Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES?

I sure hope the Celtics continue to play like they are now. If they do, they could possibly be hanging banner #18 in the Gahden. The Heat look like they need a few more practices and the Celtics killed them in the pick and rolls yesterday. This has been one great weekend - first the T'Wolves and then the Heat. I sure wish we played the Lakers again so their fans would stop talking about the season sweep.

Go Celtics!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES?

I'ma as giddy as everyone after the win I really am. I think the Celtics are becoming a terrific team that NO ONE wants to face in the playoffs. Having said that I think they are a darkhorse team. A team that if they get hot and  had some breaks go their way can make a serious run. 

If I were betting real money though, on who was going to come out of the east, Miami and the Bulls in my mind would have to remain the favorites. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES?:
    [QUOTE]I'ma as giddy as everyone after the win I really am. I think the Celtics are becoming a terrific team that NO ONE wants to face in the playoffs. Having said that I think they are a darkhorse team. A team that if they get hot and  had some breaks go their way can make a serious run.  If I were betting real money though, on who was going to come out of the east, Miami and the Bulls in my mind would have to remain the favorites. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Thats a bummer man,,,, but yeah, you are probably right.. At least I can dream.

Go GREEN, Go Celtics!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : Thats a bummer man,,,, but yeah, you are probably right.. At least I can dream. Go GREEN, Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]
    A dream for you would be the Lakers beating the Thunder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

It was only one game. As happy as I am with the result, I can't make too much out of it, except that the Celtics are definitely a legitimate playoff team that could make some noise. Beyond that, I don't see this one performance vaulting them ahead of the Heat and Bulls for Eastern Conference supremacy. If the Celtics get blown out in Chicago later this week, suddenly all the optimism will revert to pessimism.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : A dream for you would be the Lakers beating the Thunder.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Actually I am dreaming that the Mavericks beat the Thunder as I do not believe the Celtics could beat the Lakers or Thunder in the Finals. Just sayin'

GO Celtics!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : Actually I am dreaming that the Mavericks beat the Thunder as I do not believe the Celtics could beat the Lakers or Thunder in the Finals. Just sayin' GO Celtics!!

Right now, the lakers would play MEM in the first round...........see ya!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

[QUOTE]I'ma as giddy as everyone after the win I really am. I think the Celtics are becoming a terrific team that NO ONE wants to face in the playoffs. Having said that I think they are a darkhorse team. A team that if they get hot and  had some breaks go their way can make a serious run.  If I were betting real money though, on who was going to come out of the east, Miami and the Bulls in my mind would have to remain the favorites. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

They do not have home court throughout, so I don't see them beating the Heat, Bulls or OKC on the road.  At this point they'll be out in the 2nd round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : Right now, the lakers would play MEM in the first round...........see ya!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Thanks for showing your ignorance yet again. Surprised

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : Thanks for showing your ignorance yet again.

1x - Oklahoma City 4012.769-23-417-89-229-9103.596.7+6.8Won 68-2
    2San Antonio 3614.720321-415-1010-424-11101.496.5+4.9Won 79-1
    3LA Lakers 3320.6237 ½22-511-157-325-1196.393.9+2.4Won 26-4
    4LA Clippers 3121.596920-811-134-520-1697.295.2+2.0Won 57-3
    5Dallas 3023.56610 ½19-811-156-420-1794.893.4+1.4Won 17-3
    6Memphis 2822.5601117-711-155-517-1995.293.9+1.3Won 14-6
    7Denver 2924.54711 ½15-1214-123-714-22103.5102.0+1.5Won 25-5
    8Houston 2825.52812 ½20-88-175-618-1998.197.5+0.6Lost 15-5

