Are we sleeping on the Mavs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Are we sleeping on the Mavs?

BOS has improved, LAL has improved, MIA has improved.  All true.  OKC is about the same, but I think Maynor over Fisher is an upgrade, and PJ3 COULD BE a nice player.
    How about the Mavs?  Lost Terry, lost Kidd.  But this team can stil be dangerous.  Collison/West/Beaubois...Mayo/Carter/Jones....Marion/Crowder.....Dirk/Brand/Wright.......Kaman/Sgt. James.

Not a bad team at all.  And they are under the lux tax for the first time in a long time.....I wouldn't count the Mavs out in the West just yet!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Are we sleeping on the Mavs?

NO ONE IS SLEEPING ON THE MAVERICKS, THEY ARE 7th or 8th SEED AT BEST

THE TEAM YOU ARE SLEEPING ON IS THE MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES WHO WILL WIN 50+ GAMES THIS YEAR AND CHALLENGE FOR ONE OF THE TOP 4 SPOTS IN THE WEST....

HATE TO SAY IT BUT DAVID KAHN HAS ASSEMBLED SOME MAJOR TALENT PLUS THEY HAVE A GREAT COACH AND RICKY RUBIO COMING BACK (RUBIO WAS BETTER Than ADVERTISED , HE IS A LEGIT FRANCHISE CORNERSTONE AND FAN DRAW)

LOOK OUT FOR THE MINNESOTA TWOLVES !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Are we sleeping on the Mavs?:
    [QUOTE]BOS has improved, LAL has improved, MIA has improved.  All true.  OKC is about the same, but I think Maynor over Fisher is an upgrade, and PJ3 COULD BE a nice player. How about the Mavs?  Lost Terry, lost Kidd.  But this team can stil be dangerous.  Collison/West/Beaubois...Mayo/Carter/Jones....Marion/Crowder.....Dirk/Brand/Wright.......Kaman/Sgt. James. Not a bad team at all.  And they are under the lux tax for the first time in a long time.....I wouldn't count the Mavs out in the West just yet!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]What the Mavs have is an assemblage of players. Whether these individual parts can come together and really play as a team remains to be seen. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are we sleeping on the Mavs?:
    [QUOTE]NO ONE IS SLEEPING ON THE MAVERICKS, THEY ARE 7th or 8th SEED AT BEST THE TEAM YOU ARE SLEEPING ON IS THE MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES WHO WILL WILL 50+ GAMES THIS YEAR AND CHALLENGE FOR ONE OF THE TOP 4 SPOTS IN THE WEST.... HATE TO SAY IT BUT DAVID KAHN HAS ASSEMBLED SOME MAJOR TALENT PLUS THEY HAVE A GREAT COACH AND RICKY RUBIO COMING BACK (RUBIO WAS BETTER Than ADVERTISED , HE IS A LEGIT FRANCHISE CORNERSTONE AND FAN DRAW) LOOK OUT FOR THE MINNESOTA TWOLVES !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I didn't include the Wolves becuase Rubio is out.  If they had Rubio to start the year, definitely they would be improved.
    Ridenour/Barea.......Johnson.....AK47/Williams/Love/Pec  and Budinger.  Not a lot of depth, but will be tough to beat, I agree!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

In Response to Re: Are we sleeping on the Mavs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are we sleeping on the Mavs? : I didn't include the Wolves becuase Rubio is out.  If they had Rubio to start the year, definitely they would be improved. Ridenour/Barea.......Johnson.....AK47/Williams/Love/Pec  and Budinger.  Not a lot of depth, but will be tough to beat, I agree!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Johnson was traded... but still a very nice team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Remember the Mavs are really a bunch of moving parts hoping to be rearranged to sign Dwight Howard in the offseason. 

If the Mavs were in the east I would entertain your point more seriously, as you never know, they might be an odd first round match up for us if they were in the east. But in the west there is no chance we will see them assuming we were to make the finals. 

If I were you I'd be thinking more about the New Jersey Nets. I'm not sure how good they will be but they definitely improved themselves significantly and they will be in the east somewhere making trouble...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I'm a big Dirk fan but he cannot carry the team to the title as the only star any more. The Mavs added some solid players but far from star caliber. Also they still miss the most important credential: A fast defender on the 5 who can step out and can make up for Dirk's lack of lateral speed on D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Dallas has a lot of assembled veteran talent but it's going to be really difficult for that team to come together and make any kind of noise. Yes, still missing Chandler in a big way... with nowtizki, brand, carter, collison, beaubois, Kaman, Marion, mayo, jianlian, west, etc. though their talent level is right there though...

Like the Wolves too and Kahn has been insanely busy, but it's a real work in progress and yes, they are seriously lacking in quality depth. 

Rubio is a huge key and we'll have to see how he comes back from his injury, but they also have Love, Barea, Ridnour, D Williams, Pekovic (underrated), Budinger, Cunningham, Kirilenko. Don't know much about the Russian Shved but he's supposed to have some talent. 

Don't think they're crazy about Williams so he'll probably go eventually (they are dumping recent high draft picks left and right) and they are too small in the backcourt. I'd like to see them move Ridnour and bring in a big 2 to compliment shved. They are really susceptible with Barea and Ridnour on the court together and Rubio is no stopper himself. Also need some more quality bigs to help out Love and Pekovic. A playoff team, but they need three or four more quality players to even win a series probably.