Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?

In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea? : Good if you are gonna get A heart attack because of my post, remember you are older than me. Got to watch the heart. Simple there is a little button called ignore just push it and you won't see my post. God bless.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

How about just posting what you want and stop with the "God Bless" !  It absolutely disingenuous!! You make these negative comments and then say "God Bless"???  Get over yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Wrong again, Rico!  YOU ignore ME - I'm older and have been here longer!

THOSE are the rules!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea? : So....if we had PERK, we wouldn't have gone 4-6 in our last ten games??  What a stupid comment.  Our chemsitry is fine, it's our offense!!  Ask yourself that!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Agreed Hedley, the endless speculation and second guessing posts by Lakers fans are garbage. Perkins is out for the season, his new injury wouldve happened here AND we would have lost him as a FA and not acquired Kristic and Green. Ainge preserved the franchise, period. Perk LOVES OKC NOW, he is signed to a high dollar contract. Our team has great prospects in playoffs IF Rondo comes back to form and Shaq plays basketball this year. GO CELTICS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If its the sensitivity to trading Perk away thats causing this team to play like this, then who gives a s***?? They should be rolling all over the floor in uncontrollable giddiness for making millions & being a celeb around the world for playing a kids game. 

When one of them says  "Aw shucks, Im giving back my $10mil and not playing cause my boyfriend Perk was traded"... then you'll get my attention.  What a load of BS!

The trade is a good one for Boston.. it may even be a good one for the Thunder too... Green is more than we could have hoped for as a replacement for Pierce and Kristic is far superior to Perk in almost every aspect other than 1on1 defense and pushing other players around in the lane.

DA did the right thing getting 2 real good players instead of waiting for Perk to bolt after the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Wait..... Nope still no...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

contract shmontract...do ya want to win a championship or don't ya?...horrific trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Another Laker fan enlightening celtic fans with their knowledge. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you guys ready to admit that the Kendrick Perkins trade was a BAD idea? : So, you're cool with Shaq having his lakers jersey retired?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Never had a problem with it...  he was a Lakers great he should have his jersey retire here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]If its the sensitivity to trading Perk away thats causing this team to play like this, then who gives a s***?? They should be rolling all over the floor in uncontrollable giddiness for making millions & being a celeb around the world for playing a kids game.  When one of them says  "Aw shucks, Im giving back my $10mil and not playing cause my boyfriend Perk was traded"... then you'll get my attention.  What a load of BS! The trade is a good one for Boston.. it may even be a good one for the Thunder too... Green is more than we could have hoped for as a replacement for Pierce and Kristic is far superior to Perk in almost every aspect other than 1on1 defense and pushing other players around in the lane. DA did the right thing getting 2 real good players instead of waiting for Perk to bolt after the season.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

it's a gamble no doubt about it. but here are the facts. 

with the big 4 plus Shaq the celtics are almost plus 19.

With the big four plus Perk. The celtics around plus 11.

with the big four plus Jermaine Oneil celtics plus 7 (keep in mind in those games JO had a knee injury, he is no longer dealing with.)

With the big four plus nenad krystic the celtics are plus 1.

So the big reason we have been struggling? Krystic isn't as good as perk. Shaq is better when he plays and Jermaine Oneil has been closer but injured. The fate of the trade rests on the playoff health og the oneils.

Green has been dissapointing so far though. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

1. Perk was going to be injured for 3 WEEKS when the trade was made. So for those three weeks. HOW MUCH MORE GROUND WOULD BOSTON HAVE LOST?.......
    2. PERK was dominated by howard and bynum this season. The shaq erden jo trio was better than perk and sheed. With a healthy shaq who can play 15 min, kristic 15..JO 12 min. We are better than perk.
    3. THIS SEASON THE CS didnt have perk and won more games than last year.
    4. This you cant change the chemistry argument is stupid. BECAUSE MARQUIS WAS OUT FOR THE YEAR. and perk was injured and your back up center SEMI had injury issues and NATE was not playing well as the back up pg.
    5. This trade was the right thing to do. PErk was not better than bill russell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"How does Perk help the team when defense isn't the problem?"

This is going to be a tough one for some of you to wrap your head around, but the Perk trade seems to have effected the chemistry and morale of the team. Believe it or not, that chemistry carries over to the offensive side of the ball as well. 

Ha-ha!  seems to me that our chemistry comes and goes according to what type of team we play and the talent they have.  How did our chemistry look against the Spurs??   Thank You.  You guys got all bent out of the shape when actually the c's were just taking some games off and playing down to their competition , but a little rest, PRACTICE and an elite team seems to have brought this newfound chemistry out of thin air.  Its called cruise control!  Stop with the Perk crap already...the guy played in 12 games this year...even less then JON.!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

still like the trade.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

True words JTKL, the fate of the Perk trade rests on the playoff health of the O'Neals.  If they are healthy this team will hardly miss Perk.  If they lose and get dominated in the paint because the O'Neals can't contribute that much, Ainge will get widely panned. 

