Arroyo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Arroyo

He has a measured consistency that really helps this Celtic team.  He can hit open shots and find the open man.  He handles the ball well and should give Rondo a real break the next twenty or so games.

Good move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Arroyo

I like his hustle and court sense. He is going to be a bonus. He is playing very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Arroyo:
    [QUOTE]He has a measured consistency that really helps this Celtic team.  He can hit open shots and find the open man.  He handles the ball well and should give Rondo a real break the next twenty or so games. Good move.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! He should have been Scal's replacement as the #1 cheerleader on the bench, but Delonte out with an injury gave Arroyo the break he needed.

And to think some of the posters here said, "NO to Arroyo!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Arroyo is a harnose player and is going to make Miami pay for letting him go for Bibby. Krystic Green and Arroyo are three things we needed at the deadline. Green filling the lane on the break. Krystic rebounding and scoring off the bench. Arroyo is all grit and composure. His best asset is he plays within his self.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

DWest, Wafer and Pavlovic have their work cut out for them.

On a different note, so does JON, if Murph plays like this.

My playoff roster TODAY - subject to change -
    RR
    RA
    PP
    KG
    Shaq

Arroyo
    Pav
    Green
    BBD
    Krstic

DWest and Murph!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Arroyo:
    [QUOTE]Arroyo is a harnose player and is going to make Miami pay for letting him go for Bibby. Krystic Green and Arroyo are three things we needed at the deadline. Green filling the lane on the break. Krystic rebounding and scoring off the bench. Arroyo is all grit and composure. His best asset is he plays within his self.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Green, Krstic, and Arroyo were the players the Celts needed after the break. Miami's garbage is Boston's treasure.

With Green and Krstic playing well the signing of Troy Murphy is not a deal breaker anymore. Fans here were very worried about the frontcourt depth after Perk and Semih got traded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]DWest, Wafer and Pavlovic have their work cut out for them. On a different note, so does JON, if Murph plays like this. My playoff roster TODAY - subject to change - RR RA PP KG Shaq Arroyo Pav Green BBD Krstic DWest and Murph!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Most probably Doc will be using a 9-man rotation in the playoffs. BBD, Green, Krstic, and West are the top 4 players off the bench IMO.

15th man - Bradley
    14th man - JO if not healthy or Wafer if JO is healthy
    13th man - Pavlovic
    12th man - Arroyo
    11th man - Murphy if JO is not healthy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arroyo : You are correct. Green, Krstic, and Arroyo were the players the Celts needed after the break. Miami's garbage is Boston's treasure. With Green and Krstic playing well the signing of Troy Murphy is not a deal breaker anymore. Fans here were very worried about the frontcourt depth after Perk and Semih got traded.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Now all we gotta do is convince CheChe Arroyo is not garbage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

who cares what he believes?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

he's a very risk averse player. consistently leading or nearly leading the league in assist/turnover ratio. exactly what we need to settle our bench, which is full of energy/hustle players.

that said, I would prefer d-west every time once he returns, purely because arroyo is a liability on defense. hopefully (like krstic) he can show a lot of improvement at that end of the floor

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Arroyo has done very well.  The Head didn't use him right because Lebron had the ball all the time and tried to turn Arroyo into a strictly spot up shooter.  Not the right role.   He's a good addition for the Celts.

Murphy played very well tonight.  I'm not, however, sold that JON has any trouble with Murphy as competition for the playoff roster.  We will need bigs inside and defense and I don't see Murphy as competitive with JON on that front.  Issue will, however, be JON's health.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Arroyo is like the anti-rondo.  Which is nice to have.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bradley looks like a lost pick.  At 6-2 how can he ever find a role in the NBA.  He is ball handling skills are horrendous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley looks like a lost pick.  At 6-2 how can he ever find a role in the NBA.  He is ball handling skills are horrendous.

He was the number 2 high school prospect in the country.  How will he eveer find a role in the NBA?  The same way Chauncey Billups did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Chauncey always had a nice jumper (with good mechancs). And with a solidly built frame at 6'3", he could restand the rigors of the game.  If you watch Bradley you will see that his mechanics are all over the place (no two jumpers look alike). That coupled with his questionable ball-handling skills and slight frame leads me to believe his days in the NBA are numbered.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Avery Bradley can run and jump. He should be a cornerback.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Arroyo is like the anti-rondo.  Which is nice to have.

Yeah I agree, instead of calling him the anti-Rondo, I would call him complete.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Chauncey always had a nice jumper (with good mechancs). And with a solidly built frame at 6'3", he could restand the rigors of the game.  If you watch Bradley you will see that his mechanics are all over the place (no two jumpers look alike). That coupled with his questionable ball-handling skills and slight frame leads me to believe his days in the NBA are numbered.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

I am not saying he is going to be Billups, I am just saying that Billups was a tweener, etc.

The kid is a late first round pick and is 20 years old and trying to fit in on a team that is vying for a title run. 

Like all of Danny's picks (mostly all late in the first round) you can't expect to get actual legitimate contenders.  Danny has never drafted a legit starter let alone a star.  It is a function of where he drafts not who.  You don't get starters / stars at 18 and above and lucky to get a role player and most often get a project.