Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25264/cavaliers-interested-in-gerald-wallace

But would he be willing to play 20-30 minutes a game off the bench instead?  I have to think that he'd prefer playing significant time off the bench for a winner than going to Cleveland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM)

He is ideal: young, athletic, and a lockdown defender who could wear out LeBron and Kobe

Gerald Wallace, Mikhail Pietrus, and Shane Battier are my favorites

As for who to trade, I think a promising young center like Semih Erden who won't crack the lineup while the Celtics are still contending would be nice trade bate because center is the toughest position in the league to fill.  Then you try to convince them to take on Jermaine O'Neal's contract, perhaps in exchange for a pick and cash.  I'd only give up Nate in the right deal, especially if the other team bought him out so he could boomerang.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available

and Stephen Jackson

in fact, add Stephen Jackson to my list of guys who would be interesting on the Celtics if only to watch him get into a fight with Ron Artest

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd trade Nate, Marquis, Avery, Semih and a 1st rd pick for Wallace

that moves gives Charlotte 3 solid young assets. We know Semih could be their backup Center next year. We can assume Avery would be their backup PG next year and for awhile, with the chance of blowing up into a starter by '13/'14, when he is just 22-23.

But 2 guys they'd have to wait 1-3 years for to possibly become starters and one of the 5 worst picks in the draft might not be enough to pry him away.

The move does save CHA them some $ though.

Nate - 4.5
    Avery - 1.5
    1st rd pick - 1.1
    Semih - .8

That is almost 8 million in '12 while Wallace makes 10.6 million with a player option at 11.4 in '13.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wyc might not want to pay that though.

Wallace is going to cost and extra million this year w/ the tax. He's going going to cost 4 million more next year than Nate/Avery/Semih.

If it is about not getting someone for a lack of talent other teams desire, I would 100% understand. if it is about not gettign someone b/c Wyc won't pay an extra 5-8 million, I'd be furious.

We will have owed Nate/Avery/Semih 7 million in 2012 and I'd have assumed used the 5 million MLE on a backup SF to upgrade on Daniels. Wallace makes us not need to do that.

The option shouldn't matter a lick in '13 as we'd have 40 million off the books. It is all about winning NOW.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available:
    [QUOTE]Wyc might not want to pay that though. Wallace is going to cost and extra million this year w/ the tax. He's going going to cost 4 million more next year than Nate/Avery/Semih. If it is about not getting someone for a lack of talent other teams desire, I would 100% understand. if it is about not gettign someone b/c Wyc won't pay an extra 5-8 million, I'd be furious. We will have owed Nate/Avery/Semih 7 million in 2012 and I'd have assumed used the 5 million MLE on a backup SF to upgrade on Daniels. Wallace makes us not need to do that. The option shouldn't matter a lick in '13 as we'd have 40 million off the books. It is all about winning NOW.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Wyc knows their window is small.  He will pay for championships RIGHT NOW becuase in two or three years Garnett, Pierce, and maybe Ray Allen will all be gone and he'll be well below the cap

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Really not to be dismissive but don't you think the market for Gerald Wallace will bring more than the package you suggest.  Here is all our junk Carolina for your best player thank you. C'mon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]I'd trade Nate, Marquis, Avery, Semih and a 1st rd pick for Wallace that moves gives Charlotte 3 solid young assets. We know Semih could be their backup Center next year. We can assume Avery would be their backup PG next year and for awhile, with the chance of blowing up into a starter by '13/'14, when he is just 22-23. But 2 guys they'd have to wait 1-3 years for to possibly become starters and one of the 5 worst picks in the draft might not be enough to pry him away. The move does save CHA them some $ though. Nate - 4.5 Avery - 1.5 1st rd pick - 1.1 Semih - .8 That is almost 8 million in '12 while Wallace makes 10.6 million with a player option at 11.4 in '13.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Please leave SE alone, i.e. in green. He may end up as a backup 5: there's a chance that O'Neals will be sitting in the playoffs. I doubt that DA and Doc will risk it.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sinus,
    Did you watch Semih last night?  If Shaq's sits we may not win anything this year?  Semih isn't making a difference in playoffs let me assure you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available : Wyc knows their window is small.  He will pay for championships RIGHT NOW becuase in two or three years Garnett, Pierce, and maybe Ray Allen will all be gone and he'll be well below the cap
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

you and I can't be 100% sure of this.

