in Inglewood, by the way, do those FAKERS championships even count?  They should have an asterik next to them, since they weren't even WON in LA.  So, you've now stolen 10 titles - nice job! You are a troll and a coward, and you make the passive-aggressive Jimmy Jack (who won't even come on after a Heat loss), look like a stand up guy!!  It's very easy, just admit you were WRONG - otherwise your cred is dead, and I, personally, will treat you the way you trolls treat me - by bringing up things I said which never happened EVERY.....SINGLE.....TIME.....YOU.....POST!! Avenge the lakers all you want - but you started this thread about the Bruins, the 2011 Stanley Cup Champs......COWARD!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Here's a prediction for you, and it's not even mine. Early Vegas betting is on Miami 1st and Lakers 2nd to win it all next year. The Boston Kotex are not even in the picture. They have already been deemed irrelevant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Here's a prediction for you, and it's not even mine. Early Vegas betting is on Miami 1st and Lakers 2nd to win it all next year. The Boston Kotex are not even in the picture. They have already been deemed irrelevant.

How about them Bruins, COWARD!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : How about them Bruins, COWARD!!

The UCLA Bruins are the all time most successful in any sport, pro or amateur, but what do they have to do with my last post?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : The UCLA Bruins are the all time most successful in any sport, pro or amateur, but what do they have to do with my last post?

Boston Bruins, 2011 Stanley Cup Champions

Prediction by lakersavenger - they will collapse in Game 7 while I'm drinking my scotch.

WRONG Coward - how about them Bruins??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : No A team blowing a 20+ point lead on their HOME COURT like our Lakers did in 2008 is a collapse. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

so was blowing a 13-point lead in game 7. There is no rule saying that winning game 4 == winning the series. You should know better than that after 2010...

But we all know what winning game 7 means...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Agreed right up until the last sentence.  Cheap shot artist Bynum would not have made ANY difference in the Finals that year, laker fan.  You were LUCKY to get Gasol after Bynum got hurt.  That trade wouldn't have happened otherwise! Nice try, Rico!

After we got Gasol, Bynum could have returned for the playoffs. He didn't, so who got lucky?

Headless/BirdandCoward, you just sold yourself out again...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : ________________________________________________ Collapse ? Blew a 13 point lead. How about a Tainted Tinsletown crowned Champion blowing a respectable shooting performance with 32% and it's star who walks on water, Kobe, shooting 6-24 or 25%. It was because of this we were ahead by 13pts but then the COLLAPSE and     BLOWING of any decency/fairness  by the referees awarded the Lakers 20 foul shots to 6 or +14 in the 4th qtr. enabling them to win by 4 pts. We wouldn't have had the 13pt lead as the total free throws for the game were 37-17 or + 20 but the Lakers shot another pretty miserable foul shooting % of 68% while we, unfortunately for the whole game only had 17...again, the Lakers had 20 just in the 4th qtr...and we got 15 or 88%. A COLLAPSE is what the Lakers did losing 0-4 to the MAVs & having home court advantage & 3 Big men allstars, Gasol, Bynum & Odom to only Dirk & also Kobe, the Avatar star, with numerous awards, and on paper no one on Dallas team as good.  Amen !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Well, talking about collapse, how about leading the series 3-2 two years in a row and went 0-2 both times?

In case you don't notice, a sweep is NOT a collapse but a total overmatched. In sports jargon, a collapse is the snatch-defeat-from-victory type like

- leading by 13 points in the 2nd half of game 7 and lost,
    - leading a series 3-2 and going home empty, TWO YEARS IN A ROW,
    - leading a series 3-0 and lost,
    - leading a conference championship game by 18 points and lost,
    - leading by 3 runs in the 8th inning of a game 7 and lost,

I mean, you folks are very familiar with the term "collapse", so don't play dumb by trying to equate it to a sweep. You should know a collapse is different from an overmatched match-up...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Well, talking about collapse, how about leading the series 3-2 two years in a row and went 0-2 both times? In case you don't notice, a sweep is NOT a collapse but a total overmatched. In sports jargon, a collapse is the snatch-defeat-from-victory type like - leading by 13 points in the 2nd half of game 7 and lost, - leading a series 3-2 and going home empty, TWO YEARS IN A ROW, - leading a series 3-0 and lost, - leading a conference championship game by 18 points and lost, - leading by 3 runs in the 8th inning of a game 7 and lost, I mean, you folks are very familiar with the term "collapse", so don't play dumb by trying to equate it to a sweep. You should know a collapse is different from an overmatched match-up...
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Can't you just see all these idiot faker fans sitting alone at home in front of the tv hoping the bruins don't win because they have nothing else to root for. You morons really need to get a life i know there's nothing going on out there but really sitting at home watching our hockey team win is priceless ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haCry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : After we got Gasol, Bynum could have returned for the playoffs. He didn't, so who got lucky? Headless/BirdandCoward, you just sold yourself out again...
    April 13, 2008:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/47393-will-bynum-return-for-lakers

Mystifyingly silent???  Sounds like KG in 2009.  They KNEW he wouldn't be back, and it wouldn't have mattered anyway!
    No Bynum injury= No Gasol trade.

