Anthony Parker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tobes18. Show Tobes18's posts

Anthony Parker?

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/24951/celtics-join-bulls-in-anthony-parker-hunt

Celtics are in on Anthony Parker. Not sure if I like him though. What ya'll think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Anthony Parker?

This is going to sound crazy but I think the Cavs owner dislikes how things went down with LeBron so much that I think we could get someone from him to strengthen the C's to assure the Heat don't win. It may sound petty but that owner seems like he's taken this entire thing personal.

I like Parker. I like him even better in a buyout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

I actually like this guy. He can shoot and from what I can tell, has some versatility. What I can't quite figure out is why Ainge doesn't stop beating 'round the bush and simply go after his sister, Candace. She's the best player in the family. We had her husband (Sheldon Williams) last season; he can't play a lick, we know that. Now we're looking into acquiring her brother.

If you can't get Tony, Candace is clearly the next best Parker available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think the C's make any trades. I don't think they have too many assests, although I think Semih is one of them. Seems to me the C's wait for the trades/buyouts to happen, and then see what is available.
    Even if Daniels is lost for the year, what does Parker get for PT? 8-9 minutes a game? Semih is more valuable than that given the age/history of the O'neals

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

In Response to Re: Anthony Parker?:
    [QUOTE]This is going to sound crazy but I think the Cavs owner dislikes how things went down with LeBron so much that I think we could get someone from him to strengthen the C's to assure the Heat don't win. It may sound petty but that owner seems like he's taken this entire thing personal. I like Parker. I like him even better in a buyout.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    HAHA this would be absolutely genius by the cavs owner to ruin the heats chances in the playoffs...even tho they already have a disadvantage against us this would definitely be a good move by the cavs owner for the way lebron did them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

you start telling the truth rkarp---i like u

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think the C's make any trades. I don't think they have too many assests, although I think Semih is one of them. Seems to me the C's wait for the trades/buyouts to happen, and then see what is available. Even if Daniels is lost for the year, what does Parker get for PT? 8-9 minutes a game? Semih is more valuable than that given the age/history of the O'neals

Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Cavs want draft picks and a big.

Please, please, please, don't trade Semi.  I think he has true All Star potential that well be realized sooner rather than later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eferagne. Show eferagne's posts

No, they want a quality pick OR a promising big, not both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]No, they want a quality pick OR a promising big, not both.
    Posted by eferagne[/QUOTE]

Danny knows more than me, but a draft pick seems worth it. I mean, we are going to get a project out of the draft--A player like Bradley, the next few years anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think the C's make any trades. I don't think they have too many assests, although I think Semih is one of them. Seems to me the C's wait for the trades/buyouts to happen, and then see what is available. Even if Daniels is lost for the year, what does Parker get for PT? 8-9 minutes a game? Semih is more valuable than that given the age/history of the O'neals
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

It's not true that Parker will only get 8-9 minutes per game with the Cs. Simply not true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

He would get a minimum of 13 mins per game, with PP playing about 35.  At 32 mins for PP, that number jumps up to 16.  AND, he could spell RA if Wafer or Nate aren't playing well!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Mr. Parker can play. But I think Boston needs a board crasher more. The ? is, who are we willing to part with to get what the team needs. I would say no to Parker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Mr. Parker can play. But I think Boston needs a board crasher more. The ? is, who are we willing to part with to get what the team needs. I would say no to Parker.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

The #1 priority is finding a backup SF to replace Marquis Daniels. 

A board crasher is not a priority because Shaq will return soon, Erden will be back after the All-Star break, and JO will return in March. Those 3 plus Perk and Davis that's 5 players who can play Center.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Who do the Bulls have that they could offer Cleveland?  I think Parker would be a great addition, but just not sure at what cost.  Off the top of my head I can't think of what the Bulls could offer.  If it comes down to a 1st, then their 1st pick is better than Boston's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Parker? : The #1 priority is finding a backup SF to replace Marquis Daniels.  A board crasher is not a priority because Shaq will return soon, Erden will be back after the All-Star break, and JO will return in March. Those 3 plus Perk and Davis that's 5 players who can play Center.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Even with Shaq, board work is still a weakness.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Parker? : The #1 priority is finding a backup SF to replace Marquis Daniels.  A board crasher is not a priority because Shaq will return soon, Erden will be back after the All-Star break, and JO will return in March. Those 3 plus Perk and Davis that's 5 players who can play Center.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    But, I also agree that replacing Daniel's is paramount.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Parker is alright...Von Wafer is way better or at least has played way better as of lately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Parker? : He would get a minimum of 13 mins per game, with PP playing about 35.  At 32 mins for PP, that number jumps up to 16.  AND, he could spell RA if Wafer or Nate aren't playing well!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    Aplogies. I was referencing Parkers potential minutes in the playoffs.
    Personally, I think the reg season is already over for the C's. The remaining games are about getting healthy, building some cohesion for Shaq and Perk, along with getting West up to speed. It will also be interesting to see if with a full compliment of players, if Nate and Wafer can find (Nate) or expand (Wafer) roles. I am liking Wafer as the guy to replace Daniels, his offense is already better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Parker? : Aplogies. I was referencing Parkers potential minutes in the playoffs. Personally, I think the reg season is already over for the C's. The remaining games are about getting healthy, building some cohesion for Shaq and Perk, along with getting West up to speed. It will also be interesting to see if with a full compliment of players, if Nate and Wafer can find (Nate) or expand (Wafer) roles. I am liking Wafer as the guy to replace Daniels, his offense is already better.
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

And yet Doc says we need another "3".  Wow are you thick!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anthony Parker? : But, I also agree that replacing Daniel's is paramount.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Agree that another small forward is a very important signing for the Celtics.  Just not sure who they will have to give up to make this happen.