Anyone else kinda glad to see Ray lose his 3 pointers record?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Anyone else kinda glad to see Ray lose his 3 pointers record?

Ray going to Miami was his way of telling Danny Ainge to go to h*ll. Look Danny Ainge robbed this team of it's talent (after winning the Finals) by refusing to sign key players (Posey, Tony Allen), he made poor draft picks and picked up horrible free agents. Ainge also kept reminding his future HOF's that they were expendable, trade pieces that meant nothing to him. If he had signed with OKC or anybody other than Miami or the Lakers, Celtic fans would be applauding him. I for one can't stand Miami and I'll root for anyone that plays against them. I can't stand Ray Allen for the simple fact that he is a member of the Miami Heat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"RayRay is a well-earned future 1st ballot HOFer. Danny Green is not."

True. 

Ray also choked it up in a Celtics uniform more than once in the Finals, the 0-13 game in 2010 against the Lakers was a rough one that likely helped to cost us a ring that year. 

I know you're a Ray Allen apologist still clutching to the idiotic idea that Ray left to get away from Rondo not to play with Lebron James, so you can only see certain facts and not others....

Fact is Ray has many great stats and records to his name. 

He no longer has a three point record for the NBA finals, and that's ok. Green earned it with his play. 

Doesn't hurt Ray's largely positive, but far from perfect, legacy one bit. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

RayRay hit a huge shot last night to send the game into overtime. A classic corner 3 with seconds remaining.

Not bad for a washed up old geezer who just saved LBJ's legacy, at least for the time being... and earned his keep for the season with that one clutch shot.

Anyone else happy that "traitor" RA still has a little something left in his tank?

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wheres Fierce and all his anti Ray nonsense? There are better players around but not too many when a clutch, all the pressure is on 3ball is needed. He also hit clutch FTs and made the game winning defensive play.

Rays legend grew last night as has the Fungus legend of rarely knowing what hes talking about

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Wheres Fierce and all his anti Ray nonsense? There are better players around but not too many when a clutch, all the pressure is on 3ball is needed. He also hit clutch FTs and made the game winning defensive play.

Rays legend grew last night as has the Fungus legend of rarely knowing what hes talking about

You know damn well that if RA missed that corner 3, FUNGUS would ahve been all over BDC like stink on zhyte proclaiming vindication/validation for  his anti-Ray diatribes.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

I know he got it in 2008, but his 0-8 in game 3 of the 2010 finals was the first of a series of bad breaks that cost us #18.

Sure, Artest gave him a dirty charliehorse that killed his rhythm, but 0-8?? He was 0-2 in the last 3:17 seconds when both times the C's had crazy momentum, the crowd was ready to explode (I know, I was there) and the team was down 4. If ONE of those 3's goes in it was enough in my opinion to propel the team to victory, banner 18 and for Ray, maybe an finals MVP and place in the rafters.

Instead Ray choked, LA was gifted a title over the next 4 games, and then Ray turned traitor.

Way to go Danny Green!!!

the 2010 finals seems so long ago and I could care less any more.   I thought Ray did enough that he got a pass for 0 for 8.

I think the reason we lost that season was more due to Perkins being traded and Danny thinking a fat over weight Shaq who had not played in months, would play as well as Perkins.

Ray was not the problem that season.

You're talking about 2011

Ray went 0-8 at home in when 2-8 would have won us game 3 and likely the series. He missed two 3's alone in the last 3 mins when the C's were down 4 and just needed the jolt of one of those going in to blow past LA at the end of a hard fight, but both didn't fall.

Perkins was hurt in game 6 of that series. It never would have gone that far if Ray went even 2-8 and not 0-8.

10. This post has been removed.