Anyone else nostalgic for some players we unloadeded in past 2-3 years ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Anyone else nostalgic for some players we unloadeded in past 2-3 years ???

Wonder what we would have done the past two 1/2 seasons, 2011, 2012 & now 2013 had we just kept Perkins, Ray Allen, Tony Allen, Eddie House, Big Baby, Leon Powe, Nate Robinson and maybe some others I can't think of right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Anyone else nostalgic for some players we unloadeded in past 2-3 years ???

Yes, its amazing how many fans hated some of these guys and now realize that these guys had heart and played VERY tough D or could hit critical shots better than Terry, Green, and Bass.  In particular, I miss BBD, Perk (who wasn't much other than a rebounder and defender), and Ray (who seemed to always hit critical shots even when he wasn't shooting well over all).  Tony Allen played "in your face" D, as well.

But, time goes on.  Time to deal with the guys we have.  I still have hopes for everyone on the team other than Terry and Bass - I have given up on those two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

a lot of people thought the signing of Jason Terry was the second coming of Ray Allen. Jason Terry was good back in the day and i can remember him killing the Celtics when he played with the Hawks and Mavs. Those days are over. What I would like to see is Sullinger starting and getting more minutes. I know he'll be schooled by some the veterans out there but how else do you learn. Bass has become a waist of roster space and it will be hard to get rid of that contract he signed. I still think the jury is still out on Green.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

a lot of people thought the signing of Jason Terry was the second coming of Ray Allen. Jason Terry was good back in the day and i can remember him killing the Celtics when he played with the Hawks and Mavs. Those days are over. What I would like to see is Sullinger starting and getting more minutes. I know he'll be schooled by some the veterans out there but how else do you learn. Bass has become a waist of roster space and it will be hard to get rid of that contract he signed. I still think the jury is still out on Green.

agreed on all the above.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Except that a lot of that wasn't in our hands.  Ray left on his own.  TA didn't even give us a chance to beat Memphis' offer.  Powe was injured.  House lost his shot. BBD did what he did really well, but wasn't showing any signs of growing up.  Nate never did much off our bench with any consistency.  Posey was never the same in NO. Perk wasn't going to re-sign with us, and we needed a sub for PP.  Yes, I missed how they played for us (mostly) but those days are over (mostly).  The grass is always greener . . .   :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Wonder what we would have done the past two 1/2 seasons, 2011, 2012 & now 2013 had we just kept Perkins, Ray Allen, Tony Allen, Eddie House, Big Baby, Leon Powe, Nate Robinson and maybe some others I can't think of right now.

House and Powe haven't been in the NBA for two years. Perkins is way overpaid and is averagiing 4 points and 6 boards in 25 minutes a game.

Robinson, big baby and Ray are okay. tony allen is good.

None of these guys would chang anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Yes, its amazing how many fans hated some of these guys and now realize that these guys had heart and played VERY tough D or could hit critical shots better than Terry, Green, and Bass.  In particular, I miss BBD, Perk (who wasn't much other than a rebounder and defender), and Ray (who seemed to always hit critical shots even when he wasn't shooting well over all).  Tony Allen played "in your face" D, as well.

But, time goes on.  Time to deal with the guys we have.  I still have hopes for everyone on the team other than Terry and Bass - I have given up on those two.

i miss: davis, eddie house, the jettisoning of nate robinson was senseless too.  i kept saying at the time how LARGE of a mistake it was trading davis for bass- all for ostensibly ZERO financial gain and then to watch bass' game crumble from a mirage into a disaster while davis has moved on and improved his game- limited game that it is- but once he went away so did our help D.

eddie house should have not been traded but once we got nate for him, WHY do you trade a scoring spark plug like that who can also be a ham and egger point?  answer: because doc had personality issues with him.  so what we have here is a failure of glenn doc rivers to put his personal agenda aside for the betterment of the team in the jettisoning of davis and robinson in favor of bland-done blass and what has eventually become terry. 

meanwhile look at robinson- he's still working for peasant pay, and happily at that, and playing a big role for chicago.  sure he's a little immature, as davis was, but sometimes your energy guys come like that.

i do miss the bang and smash of perkins too.  he was tough.  i could have taken a pass on some of the excessive fake toughness he like to dabble with and at 7 million or whatever he thought he was due, he just was not worth it.  the problem is we've yet to find the next low skill smasher to fulfill that role- they ARE out there!

