Are the Heat for Real Yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : stop listening to bill simmons and watch some actual basketball haslem gets more respect for his game and how he carries himself as a man than big baby could ever dream of big baby? you got that right

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

You did watched Bill Simmons, I didnt. I watched your clowns and my favorite team, the celtics. Here, these are the stats:

Big Baby - Let me remind you, as a bench:

PPG 11.3

Reb 5.4

FG% .497

Haslem

PPG 8.0

Reb 8.2

FG% .512

Once again, let me make this clear, Big Baby comes from the bench. Also he leads the NBA in charges taken. Stop watching sunshine network son...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Here's what else I know - Arroyo is NOT your answer at PG - goose egg last night Here's what else I know - YOU started the not-being-cordial- thing....I merely pointed out to you that: a) right now, the Celtics have a better team than the Heat b)  irregardless is NOT a word If you just would have admited either of those things, we'd have no problems. JJ's World - the only place where 15-8 is better than 17-4!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    1. probably not...but arroyo has played pretty well with the big 3 thus far and chalmers played well last night as well against one of the best PG's in the game
    2. no, you started it...when i starting posting in the celtics forum, at first i said "lets go heat" and everyone clamoured that i was a bandwagon fan. when i explained myself and my dedication to my team, it was claimed that im a troll...when i made two incorrect predictions with the heat-celtics games, you repeatedly called me a coward when you dont know a damn thing about me...all i have called you thus far is bub...if you think that is attack on you...then stop posting, your skin isnt thick enough for the internet old man
    3. right now, the celtics have a better record than the heat, largely because they have played over 300 plus game together, the heat have played what? 20 games together? they are still learning how to play with each other and adjusting on the fly
    4. irregardless of what you say, im going to type alot anyways and i hope you come to ENJOY it...why? because im not going away
    5. in my world...regular season records of true contenders for the title dont matter all that much...as evidenced last postseason when the celtics(4th seed) ran over my heat, then the magic and the cavs on their way to the finals...so in your world...are the cavs and magic better than the celtics because they had a better regular season record? see how inane your reasoning is?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? :   You did watched Bill Simmons, I didnt. I watched your clowns and my favorite team, the celtics. Here, these are the stats: Big Baby - Let me remind you, as a bench: PPG 11.3 Reb 5.4 FG% .497   Haslem PPG 8.0 Reb 8.2 FG% .512   Once again, let me make this clear, Big Baby comes from the bench. Also he leads the NBA in charges taken. Stop watching sunshine network son...    
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    i dont watch bill simmons...i think he is as funny as calling someone a cancer patient when they really arent

so baby gets more points but less rebounds and shoots for a lower percentage and thats your proof?

lets say for the sake of argument that doc rivers becomes the heat coach next year...do you think he would beg pat riley to trade haslem to the celtics so he would be re-united with the big baby?

because i dont...and most gm's in the league wouldnt make that move either...also...i dont get the sunshine network...so there goes that brilliant theory

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : 1. probably not...but arroyo has played pretty well with the big 3 thus far and chalmers played well last night as well against one of the best PG's in the game 2. no, you started it...when i starting posting in the celtics forum, at first i said "lets go heat" and everyone clamoured that i was a bandwagon fan. when i explained myself and my dedication to my team, it was claimed that im a troll...when i made two incorrect predictions with the heat-celtics games, you repeatedly called me a coward when you dont know a damn thing about me...all i have called you thus far is bub...if you think that is attack on you...then stop posting, your skin isnt thick enough for the internet old man 3. right now, the celtics have a better record than the heat, largely because they have played over 300 plus game together, the heat have played what? 20 games together? they are still learning how to play with each other and adjusting on the fly 4. irregardless of what you say, im going to type alot anyways and i hope you come to ENJOY it...why? because im not going away 5. in my world...regular season records of true contenders for the title dont matter all that much...as evidenced last postseason when the celtics(4th seed) ran over my heat, then the magic and the cavs on their way to the finals...so in your world...are the cavs and magic better than the celtics because they had a better regular season record? see how inane your reasoning is?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Jimmy,
    Re: your 5 points.
    1. I have to agree with Headley: Arroyo seems like a warm body in the Heat starting line. Especially considering last game's stats: 0-0-0.
    2. It's yourr personal beef w/Headley.
    3. 3 years ago Big 3 didn't play 300 games together but were 18-2(?)
    4. There's no such word as "irregardless". Even if you combine irrelevant and regardless it doesn't make any sense.
    5. Agree about regular season vs playoffs.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I watch a LOT of basketball.  I didnt see the Heat beat the Jazz and the Jazz are an elite team imho, so beating them is a big win.  But I see the Heat making the playoffs and making an early departure.  We shall see how things work out.  BTW, I'm not comparing Haslem to anybody.  What I said was he was the most consistent Heat and his loss is gonna be devastating over the near and medium term.  But, I could be way wrong about this and they may just gradually improve into the juggernaut people expected.  They need a point guard, or, LeBron or Wade will have to assume that role; either one can handle the assignment.  Maybe Riley makes some moves.  I still think the coach there is a goner...I originally thought by XMas but now I think by the All-Star game ole Spoelstra will be looking for work.  Lastly, I think Bosh is a bust for this team.  He should just rebound and let the rest come along at its own pace.  Maybe a trade of Bosh for a really good point guard.  Is Dampier helping these guys?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Jimmy, Re: your 5 points. 1. I have to agree with Headley: Arroyo seems like a warm body in the Heat starting line. Especially considering last game's stats: 0-0-0. 2. It's yourr personal beef w/Headley. 3. 3 years ago Big 3 didn't play 300 games together but were 18-2(?) 4. There's no such word as "irregardless". Even if you combine irrelevant and regardless it doesn't make any sense. 5. Agree about regular season vs playoffs. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]
    1. ive never stated that arroyo is anything all the special...but for the most part...he has played well this season thus far...i expect chalmers to take over his for his starting duties relatively soon enough as i (and many other heat fans) believe he has a higher ceiling and is better defensively
    2. when hedley respects the fact that im the board to stay, maybe things will be more cordial
    3. the celtics situation is different than the heat...with different types of styles...the start doesnt matter but the finish does...and the C's finished 08 with a title...who is to say that the heat cant? especially by someone who refers to the best player in the league as "mebron"...i mean really? at least try to be original when slamming the king
    4. it is a word...ive been over this before...but then again...its the internet...as long as you get the gist of what im saying, what fun is being a grammer nazi other than to do it just to spite people...which would be ironic given his thin skin
    5. glad to see we agree...maybe hedley will come around

