Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs:
    [QUOTE]There go the laker fans again, defending their band of thugs. I guess thats why they cheered him as he left the floor. Your love for these thugs and defense of their despicable acts speak volumes.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, he only hit Harden because he has a beard - WOW!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs :   Notice has been served to the world that the Lakers is an organization cluttered with feces throwing troglodytes.  The Celtics on the other hand are warrior poets and Rondo will be writing sonnets with his triple doubles while ally-ooping it to himself off Artest's coconut for a head.  This is the way you're going out two years straight.  Congratulations, your team is the poster child for the things that are disgraceful about the culture of our society.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

Rondo's opportunity to do anything against MWP already came and passed.
    Boston laid a green egg when they had a chance against LA.
    We all know that Boston will be 1st or 2nd round fodder in the playoffs.
    If LA doesn't win the title, they will probably lose to the team that wins the title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Rondo's opportunity to do anything against MWP already came and passed. Boston laid a green egg when they had a chance against LA. We all know that Boston will be 1st or 2nd round fodder in the playoffs. If LA doesn't win the title, they will probably lose to the team that wins the title.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Do they get points for that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Rondo's opportunity to do anything against MWP already came and passed. Boston laid a green egg when they had a chance against LA. We all know that Boston will be 1st or 2nd round fodder in the playoffs. If LA doesn't win the title, they will probably lose to the team that wins the title.

Why would you possibly think LA is going to win the title?  I am not trying to give you a hard time I just  always get amazed at your lack of objectivity. Dude...they aren't playing well.  They haven't all year.  They went out in the second round last year.

Seriously as far as the Celtics go I always have hope, but I do recognize their decline. Do you really not see what is going on with your team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Do they get points for that?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

There is satisfaction knowing you lost to a team that was on a major roll and won the title.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : There is satisfaction knowing you lost to a team that was on a major roll and won the title.

Well congrats then!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Why would you possibly think LA is going to win the title?  I am not trying to give you a hard time I just  always get amazed at your lack of objectivity. Dude...they aren't playing well.  They haven't all year.  They went out in the second round last year. Seriously as far as the Celtics go I always have hope, but I do recognize their decline. Do you really not see what is going on with your team?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

LA is not a favorite but they are contenders.
    Losing to a hot Dallas team last years means nothing right now.
    LA has the 6th best record in the NBA.
    You act like they are a .500 team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : There is satisfaction knowing you lost to a team that was on a major roll and won the title. Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE] Did u take satisfaction knowing that they gave up after game 3 and resorted to dishing out cheap shots? Whatever makes you feel better..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : There is satisfaction knowing you lost to a team that was on a major roll and won the title.

No, I felt no satisfaction whatsoever after losing to Philly then watching Philly totally dismantle the lakers!!  Must be personal preference!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Oh wait... they'll still in the act of dishing out cheap shots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : LA is not a favorite but they are contenders. Losing to a hot Dallas team last years means nothing right now. LA has the 6th best record in the NBA. You act like they are a .500 team.
    You actually think records this year mean much. How many teams are bunched in right behind them.  The Lakers have been anything but strong this year. You won't see them going far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : LA is not a favorite but they are contenders. Losing to a hot Dallas team last years means nothing right now. LA has the 6th best record in the NBA. You act like they are a .500 team.

The Celtics are 22 and 10 in their last 32. I am not going to bother looking up the Lakers record but I would assume it was less than that.  Power rankings has the lakers 8 and the celtics 9th.

I have been saying this since I have been back on this board, both teams have are not real contenders anymore.  Either team could get hot and win but to act like the Lakers are oh so much better and that they have a good shot just makes you seem like a homer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

For the "delusional".  This is from today's LA Times - a LAKERS journalist:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-metta-world-peace-deserves-lengthy-suspension-20120423,0,4732703.story?track=rss

Want to know one thing I learned from reading this article?  This man has had FOURTEEN previous suspensions!!!  14!  He has been given more chances than Steve Howe!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : The Celtics are 22 and 10 in their last 32. I am not going to bother looking up the Lakers record but I would assume it was less than that.  Power rankings has the lakers 8 and the celtics 9th. I have been saying this since I have been back on this board, both teams have are not real contenders anymore.  Either team could get hot and win but to act like the Lakers are oh so much better and that they have a good shot just makes you seem like a homer.