3 vs 6 last time I checked....................YOUR ignorance is showing!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : 1 x - Oklahoma City 40 12 .769 - 23-4 17-8 9-2 29-9 103.5 96.7 +6.8 Won 6 8-2 2 San Antonio 36 14 .720 3 21-4 15-10 10-4 24-11 101.4 96.5 +4.9 Won 7 9-1 3 LA Lakers 33 20 .623 7 ½ 22-5 11-15 7-3 25-11 96.3 93.9 +2.4 Won 2 6-4 4 LA Clippers 31 21 .596 9 20-8 11-13 4-5 20-16 97.2 95.2 +2.0 Won 5 7-3 5 Dallas 30 23 .566 10 ½ 19-8 11-15 6-4 20-17 94.8 93.4 +1.4 Won 1 7-3 6 Memphis 28 22 .560 11 17-7 11-15 5-5 17-19 95.2 93.9 +1.3 Won 1 4-6 7 Denver 29 24 .547 11 ½ 15-12 14-12 3-7 14-22 103.5 102.0 +1.5 Won 2 5-5 8 Houston 28 25 .528 12 ½ 20-8 8-17 5-6 18-19 98.1 97.5 +0.6 Lost 1 5-5 3 vs 6 last time I checked....................YOUR ignorance is showing!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

That comment was not disputing who would be playing who today if the playoffs started, goofball.  It was referring to you thinking the Grizz can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. Get a clue son.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : That comment was not disputing who would be playing who today if the playoffs started, goofball.  It was referring to you thinking the Grizz can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. Get a clue son.

NOPE, it was CLEARLY that the lakers wouldn't play the Grizz in the first round!!  Learn to read, boy!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I do think that the C's have as good of a shot as anybody in the east if Rose isn't able to return to form.  Whether they could beat OKC...maybe on sheer experience. 

Does anybody think SanAn has a shot at the west?  I've learned that they always look good at times, but they just can't keep it together at the end these days.  But a lot of people would say they're the best team in the NBA right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]I do think that the C's have as good of a shot as anybody in the east if Rose isn't able to return to form.  Whether they could beat OKC...maybe on sheer experience.  Does anybody think SanAn has a shot at the west?  I've learned that they always look good at times, but they just can't keep it together at the end these days.  But a lot of people would say they're the best team in the NBA right now.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right about the Celtics!!!  I would love for them to enact revenge upon the Heat, especially Wade.. He is a dirty player.

San Antonio is a hard read, although I think they can beat anyone in the West if those teams do not attack them with speed and quickness. OKC is all about speed and quickness so I think they would give SA a tough time. The Lakers are always at the top of the West too and a team that cannot be overlooked. Their mere size down low is the best in the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : I hope you are right about the Celtics!!!  I would love for them to enact revenge upon the Heat, especially Wade.. He is a dirty player. San Antonio is a hard read, although I think they can beat anyone in the West if those teams do not attack them with speed and quickness. OKC is all about speed and quickness so I think they would give SA a tough time. The Lakers are always at the top of the West too and a team that cannot be overlooked. Their mere size down low is the best in the league.

Proverbs 12:22  RICO!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beyonce210. Show Beyonce210's posts

We can beat the bulls.....because Rondo and Rose will neutralize each other and that is where the C's will shine..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I really think we can complete vs The Bulls & the Heat because they don't dominate us rebounding. Our youngs guys are as athletic as theirs & if Rose is hurt, we really have a chance to win the East. I watch Wade and admire his moves and find he is a close 2nd to Kobe but Bradley blocking his shot made me think of our old friend, Tony Allen.

Hate to bring it up but why did we lose to Lakers in Game 7---rebounding dominance( forget the egregious difference in foul shots 41 to 17) and this year although ahead in both games and we shot a better %, they got extra chances. Gasol & Bynum are the 2 best big men tandem in the game & we always have trouble with them. Not since Perkins have we been able to box out Bynum and being very strong & taller he can muscle a ball in.

So, let's win the East & we'll worry about the West...The Thunder would be tough because Durant(can rebound too) and Westbrook are spectacular. If Bynum is hurt for an extended period, and out for an extended period, LA will lose in the first round because their team consists of 3 Stars only, Kobe, Bynum & Gasol, & I would bet on Kentucky against the rest of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : Snoop- your a class act so I won't rub the fact the Lakers beat down Boston at Staples and in Boston this season but it did serve one lesson. Boston is decidedly weak in the paint and any team with nous will attack them there and expose them. The Lakers did it successfully even though they have the best player on the planet ( HA HA HA HA HA) and the greatest pf of his generation (HA HA HA HA HA). Go figure?! Keep up the great posts tho' Snoop.
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

YOU'RE!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : Snoop- your a class act so I won't rub the fact the Lakers beat down Boston at Staples and in Boston this season but it did serve one lesson. Boston is decidedly weak in the paint and any team with nous will attack them there and expose them. The Lakers did it successfully even though they have the best player on the planet ( HA HA HA HA HA) and the greatest pf of his generation (HA HA HA HA HA). Go figure?! Keep up the great posts tho' Snoop.

