Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?

I'm calling you out Duke. You and others have said that Danny Ainge did good by trading away Perkins in mid-season as opposed to waiting for the off-season since he was going to be asking for more money. Other more realistic minded dudes pointed out how Ainge was trading away chemestry, toughness, experience, etc. etc. etc. As an outside observer, I blame you're teams struggles on none other than Danny Ainge. He and he alone is the reason why you guys are going no where this year!

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?

NOPE!  Ainge knows what he's doing, and it was a good trade!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

NO. I don't think it was a bad trade. Offense is the problem right now, not a lack of defense. Jeff green is a good player; he should be used more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I think the Celtics have relied on jump shooting to win games.  The have become allergic to the post and the paint.  They seem to forget to that when shots are not falling that they should drive to the basket more.  Its a dayum shame that they lost to the bobcats, AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I dont get why we continue to lose to teams who are missing their best player(s)!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

He could not have waited until after the season, because thern Perk woukd have been a FA, and we would have loist him for nothing.  At leastr we got a good backup center and a new SF with lots of potential.  Something is better than nothing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well Elias this is how I see it....

Talent level went up.....Nenad brings skills Perk did not have....but does not have Perks physical tools which included intimidation...I wish we could've kept Perk....but he wanted a contact that was way overpriced...Danny knew that...so instead of nothing we got talent

Green is a kid I love...and no, we couldn't have gotten him even up for Nate...so this helps now and for the future...

I blame the players.....such classy guys like Ray Ray....so much heart and talent in guys like PP and KG......right now Rondo is either hurt or being a punk...I'm not sure which one....but he is one helluva talent...I blame the team for allowing the chemistry to dissolve....I thought they were collectively much stronger mentally than this....

anyway my friend....that is how I see it....I will keep my hopes up as I have for the last 50 years....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?:
    [QUOTE]Ask your self, How are we doing after the trade and you will have your answer. It's not all about talent it's about one of the most important factor for a team, it's called Chemistry and since the trade we don't have it.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

So....if we had PERK, we wouldn't have gone 4-6 in our last ten games??  What a stupid comment.  Our chemsitry is fine, it's our offense!!  Ask yourself that!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico Celtic,
    Who are you exactly?  I have found many of your comments hard to understand.  Are you a Celtic fan? Or something else.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?:
    [QUOTE]I'm calling you out Duke. You and others have said that Danny Ainge did good by trading away Perkins in mid-season as opposed to waiting for the off-season since he was going to be asking for more money. Other more realistic minded dudes pointed out how Ainge was trading away chemestry, toughness, experience, etc. etc. etc. As an outside observer, I blame you're teams struggles on none other than Danny Ainge. He and he alone is the reason why you guys are going no where this year!
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Let's see - defense as good as ever.... offense - absolutely pathetic...... Perk overpriced free agent at the end of the year and had no impact on this season as it was....... so Danny traded away a player that did nothing all year and they did not miss him and got a nice back up center and a very good young player.

When it came time to dismantle the real big 3 20 years ago there were any number of questions as to who should stay and go and what resulted was 20 years of irrelevance.

So when push comes to shove Danny will always be remembered by how he dismantles this version of the BIG 3 and what type of team results.....  my opinion is that in the NBA if you are good you get nothing from the draft and if you are bad you get actual legit talent and there is not much in between.... the football mentality of trying to win now and build for the future does not apply to basketball (a) there are two few players and key players make a huge difference, (b) the salary cap ensures that you cannot just trade what were once great players for current great players, etc.

So trading a journeyman center who is vastly overrated and a function of the system and who he is surrounded by some great players for a good back up center and a good young player was not a bad trade.

The real issue is how he dismantles the players that actually do matter, not the ones that don't.  Time will tell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?:
    [QUOTE]Rico Celtic, Who are you exactly?  I have found many of your comments hard to understand.  Are you a Celtic fan? Or something else.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    I don't know who he is and I don't really care, but a Celtics fan he's not!
    Ask yourself "What happened to greenKillers??"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry but I had to report you for violating the posting policies of BDC. Take it easy son you can get banned or get a heart attack which is worse. God bless. And yes I believe we would be doing better with Perk on the team. Weren't you one of the posters sayin we lost because of Perk being hurt in the finals????? Which is it????? Or you were one of the conspiracy theorist blaming the refs???

1.  I did not violate ANY BDC policy.
    2.  Do NOT call me son!!
    3.  I NEVER said we lost in the Finals because we didn't have Perk.  Clearly you haven't been around here too long......we lost because the lakers were the better team.
    4.  The ONLY conspiracy theory I buy into is this - in the NBA, in the playoffs, since the 1970's, the HOME team wins 70% of the time.  Look it up.  I did extensive research on the topic before you were born (on this forum).  The lakers were 11-1 at home last year,  5-5. on the road.