Not going back on forth with you, as you will never change my mind.
    IGNORE!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : The UCLA Bruins are the all time most successful in any sport, pro or amateur, but what do they have to do with my last post?

Faker/Laker = A FRAUD!  LMFAO

HAHAHAQHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : April 13, 2008: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/47393-will-bynum-return-for-lakers Mystifyingly silent???  Sounds like KG in 2009.  They KNEW he wouldn't be back, and it wouldn't have mattered anyway! No Bynum injury= No Gasol trade. Not going back on forth with you, as you will never change my mind. IGNORE!!

I wonder why you always painted yourself into this corner. You know full well that the Lakers expected Bynum to return for the playoffs, i.e. traded for Gasol and expected both Bynum and Gasol to play together in the playoffs!!! I've shown you the links numerous times. Yet you still want to deceive yourself that no Bynum injury, no Gasol.

I mean, I have no interest to change your mind. I am only interested in pointing out YOUR wrong answer. If you stubbornly say 1+1=3, I then have no interest to change your thinking. You are not teachable. I just cross it as a wrong answer and give you no points. You fail the exam. It's that simple.

3/8/2008:

www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep8mar08,1,392106.story

Andrew Bynum's return from a knee injury might not be until close to the end of the regular season, Coach Phil Jackson suggested Friday. 

3/18/2008:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3300705

The Los Angeles Lakers have finally put a timetable on the return of Andrew Bynum: probably the first round of the playoffs.

4/4/2008:

http://basketball.realgm.com/news/wiretap/archive/2008/04/older/17

When asked if center Andrew Bynum may miss the rest of the regular season and then return for the playoffs, Laker Coach Phil Jackson said that it was a real possibility, the L.A. Times are reporting.

Bynum, however, was hopeful that he'll be able to see the court before the playoffs begin.

"At this point, I'm trying to get back a couple of games before [playoffs] just so I can get, like, a tune-up," he said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : I wonder why you always painted yourself into this corner. You know full well that the Lakers expected Bynum to return for the playoffs, i.e. traded for Gasol and expected both Bynum and Gasol to play together in the playoffs!!! I've shown you the links numerous times. Yet you still want to deceive yourself that no Bynum injury, no Gasol. I mean, I have no interest to change your mind. I am only interested in pointing out YOUR wrong answer. If you stubbornly say 1+1=3, I then have no interest to change your thinking. You are not teachable. I just cross it as a wrong answer and give you no points. You fail the exam. It's that simple. 3/8/2008: www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep8mar08,1,392106.story Andrew Bynum 's return from a knee injury might not be until close to the end of the regular season, Coach Phil Jackson suggested Friday.     3/18/2008: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3300705 T he Los Angeles Lakers have finally put a timetable on the return of Andrew Bynum: probably the first round of the playoffs.   4/4/2008: http://basketball.realgm.com/news/wiretap/archive/2008/04/older/17 When asked if center Andrew Bynum may miss the rest of the regular season and then return for the playoffs, Laker Coach Phil Jackson said that it was a real possibility, the L.A. Times are reporting. Bynum, however, was hopeful that he'll be able to see the court before the playoffs begin. "At this point, I'm trying to get back a couple of games before [playoffs] just so I can get, like, a tune-up," he said.    

BUT IF HE NEVER GOT HURT, THEY WOULDN'T MAKE THE TRADE.  Very simple!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : BUT IF HE NEVER GOT HURT, THEY WOULDN'T MAKE THE TRADE.  Very simple!! 

1) Not so, what's the Lakers' rationale of not pushing the button when presented a gift? Afterall, the Lakers were only sitting at Western Conference #5 at that time. There is absolutely no reason saying that "they wouldn't make the trade". The standings on 1/8/2008 (time of the injury, behind the Suns, Spurs, Hornets and Mavericks) and 2/1/2008 (time of the trade, behind the Hornets, Suns, Mavericks and Spurs) have been shown to you many times. Hiding your head in the sand won't save your misinformation.

