Another poorly coached game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Another poorly coached game

How can we possibly win without a center? How can we possibly win with this coach? Please help me understand.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Another poorly coached game

He will be smarter next year

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to melwittss' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can we possibly win without a center? How can we possibly win with this coach? Please help me understand.

[/QUOTE]

The coach is fine,....the players SUCK,except for Sully...the rookies need time...the rest are gutless, talentless geeks...Green is useless....AB nees a new team...Rondo? you think hje won't have a meltdown as soon as he starts to play?...forget it...time to completely re-tool...it cannot come fast enough...LETS GO LOTTERY!!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Mel. The Coach will be fine and this team melts down when a Star Player is needed most. We have no "take the game over guy" on the Roster that can step up during scoring droughts and at the end of games. Hopefully that guy will come via the Draft or Danny can use some of those picks to get one via trade. Durant maybe?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Stevens is doing a good job coaching. 

He's having some trouble drawing up late game plays, the last two plays after timeouts in this game were ill-conceived disasters, but he'll get better at that. 

I don't agree with Stevens' philosophy of encouraging bigs like Sully to launch threes, but for now, that's a minor concern. But like I said I want to go to the lottery. 

As far as having better players next year, Bradley may well sign a long term contract so he can't be dismissed as temporary.

It's interesting what peeps take away from games. What I took away from this game is that Davis showed why you need a trip to the lottery in this league. Even poorly used by his own team, he was dominant in stretches and we had no answers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Improving as a team and winning games are not mutually exclusive in today's NBA, this team is not playing to win, they're playing to improve their roster.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Actually, pretty well coached, but very poorly played, as individual skills are also necessary to execute a game plan. 

The team kept turnovers down and had  few empty possessions. They rebounded well, except for a few critical moments, and played physically, the customary exception being Jeff Green.

The problem continues to be that this is a collection of limited skill, complementary players, not one of whom can create, produce, summon up, or in any way manufacture his own offense.

No, not even Crawford. He occasionally does it, but is mostly a study in wasted motion.

One look at Tyreke Evans last night, going wherever the heck he wanted to go says it all. All night he was like a hot knife through butter with a banked layup at the end. That weapon is at least one of the elements missing from this team, but the fact that no Celtic can even approach doing what he can do is revealing. There is not, nor has been for a while, a player like that on the roster.

For years it was left to the hands of Paul Pierce, but no backups were ever put in place. Green was thought to be the heir apparent, but it has since become even more fully apparent that Green has nearly NO ability to create a shot. His reputation is built on swooping slashes down an uncontested lane for a dunk, dunks in transition, and uncontested threes. Most of his highlight shots have been designed for him during timeouts.. Last night nearly all of his contested forays to the basket ended in a. offensive foul b. confusion  c. stumbles and flinches. He did draw free throws on one, but mostly the end up empty.

In any event, compared to the acrobatic, nose for the basket Evans, Jeff Green looks like a robot. And he is/was thought to be the shotmaker for the club.

It woud help a lot if the backup PG Pressey could shoot at all, but that's not happening. It would help if Bradley could create something other than a pull-up jumper, but we see over and over that he just can't do it. Lee's a straightline driver like Green.

Brooks is the only guy with that slippery, slithery game Evans showcased last night. I expect to see him on the floor a lot more because the team needs baskets made out of nothing. Crawford was producing them earlier in the year but no one else seems able to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

You don't make shots you don't win. Stevens has done his job by putting us in a spot to win games but our execution of late has been horrible. We could very well be 18-15 right now but we haxe just totally failed to run our offense down the stretch, wide open shots missed,put backs missed, unforced TOs, bad passing and just general ineptness. How many games do we see us get 4-5 stops in a row a make zero shots or get up by five  with five left play good D and lose by 2-5 pts because we can't hit an F'ing shot?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt if he will be smarter. The point being is he does not understand the importance and necessity of having a big man that gets rebounds, clogs the lane and blocks shots and even scores a little. Good grief play Faverani.......he is not that bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt if he will be smarter. The point being is he does not understand the importance and necessity of having a big man that gets rebounds, clogs the lane and blocks shots and even scores a little. Good grief play Faverani.......he is not that bad.

[/QUOTE]

I do agree that Faverani should be playing more. Maybe this is part of the tanking process or maybe they are playing Hump as much as possible to showcase him as trade bait? Stevens might not become "smarter" but he is sure to learn the NBA Game a bit more over these next 49 games.