Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4???

I know this is a Celtic forum but I’m so disgusted with our team I get a small satisfaction if Lakers lose. They were predicted to play 4 games in 6 nights with 2 consecutively now & were , the old team, not going to hold up.

I made a separate discussion yesterday entiltled “Lakers are not toast “---it got a mere 5-6 responses.  I have said this before in many posts, when a team has the best Big Man duo in the game, Bynum & Gasol, they will most always be competitive unless a team shoots 60-65% and end up 53% as OKC did in game 1.  We need shoot 45-50% at least as we are last in the league in rebounding while LA usually gets 10+ more rebs so they can shoot 35-45% & still win. Amazing too, this Jordan Hill along with Bynum & Gasol is picking up double digit rebs( while we have Hollins & Stiemsma to relieve KG ---UGH!!!)Be honest with you, I think the Lakers would sweep Philly & would have beaten Atlanta too easily as they’d outrebound them by 10-15 each game.  In Game # 2 they adjusted well, won the rebound battle, were up by 7 with 2min to go and lost.  A heartbreak lost, perhaps, but this team has shown some heart in Staples.

Last night they outrebounded 44-37 so had 7 extra chances and Bynum & Gasol got 11 reb each & contributed 27 pts mostly under the basket. Tonight they are winning the rebound battle again at only half time 24-14, I mean that’s 10 extra possessions.  Hell yes, as a Celtic fan I’m jealous and have been for 3-4 years. I don’t know if OKC will come back…hope so, but if Lakers had won that game they lost by 2 pts , they’d be up 3-1 if they win tonight and favorites, I believe.  It seems they’ve figured out how to defend OKC.

And, as I don’t have complete confidence that we can win 2 out of 3 vs. Philly…I mean if we get up by 18 pts in Game 5 should I feel comfortable or will I need +25 to breath better?  So, I’m not sure that LA can’t win one in OKC land & then another on their court.

We can’t do anything about our weak rebounding situation now but hope we shoot 5-10% better than our opponents and play better “D” and cause some turnovers for extra possessions but next year our biggest need is to draft one, no 2, biggies, 6-11 and 7 ft, and also try to get Hibbert from Indy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4???

OKC up 3-1....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Now close it out, in 5.....OKC...I do have to give the Lakers some credit, they fought hard these last two games...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The only people on this board who give a rat's *ss about the lakers are the laker trolls. Nobody really cares how they do. We don't have that obsession with the "other team" like they do about Boston. As for me, I really could care less with how they do (though I am glad they lost again only to rub it in the faces of those laker trolls!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If I didn't have big "Cojones", I'd delete my post.. but I did say I hope OKC would win.

WHEW, I say !!!

Reb diff not that bad...43-39 so only + 4 for LA. But OKC, down 13 pts...how's it feel Lakers as you guys came back to beat us in Game 7 when we had a 13 pt lead---but OKC shooting 67% in 4th to 32% and overall 49% to 43% helped overcome LA points in paint advantage 48-34. Hope this game is the dagger & LA does not recover to win in Oklahoma. Of course, we didn't shoot at crunch time in 4th qtr in Game 7 and OKC didn't have to try to overcome 21-5 LA foul shot gifts in the 4th!!! Still pissed about that loss !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I just want the Celtics to win, to h*ll with anybody else.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4???:
    [QUOTE]The only people on this board who give a rat's *ss about the lakers are the laker trolls. Nobody really cares how they do. We don't have that obsession with the "other team" like they do about Boston. As for me, I really could care less with how they do (though I am glad they lost again only to rub it in the faces of those laker trolls!)
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

And Your comment:
    "I just want the Celtics to win, to h*ll with anybody else. "
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen Clint...I am a Celtic fan since Cousy/Sharman days so not a Laker troll. I said,as you said, I get a satisfaction when they lose(Yankees too) so don't know if you "Can Make Our Day" by saying no one gives a rat's butt how they do !

