Are You Kidding me????? Best Center possibly....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Are You Kidding me????? Best Center possibly....

yeah thats a ridiculous argument...i mean david robinson is 10 X the center bynum ever will be and robinson isnt near the best ever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They are going on and on...blah blah blah...

Andrew is the proto-typical center this and that....Good grief!!!! 

Tune in and listen to this crap....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He doesn't seem to have the drive and he can't stay healthy.  That's not to say he can't be a dominant center, he could do that if he stays healthy.  But he's not an elite guy based on what I've seen, which is admittedly not enough to really understand his game. 

With the kind of injuries he's had at his age it would make me nervous if I was a GM contemplating a long term commitment for his next contract.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Career stats 10 pts and 7 rebounds.   Only in LALA land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Lakers better hope Bynum can turn out to be the FIFTH best center IN LAKERS HISTORY behind Kareem, Shaq, Wilt and George Mikan (Minneapolis Lakers).

We all know that possessing the physical tools means nothing if he cannot stay on the court and eventually flourish there.  Right now, he has yet to fulfill that expectation.

My prediction -- Bynum will get traded before he has an opportunity to become a great center in LA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The best laker's center againts Perk ---oh boy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The LA hype machine is even effecting these idiots on 710.  They are doing this because the big propaganda machine (Laker management) is working overtime to get rid of this stiff.  Bynum will be gone for someone like Chris Paul soon enough all with Stern' s fingerprints (the league already took over the Hornets)all over it.  This is called the Laker welfare plan.   Designed to bail them out when the league sees it most profitable franchise ready to tank.  I wish there was something that could be done to stop Stern but he is one of the most corrupt CEO's we have seen. Mark my words is it will happen by the deadline.  Artest may be gone as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Kidding me????? Best Center possibly....:
    [QUOTE]The LA hype machine is even effecting these idiots on 710.  They are doing this because the big propaganda machine (Laker management) is working overtime to get rid of this stiff.  Bynum will be gone for someone like Chris Paul soon enough all with Stern' s fingerprints (the league already took over the Hornets)all over it.  This is called the Laker welfare plan.   Designed to bail them out when the league sees it most profitable franchise ready to tank.  I wish there was something that could be done to stop Stern but he is one of the most corrupt CEO's we have seen. Mark my words is it will happen by the deadline.  Artest may be gone as well. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

yeah...like how they acquired gasol?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wow, yeah ok! Weed is legal in California now isn't it??

They should've done the Bosh for Bynum deal straight up when it was on the table.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers better hope Bynum can turn out to be the FIFTH best center IN LAKERS HISTORY behind Kareem, Shaq, Wilt and George Mikan (Minneapolis Lakers). We all know that possessing the physical tools means nothing if he cannot stay on the court and eventually flourish there.  Right now, he has yet to fulfill that expectation. My prediction -- Bynum will get traded before he has an opportunity to become a great center in LA.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Please don't tell me he goes for Chris Paul. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Are You Kidding me????? Best Center possibly....:
    [QUOTE]The goof balls on 710 ESPN is trying to make a claim that Andrew Bynum has the potential to be the best center ever because... 1. He is a true 7 footer9not 6'10" or 6'11") 2. He's close to 300lbs 3. Can pass 4. Can score 5. Can shoot free throws I can't believe the argument this guy is trying make.  It is all a big IF, because Bynum cant stay healthy. Best center of all time is BILL RUSSELL....count the rings!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I agree that there is no parallel between Bynum and Russell, whether Bynum stays healthy for the rest of his career or not.  With that said, rings don't make the player the greatest ever.  It's a combination of individual success, team success, and knowledge of the game.  Russell had all of these attributes as he put up fall of fame numbers, won rings, and coached after retirement.  Bynum will never meet the individual achievements so long as Kobe is his SG and taking 25+ shots per game.  The only stat he may excel in is rebounding since no. 24 can't seem to shoot over 50% FG lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

... and here I thought that Fox Sports was the official Laker website.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, yeah ok! Weed is legal in California now isn't it?? They should've done the Bosh for Bynum deal straight up when it was on the table.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

i wish they did. kg makes bosh eat his expired breakfest everytime they meet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They only do this to create exactly this type of discussion.  I watched it, too, and they're just talking heads.  I highly, highly doubt that any of them is doing anything but following a script.  Otherwise, they never saw Wilt, Russell or Kareem play this game.  Bynum's a great player, but he could not even carry their gymbags.  Any Laker fan who says that Bynum is better than Kareem is a pie-eyed optimist.  Not even close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Umbutu,
    Read my post, am I paranoid to think the league taking over the franchise Chris Paul is on will conspire to send him to LA for overrated injury prone stiff like Bynum. When they already did in 2008 for Gasol.  No way I am, it is coming and it really pisses me off.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Umbutu, Read my post, am I paranoid to think the league taking over the franchise Chris Paul is on will conspire to send him to LA for overrated injury prone stiff like Bynum. When they already did in 2008 for Gasol.  No way I am, it is coming and it really pisses me off.  

If this happens I may quit the NBA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rip157. Show rip157's posts

they traded 2 first round picks, rights to marc gasol, kwame brown, aaron mckie and jaravis crittenton to grizzlies. the lakers did not go over the cap so thats why its not an illegal trade and the only person to blame for that trade is the gm of the grizzlies for doing it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rip157. Show rip157's posts

[QUOTE]Umbutu, Read my post, am I paranoid to think the league taking over the franchise Chris Paul is on will conspire to send him to LA for overrated injury prone stiff like Bynum. When they already did in 2008 for Gasol.  No way I am, it is coming and it really pisses me off.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE] you are dumb man chris paul is not going to LA and you talk about the gasol trade what about the ray allen trade, the celtics got the better end of that trade

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

No, he's not the best centre. Originally I thought I read Andrew BOGUT. And thought yeah, that's possible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers better hope Bynum can turn out to be the FIFTH best center IN LAKERS HISTORY behind Kareem, Shaq, Wilt and George Mikan (Minneapolis Lakers).
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Vlade Divac was a better play than Bynum is. So in my mind Andrew is behind Divac on that list of Lakers centers. Mychal Thompson played some Centre as well and he was a good player as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rip157. Show rip157's posts

im not a laker fan but andrew bynum is only 23 and only his 6th year in the league and im not saying bynum is great but he is not overrated hes a good young player who is injury-prone right now and look at zydrunas ilgauskas, through his first 5 seasons played in only 173 games out 460 games after that the next six seasons played in 75 or more games. so saying bynum is going to be outof the league is dumb

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are You Kidding me????? Best Center possibly.... : I guess you clowns are forgetting that he's barely 21 and still filling out his body. There's a REASON Mitch Kupchak wasn't going to trade him for Jason Kidd like Kobe wanted him to. And if he does live up to his potential, he CAN become the next dominant center.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Relax Qdaddy, February is still 3 weeks away. That's usually the time when Bynum gets hurt, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rip, 
    I may be dumb, but not quite as dumb as you.  Ray 32 years old at the time was traded along with the Sonics 2nd round pick for Boston's fifth choice in the 2007 draft and Delonte West and Wally Sczerbiack.  Hardly Kwame Brown for Gasol.  And why don't we wait to see if the stiff Bynum is traded for Paul. We still have over a month and a half.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Vlade better than Bynum is a stretch. Perhaps when Vlade was playing his best and Bynum was at his worst, but overall I don't think Vlade was much more than a journeyman and Bynum still has enormous upside.