anyone else agrees that REGGIE was better than PIERCE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Re: anyone else agrees that REGGIE was better than PIERCE?

You can't compare the players.

I think Lewis if he survived may well have had similar accomplishments to Pierce. But it's a whole what if game.

The main quesiton I have. Did Lewis make his team 'better' by being there? That quesiton would have really been answered fully in the 93/94 season. McHale was a passenger for the most part in his last season. Lewis was the man and the team did very well. 

Could Lewis have lifted them into the NBA elite? Maybe. Reggie Miller did similar things with the Pacers and he didn't seem to have the complete game that Lewis did. 

Statistically Pierce does a lot more in his first 5 seasons. Including a couple of deep play off runs in average teams. 

Can't split them really. Different players though, and it's hard to compare a complete or near complete career to an incomplete one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE  ....as always, very well put.....!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

I've seen them both play. Both were/are terrific! Both played with mediocre teams, at least after the big three broke down in Reggie's case. Pierce carried this team to the ECF with just Antoine but it's close. There's a saying that potential can't but groceries so I have to go with the Truth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

not even close it is Pierce

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Reggie had more athletic potential

Pierce had more heart ;)

Seriously, the best stat is sports is games played. Sorry, but dying disqualifies you from being compared with great players with longevity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

You can't compare the players.

I think Lewis if he survived may well have had similar accomplishments to Pierce. But it's a whole what if game.

The main quesiton I have. Did Lewis make his team 'better' by being there? That quesiton would have really been answered fully in the 93/94 season. McHale was a passenger for the most part in his last season. Lewis was the man and the team did very well. 

Could Lewis have lifted them into the NBA elite? Maybe. Reggie Miller did similar things with the Pacers and he didn't seem to have the complete game that Lewis did. 

Statistically Pierce does a lot more in his first 5 seasons. Including a couple of deep play off runs in average teams. 

Can't split them really. Different players though, and it's hard to compare a complete or near complete career to an incomplete one.

The real power of that Indiana team was in their front court.  Smits, davis and davis were the real guys.  Shremph was on that team too right?  Was person still?  I always thought miller was just the icing on the cake.  He added the pizzaz. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

No, idk how anyone could agree with that. PP hands down best celtic of the past 20 years.