Arrogant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Arrogant

In Response to Re: Arrogant:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : I guess that eastern education isn't worth much. Your math is off. The Lakers, as has been pointed out so often, own 16 titles. The Raiders 2. And of course you didn't want to include any college championships because your city has nothing more than a few Hockey titles.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

That's true Q. But weren't they talking about titles won in Los Angeles itself?

Using the Minnesota titles in LA, you have to concede the Raiders titles to the city of Oakland.

They were won in Los Angeles. But the team and franchise history is back in Oakland so they now 'own' the titles. Like LA 'owns' the Minneapolis titles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : I guess that eastern education isn't worth much. Your math is off. The Lakers, as has been pointed out so often, own 16 titles. The Raiders 2. And of course you didn't want to include any college championships because your city has nothing more than a few Hockey titles.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Again  this was Titles attributed to the city of LA  not the titles that came with the teams that moved there. The lakers have had 11 parades in your city.
    END 
    Did you guys hold 5 parades when the Lakers moved there I think not

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Consider also in that list of championships. Los Angeles is a far bigger with many more franchises that have never won anything.  Two basketball teams (Lakers and Clippers). Two baseball teams(Dodgers and Angels).  They had two pro football teams(Rams and Raiders) and two hockey teams(KIngs and Mighty Ducks).  Even with several more pro franchises they cannot even come close to competing. You bring these things up Q and really dig yourself deeper and deeper.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Please! Didn't the Sox go 100 years without a title?! Now all of a sudden, you guys make yourselves out to be the greatest baseball franchise in history. Sorry, that's not YOU guys...it's the Yankees, a team in your own division.

And how many years did the C's go being irrelevant?...and the Bruins?! Your won pro sports team that can even be mentioned as elite is the Pats...and they needed help with the "tuck rule" to start that off.

And once again, none of you even want to discuss college sports, since your city is Division III (at least it seems like it).

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

El Segundo Community College is offering a new class.
    How to use other cities championships to win a argument.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, here's an idea. Lets do a tally on the number of Nobel Prizes earned by people in LA compared to Boston. Maybe that will settle this childish accounting game.
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]

Better be careful since there are a LOT of famous alumni from L.A. who can MORE than hold their own. I don't think you want to go there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]What happened to that "We can be arrogant." speech, Qdaddy? 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

How am I doing Sybil?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : You don't care about college sports because, basically the city of Boston SUCKS at college athletics.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Isn't that because most kids go to Boston for an education, not to play collegiate sport at highest level. Said it before but education is far more important than running a football or scoring a basket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]A fan has no real right to be arrogant due to a team that they support has a lot of success. I don't get why it would be the case. The arrogrance belongs to the players who have played a part in the success, not the fans.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I thought the woman's perspective would be. Why don't you sit this one out and let the big boy's finish this discussion.

Oh, that kinda sounded sexist...didn't it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

LA wins the argument they have the most traffic jams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : That's kind of what I thought the woman's perspective would be. Why don't you sit this one out and let the big boy's finish this discussion. Oh, that kinda sounded sexist...didn't it?
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Why do you have to resort to that Q? I thought you were better than that.

But it's true. A fan buys a drink, a hotdog, shirts and whatever. They support the team, but really have no part in the teams actual on field/court/ice success.

Perhaps some influence in the officiating of a game but that's seriously debatable.

Only arrogance belongs to the players who win the championship. And then that arrogance should only stay on the field/court/ice where it truly belongs. Because in the real world that sort of attitude is a bore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : Isn't that because most kids go to Boston for an education, not to play collegiate sport at highest level. Said it before but education is far more important than running a football or scoring a basket.

So why can't you do both and be successful at both? USC is a private school and one of the finest and with many alumni who have contributed to society in many ways outside of sports. They count astronauts, generals, Oscar winning actors, Nobel laureates, Rhodes Scholars and politicians among their alumni. In addition, there has been at least one gold medal winning USC athlete at every Olympics since about 1912.

I fully agree that education more important. In LA, we just happen to have the best of both worlds. That's NOT Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

You are always welcome to post You are articulate and actually make a point when you post pleasure reading your comments.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Harvard,  MIT, Tuft,s BC, BU, Northeatern, U Mass, Berklee, Northeastern and many more but that would be trump.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : Why do you have to resort to that Q? I thought you were better than that. But it's true. A fan buys a drink, a hotdog, shirts and whatever. They support the team, but really have no part in the teams actual on field/court/ice success. Perhaps some influence in the officiating of a game but that's seriously debatable. Only arrogance belongs to the players who win the championship. And then that arrogance should only stay on the field/court/ice where it truly belongs. Because in the real world that sort of attitude is a bore.

