ARITCLE ON CSNNE RE: INJURIES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re: ARITCLE ON CSNNE RE: INJURIES

Great article...solid analysis... I'm sure the Rondo fans will look at this as an attack but it's not...try to stay objective as you read it, it makes a whole bunch of sense no matter what option you choose...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

That columnist is clearly a Rondo hater.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Nothing that hasn't already been discussed on this message board. No new news here. I like having Rondo in a C's uniform, but I don't see this article as an attack on him or his fans. It's just stating the obvious options and possibilities. I'm all for improving this franchise 1st and foremost. The problem I have with this article is that he sounds like he's saying the reason we traded Perk was to get a small forward replacement for Daniels. "?" Is that what he's saying? Is that why that trade was made? Cause the way I remember it, we weren't going to have the kind of $$$ to resign Perk, so Ainge had to try to get something in return, or let him walk. "?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Nothing that hasn't already been discussed on this message board. No new news here. I like having Rondo in a C's uniform, but I don't see this article as an attack on him or his fans. It's just stating the obvious options and possibilities. I'm all for improving this franchise 1st and foremost. The problem I have with this article is that he sounds like he's saying the reason we traded Perk was to get a small forward replacement for Daniels. "?" Is that what he's saying? Is that why that trade was made? Cause the way I remember it, we weren't going to have the kind of $$$ to resign Perk, so Ainge had to try to get something in return, or let him walk. "?"

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

+1 to what DrBoogiebone said.

Also, the author missed on a few very important factors.

First and foremost, DA has to determine if RR is capable and willing to be "Da Man"

In order to trade RR DA has to showcase him first.

Well, it's the "deadest" time of the basketball season, so articles like that are nickel a dozen.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

+1 to what DrBoogiebone said.

Also, the author missed on a few very important factors.

First and foremost, DA has to determine if RR is capable and willing to be "Da Man"

In order to trade RR DA has to showcase him first.

Well, it's the "deadest" time of the basketball season, so articles like that are nickel a dozen.

AK

Having watched R9R play for the better part of 7 seasons, DA knows good and well if Rondo is capable of and willing to be "Da Man."  He's known for some time.

We all know too.

The notion that Rondo STILL needs to be "showcased" at this point in his career in order to be traded speaks volumes about the weakness in the market for Rondo's all too unique talents.

Other GM's know Rondo very well too. Considering his 7 year track record in the league, he's a know quantity.... good, bad and ugly.

Only an "extreme makeover", not "showcasing" has the possibilities, however unlikely,  of moving the needle a bit  and increasing R9R's value as trade bait.

Like Dahmer in the slammer, Rondo  bees Rondo.... and that ain't changing a hair.

Pud 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Yes. we weren't going to be able to resign Perk at a reasonable cost, but the timing of the trade had everything to do with Daniels going down, and for exactly the reason stated.  I've been reminding people of this every time someone says "Why did we trade Perk?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Pud,

I am not a DA's confidant, therefore I don't know what he knows or thinks. If you are such a person or you are DA himself (highly doubtful for both) - then, I guess, your statement " DA knows good and well if Rondo is capable of and willing to be "Da Man."  He's known for some time. " is correct.

But I doubt that DA can answer "can RR be da man" question with certainty. RR has never been in a position of a core player that a team is built around. There always were PP and KG around. Therefore DA needs to see him in that role to be able to answer it.

As for "showcasing" RR, I meant that RR has to play and show that his injury is behind him and he's at or near the level he was before it. Otherwise DA will have to sell him short. Makes no sense.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The timing had just as much to do with perk going down and we needed a body for center.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Pud,

I am not a DA's confidant, therefore I don't know what he knows or thinks. If you are such a person or you are DA himself (highly doubtful for both) - then, I guess, your statement " DA knows good and well if Rondo is capable of and willing to be "Da Man."  He's known for some time. " is correct.

But I doubt that DA can answer "can RR be da man" question with certainty. RR has never been in a position of a core player that a team is built around. There always were PP and KG around. Therefore DA needs to see him in that role to be able to answer it.

As for "showcasing" RR, I meant that RR has to play and show that his injury is behind him and he's at or near the level he was before it. Otherwise DA will have to sell him short. Makes no sense.

AK

Makes plenty of sense if Rondo founders upon his return.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

That columnist is clearly a Rondo hater.  

Nice way to reinforce that stupid sniffer/hater dichotomy(as if you're above it)

Actions speak louder than words...Foot in Mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

I sorta thought that once the Rondo Youth Brigade saw the article they'd go a little nutty:

But instead you got the same two oddballs with a Rondo obsession writing the same thing about Rondo that they have written in 90 percent of their posts.

This board is dead. The only people that hang out here are lunatics and the people that come here to make fun of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I sorta thought that once the Rondo Youth Brigade saw the article they'd go a little nutty:

But instead you got the same two oddballs with a Rondo obsession writing the same thing about Rondo that they have written in 90 percent of their posts.

This board is dead. The only people that hang out here are lunatics and the people that come here to make fun of them.

Yes but spuds like you so easily take the bait, don't you.....

We'll put him comfortably, yet firmly in the lunatic column(not too tight now)...
    Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You guys still havent figured out that I dont mean anything I say.

I even tell you that and you still cant grasp it.

it is fabulous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Incognitacious' comment:

[QUOTE]

You guys still havent figured out that I dont mean anything I say.

I even tell you that and you still cant grasp it.

it is fabulous.

The only appropriate response to you is -

HERP DERP

[/QUOTE]

HA-HA-HA....I gotta keep this one........ LMFAO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

SNAKE, so you're just someone who likes to hang out at the funny farm to make fun of the crazy folks. OK, YOUR NOT REALLY PART OF THE ASYLUM, YOU JUST VISIT FOR "FUN". OK, WE GET IT. Oh, if you need a pillow, its over there on YOUR VISITING BUNK BED. Uh-ha.......alright......ok.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

SNAKE, so you're just someone who likes to hang out at the funny farm to make fun of the crazy folks. OK, YOUR NOT REALLY PART OF THE ASYLUM, YOU JUST VISIT FOR "FUN". OK, WE GET IT. Oh, if you need a pillow, its over there on YOUR VISITING BUNK BED. Uh-ha.......alright......ok.......

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...lmfao...see you met my cousin "incognitacious"...LMFAO..good to see you man!!!

[/QUOTE]

See, dudes like you keep me here man. You bring laughs!!! I'm telllin ya! Some other folks, if they couldn't hide? I'd be playing cards with AH! Nawwww, I ain't crazy....