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]I watch a LOT of basketball.  I didnt see the Heat beat the Jazz and the Jazz are an elite team imho, so beating them is a big win.  But I see the Heat making the playoffs and making an early departure.  We shall see how things work out.  BTW, I'm not comparing Haslem to anybody.  What I said was he was the most consistent Heat and his loss is gonna be devastating over the near and medium term.  But, I could be way wrong about this and they may just gradually improve into the juggernaut people expected.  They need a point guard, or, LeBron or Wade will have to assume that role; either one can handle the assignment.  Maybe Riley makes some moves.  I still think the coach there is a goner...I originally thought by XMas but now I think by the All-Star game ole Spoelstra will be looking for work.  Lastly, I think Bosh is a bust for this team.  He should just rebound and let the rest come along at its own pace.  Maybe a trade of Bosh for a really good point guard.  Is Dampier helping these guys?
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]
    fair enough but as i said previously...chalmers will play the PG position...how much he handles the ball is another story

the heat are riding a 6 game winning streak and have what should be two easy wins before returning home and you are talking about them firing the coach? for winning? im sorry but thats ridiculous

bosh has been anything but a bust thus far...while his numbers dont jump out and grab your attention, he has been very solid and a good 3rd option

and lastly...much like jermaine oneal...dampier serves as someone to take up space and give fouls...it is what it is

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Not going to waste my time trying to prove a point to someone who yesterday admitted they think it's their god-given right as an American to argue that the sky is actually chartreuse when someone else says the sky is blue. Not going to waste any more of my time arguing with someone who claims I am too sensitive for the Internet, then can't admit when they are wrong (which has been often). Let's pretend, for the sake of argument, that the Heat WON on Opening Night.  Let's further pretend the Heat won 100-90, or very close to your prediction.  The following day, you would be on here gloating and the "I-told-you-so's " would be frightening, irreverent, pathological and condescending.  THAT'S what I know about you. Now, lastly suppose I didn't want to hear any of your BS the following day.  I might hide on, say, a politics forum, hope you'd go away, and maybe my team will win the next one. WHEN I returned if I ever did, you would (justifiably) call me a coward because I did not man up and face the consequences of my obnoxious predictions. We all had to come on here after Game 7 last year and admit the better team won............it's just a basketball game, after all, and last time I checked, neither of us have played in an NBA game.  You root for a team, no one is begrudging you that, BUT, you root for them in good times and bad....like a marriage.  If you only post when your team wins or is doing well, you get labeled (justifiably) as a front-runner or troll. If you don't man up and face the music when your team loses, you get labeled (justifiably) as a coward. And, just for the record, you've also called me dimwit, but keep writing falsehoods on this forum all you want, after all, it's just the Internet, no need to be sensitive and respond to every single comment.  I mean, if what I said really didn't bother you, you'd take from friendly advice and not respond to every single comment.  For I am not alone in my dislike for your team, nor am I alone in my thinking you are immature for not facing the music TWICE when your team lost.......................time to grow up, son. What do they call son of a dimwit anyway?????????...............:)
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    i dont know...ask your kid

like i said before...it takes a big man with alot of class to call someone a coward from behind a computer...if you cant take it, dont even think about dishing it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, after a win in Utah I think we can say they're for real.  My guess is they'll make a big regular season push, but lebron and dwade will tire themselves out from having to carry the team.  At some point they will start to break down due to lack of balance.

But I look for a hot streak that goes on close to all star break, then another that will take them close to the playoffs.  In the end though, I just don't think the team is well enough balanced.  They may still end up with the best regular season record though.