You're right RU. That was uncalled for. Now I've lowered myself to Sybil's level. My apologies.

But, men and boys tend to live through their sports teams. My wife could care less about the teams that I support and in all honesty, most women don't get into supporting sports teams the way that you and Ms Lith do.

Although I support the Lakers and other LA area teams, I won't be crushed if they don't win a title. The way I see it, the sun will still come up, the birds will still be singing and I'll still have a job. Then I'll start looking forward to the next season, be it baseball, college football, basketball or whatever.

Some of the folks on this forum will be crushed if the C's don't win it all. And then they'll have to contend with the coming "dark days" because of Danny Ainge's mishandling of the team. I feel confident that Dr. Buss and Mitch Kupchak will do whatever is necessary to keep the Lakers at a championship level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : So why can't you do both and be successful at both? USC is a private school and one of the finest and with many alumni who have contributed to society in many ways outside of sports. They count astronauts, generals, Oscar winning actors, Nobel laureates, Rhodes Scholars and politicians among their alumni. In addition, there has been at least one gold medal winning USC athlete at every Olympics since about 1912. I fully agree that education more important. In LA, we just happen to have the best of both worlds. That's NOT Boston.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I guess I was generalising a bit with that comment in regards to student/athletes.

Actors and entertainers are one thing. Was looking at the Alumni who have graduated from USC. Some impressive names there.

LA schools have had some good student/athletes who have really earned that title. Kareem and Bill Walton come immediately to mind.

The main basis for me is a school is doing well is how many students are actually graduating and where they end up after graduation.

Was more thinking of the player that goes to UNC or any other BIG sports college/university and plays basketball for 1 or two years and then jumps to the NBA. Not saying that they're not a good student. But they're not really there to earn a degree.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

1. John Adams
    2. John Quincy Adams
    3. Rutherford B. Hayes
    4. Theodore Roosevelt
    5. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
    6. John F. Kennedy 
    7. George Walker Bush
    8. Barack Obama

Harvard Grads

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : You're right RU. That was uncalled for. Now I've lowered myself to Sybil's level. My apologies. But, men and boys tend to live through their sports teams. My wife could care less about the teams that I support and in all honesty, most women don't get into supporting sports teams the way that you and Ms Lith do. Although I support the Lakers and other LA area teams, I won't be crushed if they don't win a title. The way I see it, the sun will still come up, the birds will still be singing and I'll still have a job. Then I'll start looking forward to the next season, be it baseball, college football, basketball or whatever. Some of the folks on this forum will be crushed if the C's don't win it all. And then they'll have to contend with the coming "dark days" because of Danny Ainge's mishandling of the team. I feel confident that Dr. Buss and Mitch Kupchak will do whatever is necessary to keep the Lakers at a championship level.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Thanks Q appology accepted Laughing

You said it all when you said it. Health, happy home and job security is what is most important.

I love my teams, only ask that they play hard and when they win a title it's absolutely grand. Have to admit I am riding an a bit of a roller coaster with the Canucks at the moment. Really want them to win so badly, we're so close this season will be terrible if we lose, only because we've never won a Stanley Cup.

You hit on what set the Lakers apart from other NBA teams. Exceptional management which has been a staple since 1979. Stable ownership and a good climate to live in if you don't like snow. LA has it's bad points but I think it's an easy sell to an athlete.

I think this current era is rapidly coming to an end for us Jackson retiring is a massive loss and he really does keep the team focused. I think the Celtics are in the same situation we are. However I really do think we'll be back as a serious contender and hopefully there won't be a 12 year wait between championships for us again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]1. John Adams 2. John Quincy Adams 3. Rutherford B. Hayes 4. Theodore Roosevelt 5. Franklin Delano Roosevelt 6. John F. Kennedy  7. George Walker Bush 8. Barack Obama Harvard Grads
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Why is it think of the Quincy theme when I read John Quincy Adams?.

Could have almost had a 9th name on that list if Robert Kennedy hadn't been assassinated. Frown

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I am a very big fan of the Adams Historical Tree. Amazing what his wife did in helping to form our goverment. She was the most influential 1st Lady.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Harvard,  MIT, Tuft,s BC, BU, Northeatern, U Mass, Berklee, Northeastern and many more but that would be trump.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Impressive. But you have to bring all that against ONE private university...and USC still holds their own against them academically AND athletically.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think USC is a great School but REALLY?