the rumors are that we have balked on all recent trade talk that requires us taking on money

I know wyc has used his full MLE in recent years, but he has also said we need to make it to the 2nd rd of the playoffs just for him to break even each season... sounds like he doesn't make much off a club with an 80 million payroll

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available : Hi, Please leave SE alone, i.e. in green. He may end up as a backup 5: there's a chance that O'Neals will be sitting in the playoffs. I doubt that DA and Doc will risk it. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

Semih is not worth moving for some minor guy... but Wallace is a stud defender of SF's and a starter who would be our 6th man here and give serious rest to Ray and PP

It is more than worth it.

If both O'Neals are out for the playoffs then you give Baby 16 mins @ C and Wallace 8 mins @ PF.

You don't play Erden @ bu C over Wallace at the 4 and thats a fact. Semih is a nice 2nd round find who could be a solid bu C after the 2012 window to win, but you have to trade him now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Really not to be dismissive but don't you think the market for Gerald Wallace will bring more than the package you suggest.  Here is all our junk Carolina for your best player thank you. C'mon.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

semih, a 1st rd pick and  Avery is not junk, c'mon that is an ignorant comment

I agree that the Bobcats should be able to get more for him tho, which is why i wouldn't expect such a trade, I'm just saying what our best offer could be

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The term junk is not ignorant I like the Celtics in the package for what they are.

For Gerald Wallace though you are offering junk at this point. Since Bradley appears limited in his development and Semih while fairly skilled is soft and very inconsistent.  A first rounder from our position in the draft is also a crap shot for a team like Carolina.  There is little of substance compared to Wallace who is real prime time player.  

The offer is insulting,  not ignorant. If Wallace came to the Celtics for that package we would be just like the Lakers getting Gasol for Kwame and a bag of balls.  It would stink to high heaven. Not that I wouldn't take it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Latest news is Wallace probably going to Portland

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Concord and Rameakap,
    With all due respect, do not conflate your opinions and actual decisions and events. Please. Unless, of course, your real names are Danny Ainge and/or Glenn Rivers.

My thought regarding SE was that DA and Doc are looking to plug the hole that was created by MD's injury. The need to trade SE would be dictated by a major change but, AFAIK, they are not looking for any major changes in the roster.

AK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am not conflating anything but the reality that all Semih offers when he is healthy is six fouls.  We need Shaq, if Semih is our back-up big man we would be unable to win a championship.  Based on what I can assume is Danny feels Shaq will be there when the playoffs come.  If he didn't he would be looking to deal.

Semih is not the answer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Semih is not the answer this year, but I would hold onto him for the future. We may not have Perk or the O'Neil's next year and we will need a big with some ability. Plus he will have a year under his belt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Just heard he's been traded for Pryz....anyone know anything better?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Just heard he's been traded for Pryz....anyone know anything better?
    Posted by Lakerman17[/QUOTE]

Link??

Love your new avatar!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Apparently Gerald Wallace IS available:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25264/cavaliers-interested-in-gerald-wallace But would he be willing to play 20-30 minutes a game off the bench instead?  I have to think that he'd prefer playing significant time off the bench for a winner than going to Cleveland ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM) He is ideal: young, athletic, and a lockdown defender who could wear out LeBron and Kobe Gerald Wallace, Mikhail Pietrus, and Shane Battier are my favorites As for who to trade, I think a promising young center like Semih Erden who won't crack the lineup while the Celtics are still contending would be nice trade bate because center is the toughest position in the league to fill.  Then you try to convince them to take on Jermaine O'Neal's contract, perhaps in exchange for a pick and cash.  I'd only give up Nate in the right deal, especially if the other team bought him out so he could boomerang. Thoughts?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    I like your favorites. Wallace would be a real good catch. Battier is also good. For me, I'd take Wallace out of the three.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

http://twitter.com/KBerg_CBS/statuses/40529251866255360

Apparently he might be a backup or a small power forward in Portland...