2) Even after he got hurt and the trade happened, the Lakers still expected Bynum and Gasol to play together in the playoffs. So eventually he failed to recover in time, tough luck. The Celtics' luck was NOT about Bynum getting injured, but Bynum not being able to recover in time for the playoffs.

So, not going back and forth with me? Knowing that you have been repeatedly smarting when your misinformation got exposed, I know you can't resist. You have behaved like that for over 2 years...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

The Lakers were the better team in the 2010 NBA finals. 

What I can't understand is why the Lakers quit in 2011. The Lakers had Phil Jax, Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom, and Fish, so why did they quit?

It's one thing to be overmatched, like when the Celts couldn't overcome the loss of Perk in Game 7 last June, but the Lakers were loaded from PG to Center this season. The Lakers should have been in the finals this season IMO. Too bad they quit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers were the better team in the 2010 NBA finals.  What I can't understand is why the Lakers quit in 2011. The Lakers had Phil Jax, Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom, and Fish, so why did they quit? It's one thing to be overmatched, like when the Celts couldn't overcome the loss of Perk in Game 7 last June, but the Lakers were loaded from PG to Center this season. The Lakers should have been in the finals this season IMO. Too bad they quit.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]This is why BTW I think these trolls are coming around here weeks after the Lakers humiliated themselves in Game 4 versus the Mavs. They are beside themselves. Not only did the Lakers show NO heart in those 4 games, Bynum and Odom really embarrassed the franchise with their cheap shots so they could get off the court since Phil wouldn't pull them, probably because he pizzed they stopped playing 15 minutes earlier.

Deep down these guys know what we know. Just like we know are team is getting old, they know that Kobe's knees are starting to go and that Pau is a cream puff and that Bynum is slightly more durable than Greg Odom.

But unlike Boston fans, it is dark days in LA if the Lakers don't win. The only interesting things happening at Dodger Stadium is the McCourt divorce and thugs beating up Giants fans. There isn't a pro football team, the college football teams suk with USC on probation and UCLA just bad. A while the Kings are an up and coming young team my guess is these guys don't know an off-sides from their backsides.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers were the better team in the 2010 NBA finals.  What I can't understand is why the Lakers quit in 2011. The Lakers had Phil Jax, Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom, and Fish, so why did they quit? It's one thing to be overmatched, like when the Celts couldn't overcome the loss of Perk in Game 7 last June, but the Lakers were loaded from PG to Center this season. The Lakers should have been in the finals this season IMO. Too bad they quit.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Loaded from PG to Center? What a laugh!!!

How is the Lakers loaded at PG and outside shooting?

It's exactly that facet of the game that led to their demise, not to mention a complete overmatch at the 4 in the series.

Give me Stoj's 3-point shooting of the 2nd round (but not afterwards), JKidd and his backup Barea, then I'll agree that the Lakers are loaded. I can even concede the performance differential at the 4.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Tough to get old, as we know.  The exact same team that repeated, just got exposed all of a sudden.  Both teams need to re-tool.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Well, that means that Boston and L.A. have something in common, neither town has a football team since both ours teams left but kept their names.
    Actually, they have nothing in common.

Over here on the right coast, Boston teams have a large regional following.

For example, I live in Maine. Since we have no major professional teams, I root for the Sox, Celts, Bruins and Pats. Same for New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island, who with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts make up a region called New England.

Ever heard of New England?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, they have nothing in common. Over here on the right coast, Boston teams have a large regional following. For example, I live in Maine. Since we have no major professional teams, I root for the Sox, Celts, Bruins and Pats. Same for New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island, who with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts make up a region called New England. Ever heard of New England?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I agree!  It's like saying the 5 NBA titles won by the lakers in the 80's don't count becuase the lakers actually played in Inglewood!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, they have nothing in common. Over here on the right coast, Boston teams have a large regional following. For example, I live in Maine. Since we have no major professional teams, I root for the Sox, Celts, Bruins and Pats. Same for New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island, who with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts make up a region called New England. Ever heard of New England?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

But that's my point, they are physically in a different city than Boston, a different county than Boston and a have different regional name than Boston, so the Pats don't represent Boston any more than they represent any other city or state in New England proper. If anything, Foxbrough can claim the Pats since it's there where they play. And why did the franchise change it's name from Boston Patriots to New England Patriots?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : But that's my point, they are physically in a different city than Boston, a different county than Boston and a have different regional name than Boston, so the Pats don't represent Boston any more than they represent any other city or state in New England proper. If anything, Foxbrough can claim the Pats since it's there where they play. And why did the franchise change it's name from Boston Patriots to New England Patriots?

For the same reason it wasn't the Inglewood Lakers of Los Angeles in the 80's!!