Thank You Ortiz for your remark because, although a Celtic fan, I am an NBA fan too, and I agree with "I do have to give the Lakers some credit, they fought hard these last two games." Actually, the last 3 games except for final 2 min when they blew the 7 pt lead in game #2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Sorry Marine, I realized my mistake shortly after I hit enter.  I shoulda worded my post differently. Either way though, we all knew that the Lakers would get elimianted by the second round. Boston however has a legitimate shot of making it to the finals. Two to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Considering the carnage that was unleashed in game one I have been impressed that we've played competitive basketball in last three games. However it does hurt a bit being down 3-1.

Chances to win game 3 and 4 and blew it. At least it's a better performance than what we dished out against Dallas last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Marine, I realized my mistake shortly after I hit enter.  I shoulda worded my post differently. Either way though, we all knew that the Lakers would get elimianted by the second round. Boston however has a legitimate shot of making it to the finals. Two to go.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your apology. By the way, living in SF we've gone to Carmel and about 20 years ago would drink in the Hog's Breath but Clint sold it; however, we do stay at the Carmel Mission Ranch always. I've had drinks with Clint at the bar as a good friend was his ski instructor. The place is very busy during the Pebble Beach Celebrity Golf tournament & also at Christmas with celebrities around the piano bar singing Xmas carols & the Catholics walk to the historic Mission San Carlos Baromeo for midnight Mass.  This Mission Ranch was going to be developed for Condos but when Clint was Mayor he bought it and restored it keeping its ranch style. It's a must see if you are in Carmel/Monterrey and Clint is there alot and a very friendly guy...he'll make your day talking to you !!! 

http://www.missionranchcarmel.com/

Sorry I got off basketball but you must be a Clint Eastwood fan & thought you'd enjoy the above if you didn't know already.

I do like your confidence that we'll be in the finals but I'm still disgusted with the last loss because our team needs some time off & not a 7 game series to put the nail in their coffin !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  know this is a Celtic forum but I’m so disgusted with our team"

Why are you disgusted? Our team is old and playing, I would argue, better than their accumulated years. Halfway through the season many had them out of the playoffs. They played their way into a four seed and are in a lot better shape than the Lakers right now. 

havingt said that, it's great to see the Lakers lose, especially when Kobe does hero ball and doesn't accept he needs to feed Bynum and Gasol to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Off basketball. Clint Eastwood is the greatest American Director of all time. Always get something out of his films. Don't think I'll ever watch Changeling again though, horrific film.

Mandabello, you're so lucky to have had drinks with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4??? : Let me say that I don't like Kobe---especially since the rape incident and also getting a ring 2 years ago when he shot 6/24 or 25% and was finals MVP...he'd been a goat had they lost. I also commented in another post that Blake got death threats to him and his family missing the shot when they lost game 2 and many thougth Kobe should have taken the shot. Hmmm??? Would he have gotten death threats had he missed it ??? Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Blake made for a more acceptable scapegoat for the loss. Said it yesterday, a loss may well come down to a shot. But plenty of guys miss shots during games if two or more shots had been made it wouldn't be that sort of situation.

People who made death threats towards him and his family ought to be charged and arrested. Disgraceful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]"  know this is a Celtic forum but I’m so disgusted with our team" Why are you disgusted? Our team is old and playing, I would argue, better than their accumulated years. Halfway through the season many had them out of the playoffs. They played their way into a four seed and are in a lot better shape than the Lakers right now.  havingt said that, it's great to see the Lakers lose, especially when Kobe does hero ball and doesn't accept he needs to feed Bynum and Gasol to win.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Let me say that I don't like Kobe---especially since the rape incident and also getting a ring 2 years ago when he shot 6/24 or 25% and was finals MVP...he'd been a goat had they lost. I also commented in another post that Blake got death threats to him and his family missing the shot when they lost game 2 and many thought Kobe should have taken the shot. Hmmm??? Would he have gotten death threats had he missed it ???

Anyway, as a basketball fan, yup Kobe is old...it happens to us all as I'm a spetuagenarian...but he's the best since MJ, I think. Last 2 games he scored 36pts, yup with help of 1/2 from 18/18 foul shots & tonight he scored 38pts and got 14/17 foul shots. Many of the fouls are from players just breathing on him but many too are because he drives to the basket. Only Rondo does on our team. Kobe definitely played better than PP in our game #4.