Thanks my friend! I agree that the Lakers twin towers are very formidable and will probably prevail in the playoffs when the games slow down and become more half court oriented. The Celtics should have never traded away Perkins, but we did and have paid a tremendous price for it. I do not think KG and Perk could stop Pau and Bynum because in 2010 we saw the Lakers win that battle. Rasheed Wallace played a great game 7 and gave us more than Perkins could ever even dream about so for "some" Celtics fans to use that excuse is just plain pathetic and makes the rest of us look bad. Oh well, good luck my friend. I hope the Lakers and Celtics can ongc again meet in the Finals, but not this year because I do think that I could handle another loss to you guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

you said it. people keep focusing on the 42% shooting, but he can still dominate. name one player that could go through a divorce and still lead the league in scoring...and the stories about bynum shooting the three's and tuning out during the huddles are all media hype. they also tried to blow up the fact that he was caught parking in a handicap spot twice in the off season! whatever, they will right the ship and hang another banner. you keep up the good fight elven!

Lakers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : you said it. people keep focusing on the 42% shooting, but he can still dominate. name one player that could go through a divorce and still lead the league in scoring...and the stories about bynum shooting the three's and tuning out during the huddles are all media hype. they also tried to blow up the fact that he was caught parking in a handicap spot twice in the off season! whatever, they will right the ship and hang another banner. you keep up the good fight elven! Lakers!
    Posted by Onthe405[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant....who cares about his personal issues.

And it WAS a big deal - Bynum broke the law - even the radio guys out here called it immature!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES? : you said it. people keep focusing on the 42% shooting, but he can still dominate. name one player that could go through a divorce and still lead the league in scoring...and the stories about bynum shooting the three's and tuning out during the huddles are all media hype. they also tried to blow up the fact that he was caught parking in a handicap spot twice in the off season! whatever, they will right the ship and hang another banner. you keep up the good fight elven! Lakers!
    Posted by Onthe405[/QUOTE]

Kobe's divorce pissed him off so he decided to shoot at EVERY opportunity.  To get his points, he shoots more than ANY player in the league - by a wide margin.  He shoots a 23.5 times per game.  Durant, next on the list, shoots 19.5 times a game.  Durant shoots 55% from 2 point land.  Kobe shoots 46%.  Talk abut inefficient!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Love how the C's are playing.  Can't get too excited, yet, because we need pietrus and Ray back to really contend and we don't know how healthy either on really is.  Also, we have a tough stretch of games and winning the first 2 is only 2.  If I can see this team go 4 and 4 in that stretch, I will be more excited.

I see the C's being able to get to the ECF's, perhaps.  At that point - ANYTHING's POSSIBLLLLLLEEEEE!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Are the Celtics now the FAVORITES?:
    [QUOTE]I sure hope the Celtics continue to play like they are now. If they do, they could possibly be hanging banner #18 in the Gahden. The Heat look like they need a few more practices and the Celtics killed them in the pick and rolls yesterday. This has been one great weekend - first the T'Wolves and then the Heat. I sure wish we played the Lakers again so their fans would stop talking about the season sweep. Go Celtics!!

Celtics will always be my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

its not irrelevant, he is going 8-27 night in and night out because of his personal issues. i respect the celtics better head to head record against the lakers and the fact that you have more titles. why can't cant you respect the fact that we have the MVP?

and the parking thing is overblown. he won two titles for us, if he wants to run into the supermarket for some cheerios and uses a handicap spot, big deal! look at our roster through the years, you clearly don't appreciate the fact that our fan base values winning over character.