Other than that, I enjoyed your post very much.  You are very knowledgeable, for a lakers fan!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It all starts with the coach....if he is allowing them to go on cruise control then all the blogs on this wall will not help the situation. I noticed that none of the Big 3 has called a team meeting to get things out on the table (esp Rondo's game) so I think they're all good with what's happening. Go UConn!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

For a bunch of fans who whined how the Lakers victory last year was because Perkins was hurt and couldn't play in game 7, to think it was a good trade to get Nestic to replace him, only proves the point that the fans in Boston are just homers. If you wear the green you are great; take off the green and you're a bum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]For a bunch of fans who whined how the Lakers victory last year was because Perkins was hurt and couldn't play in game 7, to think it was a good trade to get Nestic to replace him, only proves the point that the fans in Boston are just homers. If you wear the green you are great; take off the green and you're a bum.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

Perk's great defense had them tied at 3 each through 6 games - Bynum healthy would have had the series over after game 5..... people love to wax poetic about how the Cs would have won game 7 had Perk been healthy..... the Cs may have won some other games had their point guard not been ignored most of the time and could have made a jump shot here or there and shot at least a respectable 75% from the line as opposed to the record 26% from the line......  they scored 79 points in game 7 and somehow with Perk the defense would have made the difference - exactly - the Cs should have won the game 79 to 75.....  year after year after year play 3 against 5 on offense and then blame the defense when you lose......  there goes another depends....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"How does Perk help the team when defense isn't the problem?"

This is going to be a tough one for some of you to wrap your head around, but the Perk trade seems to have effected the chemistry and morale of the team. Believe it or not, that chemistry carries over to the offensive side of the ball as well. 

During several of the Celts recent losses, they were dominated inside the paint so several of the losses can certainly be traced by to problems with interior defense. 

To be clear: Ainge himself was aware of this risk. He was counting on Shaq being healthy by now. With Shaq in, this trade would have looked better both offensively and defensively. 

However, those who want to judge this trade as either good or bad are foolish. 

We won't know if it's good or bad until the Celtics season ends. If we win a ring it was a good trade. If we don't, it was a bad one - especially if we don't make it to the NBA finals. 

So, the answer is pretty simple, it just requires some patience. 

I liked the trade at first but don't like what I see as a soft and unintimidating team without an identity, so I"m not liking the trade much lately. But: I'm keeping an open mind, which is very difficult for folks on this forum to do. 

Those who say this was a good trade because we couldn't have resigned Perk in the offseason - that's a big philosophical difference then. We signed the O'Neals to win NOW and all trades of this season must be judged in that light.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]" How does Perk help the team when defense isn't the problem?" This is going to be a tough one for some of you to wrap your head around, but the Perk trade seems to have effected the chemistry and morale of the team. Believe it or not, that chemistry carries over to the offensive side of the ball as well.  During several of the Celts recent losses, they were dominated inside the paint so several of the losses can certainly be traced by to problems with interior defense.  To be clear: Ainge himself was aware of this risk. He was counting on Shaq being healthy by now. With Shaq in, this trade would have looked better both offensively and defensively.  However, those who want to judge this trade as either good or bad are foolish.  We won't know if it's good or bad until the Celtics season ends. If we win a ring it was a good trade. If we don't, it was a bad one - especially if we don't make it to the NBA finals.  So, the answer is pretty simple, it just requires some patience.  I liked the trade at first but don't like what I see as a soft and unintimidating team without an identify, so I"m not liking the trade much lately. But: I'm keeping an open mind, which is very difficult for folks on this forum to do.  Those who say this was a good trade because we couldn't have resigned Perk in the offseason - that's a big philosophical difference then. We signed the O'Neals to win NOW and all trades of this season must be judged in that light.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

So on average you score 99 points per game and then all of a sudden you can't score more than 85 and you want to blame it on getting beat up inside but at the same time do not give up anymore points than normal.....

As I said in another thread.... here is the only analogy you need to focus on to correct your way of thinking.....

Brady says well before we traded Wilfork we scored 30 points per game, now we score 20 points per game.... before we traded big Vince we gave up 23 points per game, now we give up 23 points per game..... yeah... must be the defense, especially the interior defense........   lmao.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Well if you know that why keep watching??????????? There is baseball, Hockey, Football and many more but don't be disappointed if you find out it's in every sports fans find an excuse for every loss. Of course teams win more with home court they have the 6 man the fans. I would have thought it was like 99.9 % instead of 70% that is why we play the game for home court. It is that simple, you didn't discover anything thanks for the info but I would have believed it was 99.9. That is why it's called home court "ADVANTAGE" you get it "ADVANTAGE" That is why we should try to get it and stop playing like shoot with no excuses. SIMPLE

I watch the games, because I'm a FAN.  And if that weak post is your response, then I'm done with you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]For a bunch of fans who whined how the Lakers victory last year was because Perkins was hurt and couldn't play in game 7, to think it was a good trade to get Nestic to replace him, only proves the point that the fans in Boston are just homers. If you wear the green you are great; take off the green and you're a bum.
    Posted by Beat-Boston[/QUOTE]

So, you're cool with Shaq having his lakers jersey retired?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

The problem is the Celtics have turned into a soft finesse team by trading Perkins and they added a bunch of soft role/bench players. Kristic, Green, Pavlovic, Bradley, Murphy, Wafter, Arroyo. LOL!

25. This post has been removed.