The Lakers, and I hate them too(Yankees too) played very competitively past 3 games and I'm happy they only won 1 out of 3 and I want them out of the playoffs. If we faced them in the finals & with them having Game 7 and Bynum & Gasol always having good games against us, I would not be tremendously confident we'd win so I want them gone !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

And Bryant can do no wrong in the eyes of a lot of Laker fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

That's not true about the posts here regarding Kobe. Anyone that visits Laker boards reads a lot of criticism of Kobe. L.A. fans know the game, know it requires a team effort and know the strengths and liabilities of Bryant. He makes the game harder on himself and his teammates.

I appreciate what the Lakers have given L.A. fans in the 2000s. Watching the Spurs this season, I believe that they may win another title.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

[QUOTE]That's not true about the posts here regarding Kobe. Anyone that visits Laker boards reads a lot of criticism of Kobe. L.A. fans know the game, know it requires a team effort and know the strengths and liabilities of Bryant. He makes the game harder on himself and his teammates. I appreciate what the Lakers have given L.A. fans in the 2000s. Watching the Spurs this season, I believe that they may win another title.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Just a bit tunnel visioned I guess when it comes to the crowd who believe that he can do wrong no matter what.

Spurs do look incredible. If they match up with OKC it'll be an interesting match up. Hopefully Duncan and company will win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Off basketball. Clint Eastwood is the greatest American Director of all time. Always get something out of his films. Don't think I'll ever watch Changeling again though, horrific film. Mandabello, you're so lucky to have had drinks with him.
    Posted by Skins and Heart[/QUOTE]

that whole euthanasia ditty from million dollar baby...........  what a dumasse way to end a movie, i took it out of the player and threw it in the trash.  another CINO- Catholic In Name Only...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4??? : that whole euthanasia ditty from million dollar baby...........  what a dumasse way to end a movie, i took it out of the player and threw it in the trash.  another CINO- Catholic In Name Only...
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

If Frankie had been a real Catholic, he would have asked the local padre to sprinkle some holy water on Maggie.

That way, quadriplegic Maggie would have been cured and we would have had a happy ending.

Isn't that how life really is?

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4??? : If Frankie had been a real Catholic, he would have asked the local padre to sprinkle some holy water on Maggie. That way, quadriplegic Maggie would have been cured and we would have had a happy ending. Isn't that how life really is? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Barney ain't shootin blanks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4??? : If Frankie had been a real Catholic, he would have asked the local padre to sprinkle some holy water on Maggie. That way, quadriplegic Maggie would have been cured and we would have had a happy ending. Isn't that how life really is? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I doubt you would know what a "real Catholic" is

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else watching Lakers Game # 4??? : Thank you for your apology. By the way, living in SF we've gone to Carmel and about 20 years ago would drink in the Hog's Breath but Clint sold it; however, we do stay at the Carmel Mission Ranch always. I've had drinks with Clint at the bar as a good friend was his ski instructor. The place is very busy during the Pebble Beach Celebrity Golf tournament & also at Christmas with celebrities around the piano bar singing Xmas carols & the Catholics walk to the historic Mission San Carlos Baromeo for midnight Mass.  This Mission Ranch was going to be developed for Condos but when Clint was Mayor he bought it and restored it keeping its ranch style. It's a must see if you are in Carmel/Monterrey and Clint is there alot and a very friendly guy...he'll make your day talking to you !!!  http://www.missionranchcarmel.com/ Sorry I got off basketball but you must be a Clint Eastwood fan & thought you'd enjoy the above if you didn't know already. I do like your confidence that we'll be in the finals but I'm still disgusted with the last loss because our team needs some time off & not a 7 game series to put the nail in their coffin !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the story, Marine. You are fortunate to have been able to drink a few with the man. Great actor/director. I saw "High Plains Drifter" as a kid and I was hooked. I have considered visiting California for a while (I have family in the Bay Area and near LA). When I go I'll make sure to go there. As for the Celtics, two guys that I thought would have an impact were Marquis Daniels and Pavlovic. I thought this because of the injuries and ineffective play of Bradley and Pietrus. I am shocked that they haven't gotten any playing time.