but all of you alleged boston fans who hated davis because he was "fat" and loved the immortal brandon bass because he was a "great athlete"- you couldn't be any less shallow and see beyond what the person with the not-pretty wrapper did for the team.  what a shame.  and in all fairness to bass, this year he has gotten short shrifted by doc, along with ALL of the other relatively new talent on the team save for the big- wilcox and collins who are what they are.

well, maybe you live and learn.  but probably not.  our culture has become sugar coat obsessed.  a guy like loscutoff these days would be called and ogre and people would demand he be traded away just for something better to look at.  shallow.  dumb.  the new normal.  and for doc rivers- he must also feel GOOD at all times too- nobody that violates his personality code- and, as such, you forfeit cheap players who are hard workers and for all the BS that was dished against them, they really didn't cause that many troubles did they?  no, they didn't- nate and davis were hard workers who would saw their own arm off trying to win a game for us. 

I can't say that for anyone on the celts roster right now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and i forgot- one of my favorite hustle guys ever- tony allen- he did miracles for us against labron for a guy who is 6-4- he could have been your PIERCE (relevance) PRESERVATIVE, and we let him walk over nothing but the desire to show him that he clearly was not wanted.  the bugs have been largely worked out of tony injury wise and he has been an important cog in the grizzlies, a young and plucky and arguably over-achieving team

the last names i would add to the "feeling nostalgic for some" PEOPLE we unloaded the last 2-3 years are 1) the guy who should have been the NEXT COACH- THIBODEAU.  doc was the KC jones (stretching it, i know) of the 2000's and not fit to coach an aging team, and thibodeau was clearly the proper choice to be head coach. and, 2) CLIFFORD RAY- who, like tony allen, we just dumped clifford in a swamp when he needed a little time off for foot surgery over ONE SUMMER.  clifford really wanted to work for us and we just dumped him.  shallow, inane, senseless and we did it.  and our big men have never rebounded poorer and had worse fundamentals than since he's been gone

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The only one I miss is Kendrick Perkins...still follow him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

i miss: davis, eddie house, the jettisoning of nate robinson was senseless too.  i kept saying at the time how LARGE of a mistake it was trading davis for bass- all for ostensibly ZERO financial gain and then to watch bass' game crumble from a mirage into a disaster while davis has moved on and improved his game- limited game that it is- but once he went away so did our help D.

eddie house should have not been traded but once we got nate for him, WHY do you trade a scoring spark plug like that who can also be a ham and egger point?  answer: because doc had personality issues with him.  so what we have here is a failure of glenn doc rivers to put his personal agenda aside for the betterment of the team in the jettisoning of davis and robinson in favor of bland-done blass and what has eventually become terry. 

meanwhile look at robinson- he's still working for peasant pay, and happily at that, and playing a big role for chicago.  sure he's a little immature, as davis was, but sometimes your energy guys come like that.

i do miss the bang and smash of perkins too.  he was tough.  i could have taken a pass on some of the excessive fake toughness he like to dabble with and at 7 million or whatever he thought he was due, he just was not worth it.  the problem is we've yet to find the next low skill smasher to fulfill that role- they ARE out there!

but all of you alleged boston fans who hated davis because he was "fat" and loved the immortal brandon bass because he was a "great athlete"- you couldn't be any less shallow and see beyond what the person with the not-pretty wrapper did for the team.  what a shame.  and in all fairness to bass, this year he has gotten short shrifted by doc, along with ALL of the other relatively new talent on the team save for the big- wilcox and collins who are what they are.

well, maybe you live and learn.  but probably not.  our culture has become sugar coat obsessed.  a guy like loscutoff these days would be called and ogre and people would demand he be traded away just for something better to look at.  shallow.  dumb.  the new normal.  and for doc rivers- he must also feel GOOD at all times too- nobody that violates his personality code- and, as such, you forfeit cheap players who are hard workers and for all the BS that was dished against them, they really didn't cause that many troubles did they?  no, they didn't- nate and davis were hard workers who would saw their own arm off trying to win a game for us. 

I can't say that for anyone on the celts roster right now

Big ups for the Loscutoff reference.

I keep saying though, yes it seems to have turned out that Davis is better than Bass.  Does that mean that Davis on this current team instead of Bass means that the Celtic are much better?

Of course not.