I like Green for what he brings and for his future potential, but without the O'Neals on the court this team will be hard pressed to get out of the east and Ainge will be blamed, rightly or wrongly, for trading a key part of a championship contender.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm reading in many posts that defense is not our problem.  It was said we needed offense and Jeff Green is the big plum in the trade to hopefully provide that.  However, we lost Game #7 last year not only because of disparity in fouls but we were out rebounded and without Perk and only lost by 4 points. One of the reasons given for so many fouls was that we were tired and grabbing. The big 3 won 2 years before but in 2010 they were 2 years older. I'm hoping that 2010 was not their last hurrah. But now they are even one more year older so I would not have traded Perkins. Keep in mind we did not trade him because we acquired JON first & then Shaq. We got them because Perk was injured and recovering. So, we could have kept ALL THREE !!! Jeff Green fine for the future but with big 3 now 3 years older than when we won, this was the year to go after # 18 with Perkins and we wouldn't have been so desperate worrying about the health of Shaq. Deal with Perk's contract after the title & if he left or we wished him to leave, start our rebuilding program & maybe go after Jeff Green for 2012.  How many more productive years do you think we have from the Big 3.

Let me address comments about our defense is OK but our offense is not.  Painful, as I live in SF(former New Englander) &  watch more Golden State games vs Lakers who usually win, to type the following as I am a long time Celtic fan going back to Cousy/Sharman days & I hate the Lakers.

How about stats in Game 7. Want to see evidence of poor offense. Lakers shot 32.5% ( we did a bit better 40.8%). Their guy who walks on water, Avatar Kobe shot a pathetic 25% (6 for 24). Even with the disparity in foul shots of 37 to 17, they made 25 or 67.6% while our 15 was 88.2% of the meager 17 we were awarded. With 20 more foul shots they only got 10 more points and for an NBA champion to shoot 50% only of the extra gifts is pathetic. But, losing by 13 points, the Lakers  scored 30 points in the fourth and only made 6 of 16 ( 12 points) but with 21 foul shots---remember we only got 17 for the whole game---they got an extra 16 points to make the 30. And to think we only lost by 4 pts. I'm still sick about this robbery !!!

But, now to the point of despite the Lakers' poor offense, they won. Their Offensive rebounds were 23 vs our 8 and Defensive were 30 vs our 32 so they totaled 53 to our 40 or 13 more. Do you not think if we had Perkins for Game 7 we would have had more rebounds. Their 23-8 or +15 offensive rebounds despite their poor shooting allowed 1-2 extra shots. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Fisher are not going to miss 2-3 in a row. Wouldn't we like Allen, Pierce & Garnett extra shots ?

If a team can hit 50% outside the paint, there are only 1/2 as many rebounds to worry about. And we shot well in other games. I mean Allen broke the record for 3s in game 2 but in game 7 I think he only shot 3 for 14 or 21%. I mean just 1-2 more baskets & we'd have probably won & with extra rebounds, he'd have had the chance.

So, and I'm not trying to be a Monday morning quarterback but I think we should have kept Perkins & gone after # 18 this year. And with JON & Shaq too we would not need worry about one fouling out. Ok, hope Shaq returns healthy & JON gets more & more into retuning to play productively both on offense & defense.

AVANTI CELTICS !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is an excellent post.  I do believe that most of the good points you made actually support the trade.  Your idealogy assumes that we would have gotten more calls had Perk been in the game, which I dont believe is true.  YOu also overstate Perks rebounding ability.  Truth is Sheed was a better rebounder at that point last year and you can say that Perk would have been in the paint more, but the whole series he had been outmatched by Bynum and was really just on the court to help K.G. defend Gasol.  I think Perk would have given us a better chance on the boards, but when you give up 21 boards on offense, you cant put that on one player.  The Lakers were able to shoot poorly from the field and from the line due to the huge disparity by the refs at home,. and so even with Perk the refs would have determined it, and if anything Jeff Green give you that 4 points off the bench with fresh legs in the 4th.  I just feel the 4 points were left offensively, not defensively and having Perk, (a non offensive threat) wouldnt have changed it.  If Danny and Doc really believed in what they said about the starting 5, then why trade him?   Because that was some B.S. Doc made up to discredit the Lakers win, cuz telling the truth about the refs would cost him $$ and mentioning the rebounding is admitting you were outhustled...IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Perkins averaged 7.6 Reb's a game in 2010.  L.A. had 3 players with better numbers and 2 of them were forwards, Gasol(11.2) and one was a bench player , Odom(9.8), and Bynum had 8.4  - I just dont see what Perk would have done on the boards, when 3 players on L.A. were better rebounders. 

If you look at this year, Perk isnt in the top 20 of centers in terms of defense and rebounding.

Perk is also 6'10.  He was outmatched with the 7 footers in there, hence the reason we got Shaq, JON,  2 bigger , longer bodies to help out. The numbers you provided unfortunately paint a picture of the Refs controlling the game to determine a lakers win, but thats blaspemy on these boards so I'll leave that alone...but we all know why we lost, and it wasnt because of Perk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I still don't like the trade but what could we do about it Perk didn't want to stay here so moving on we have to use what we have and continue to play better down the stretch

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Since the trade the team has been awful.  Might have something to do with the trade.