Are you still Scared???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Are you still Scared???

What a difference a week makes.  I just wanna give a shout out to all the faithful that stayed positive and stuck with this team through the tough times.  The real fans who can remember what this team has done in the last 3 plus years , giving this orginization life again and always fighting to the end.

I never waivered from how I felt about this team, because they have too much character, heart and fight between the big 4 to be derailed by a struggling bench, or ever changing roster, or critizism from fans and media.  All I have heard the last 2 months is how the trade is a failure and we hadnt even played  a playoff game yet.  This team is built for championships...but people needed to see a blowout every night in the regular season in order to believe.  I know there were some positive people and I want to thank them.

Right now we are the 1st team to sweep.  We have looked dominant on the road the last 2 games. Chicago and Miami are both now in a dogfight after not bieng able to close out lesser teams in Indy and Philly.  Who knows how hard they have to work now to get out alive.  Chicago has not dominated one game yet, despite getting great performances from Rose.  He turned his ankle and turned into a jump shooter.  The heat are being exposed as havign a bad team defense and cant defend the 3 point line.

Oh, and the Spurs...well, they may be mentioned mext week or they could be fishing.  The Lake show......pfffff!  They are in a dogfigth 2-2, and I wont bring up the thread saying the Lakers would lose this one...but I may in a couple days....This is looking nothing like everyone said it would...i wonder what happened?  Same thing been happening the last 3 years....we have stepped up our game up when it counted most, like I knew we would

Im gonna ask a big favor from everyone here..no b.s.

lets kill the "perk was a bad trade" talk until the season is over and only bring it up again if we dont make the finals...jeeesh.

Lets stop comparing Jefff Green to every other reserve player after every decent game.  We have our team! It wont be changing during the playoffs..  Stand up with your team and show some support and love.  Once again everyone has to reevauate predictions and the flip floppers like C.C. are out again..thumping their chest saying, i knew it.  We know better. I have read everyones post' the last couple months...and now they wanna change up.

Sooo, once again, I will ask...  Who are we supposed to be scared of?  Maimi, Chicago, L.A., or the Spurs?  or will it be OKC now....lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Are you still Scared???

Scared only of ourselves, really, and if we can stay HEALTHY and focused.

I think a lot of the angst and worry at the end of the regular season was down to expectations that this team wasn't playing to their potential and needed to step up.  Perk was gone but, for me at least, it was just unacceptable that he alone was considered responsible for the downward spiral - what about the 4 all-stars on the team?

Just as it's proven, by the 1st round at least, that the Celts should not be taken lightly, I think it may be just as dangerous to go the other extreme and expect them to march their way to the Finals easily.  One game at a time, one quarter at a time, just focus and close the games out.  This isn't a team that's going to blow opponents out by 15-20 pts on a regular basis but when it comes down to the grind and the clutch, we need the players, and all their veteran experience, to pull through.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think people should realize in the playoffs, you can always end up in a dogfight.  I dont discount those  2 wins at home...because really the starters played well enough to win...but had to battle back because of the bench.  We won the game due to better execution down the stretch.  This is why I like our chances.  We execute the best when the game is on the line.    Same way Chicago has beaten Indy with late execution but Indy has really controlled the whole series, IMO.   Hopefully that one win will allow them to stay in this...more games for heat and bulls, the better for us..So far so good...we get a week rest for an older team waiting for Shaq to return...if a week aint good enough for Shaq, I say be done and move on...JON is playing great right now....We will go as far as jermaines body can take us at this point...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Are you still Scared???:
    [QUOTE]Scared only of ourselves, really, and if we can stay HEALTHY and focused. I think a lot of the angst and worry at the end of the regular season was down to expectations that this team wasn't playing to their potential and needed to step up.  Perk was gone but, for me at least, it was just unacceptable that he alone was considered responsible for the downward spiral - what about the 4 all-stars on the team? Just as it's proven, by the 1st round at least, that the Celts should not be taken lightly, I think it may be just as dangerous to go the other extreme and expect them to march their way to the Finals easily.  One game at a time, one quarter at a time, just focus and close the games out.  This isn't a team that's going to blow opponents out by 15-20 pts on a regular basis but when it comes down to the grind and the clutch, we need the players, and all their veteran experience, to pull through.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Its gonna be a tougher road from here on out...but we have already helped ourselves by being the only team in the east to sweep 1st round.  The rest wont hurt us, because we are older and know how to win and utilize extra time w/ practice  which we still need for the bench.    Basically we can win it all with this current team, but getting back Shaq would make it easier...