The Lakers are built more for the playoffs then for a long regular season.
    The playoffs are usually 1/2 court intense games in which rebounding is vital.

The Lakers also changed out their starting point guard a month ago.
    As time goes on, their cohesiveness should only get better.

The highest winning percentage in the NBA right now is .750.
    In an 82 game season, that is about a 61 win team.
    61 win teams are not a lock to win the championship.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": [QUOTE]For the "delusional".  This is from today's LA Times - a LAKERS journalist: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-metta-world-peace-deserves-lengthy-suspension-20120423,0,4732703.story?track=rss Want to know one thing I learned from reading this article?  This man has had FOURTEEN previous suspensions!!!  14!  He has been given more chances than Steve Howe! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Wow did you see the poll results? Over 60% of la times readers think that he should be suspended for the entire playoffs. The trolls here are the lowest of the low, the 3% who think that a zero game suspension would be appropriate for this despicable act.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": Wow did you see the poll results? Over 60% of la times readers think that he should be suspended for the entire playoffs. The trolls here are the lowest of the low, the 3% who think that a zero game suspension would be appropriate for this despicable act.

lakers fans cheered Artest as he walked off..............gee, we always get put down for chanting "MVP" to a guy who won it!  Would you rather be a person who cheered MVP for kobe, or a guy who cheered Artest as he walked off the court?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": Wow did you see the poll results? Over 60% of la times readers think that he should be suspended for the entire playoffs. The trolls here are the lowest of the low, the 3% who think that a zero game suspension would be appropriate for this despicable act.

but keep in mind that artest isnt nearly as important to the lakers as say kobe or bynum or gasol.....if one of them committed that, i have a hard time believing 60% of people would use their brain and say that one of them should be suspended for the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : lakers fans cheered Artest as he walked off..............gee, we always get put down for chanting "MVP" to a guy who won it!  Would you rather be a person who cheered MVP for kobe, or a guy who cheered Artest as he walked off the court?????

Fans at the game did not see the replay of the incident.

Celtics fans are known for chanting Wife Beater to Jason Kidd while his wife was in attendance at a game in Boston. They were trying to work out their problems as a couple. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : You need to find God and learn to forgive. Metta is extremely, eventhough it was an obvious accident.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]
    Dude, what has God got to to with this??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]For the "delusional".  This is from today's LA Times - a LAKERS journalist: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-metta-world-peace-deserves-lengthy-suspension-20120423,0,4732703.story?track=rss Want to know one thing I learned from reading this article?  This man has had FOURTEEN previous suspensions!!!  14!  He has been given more chances than Steve Howe!

Had no idea it was that many times he had been suspended.  If he doesn't get a  minumum of 5 games its a complete joke. If it was unintenional he wouldn't have hit harden and then proceeded down the court.  He would have stopped to see about him. He continued prancing down the court then was ready to fight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Win or loose the Lakers are still a disgrace.  That's what you don't get.  The Celtics can hold their heads high with dignity no matter how the cards fall while the Lakers carry on in punk fashion.  It's a character thing and your team has finished last in that regard, dead last.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : The Celtics are 22 and 10 in their last 32. I am not going to bother looking up the Lakers record but I would assume it was less than that.  Power rankings has the lakers 8 and the celtics 9th. I have been saying this since I have been back on this board, both teams have are not real contenders anymore.  Either team could get hot and win but to act like the Lakers are oh so much better and that they have a good shot just makes you seem like a homer.

Stein's or Hollinger's?  And if you answer this, you are clueless about the NBA as I already suspected.
    Power rankings? Really?  LMAO!

Go Celtics!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Stein's or Hollinger's?  And if you answer this, you are clueless about the NBA as I already suspected. Power rankings? Really?  LMAO! Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

Where were you after the SA debacle.....?  Where?  LMAO!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs:
    [QUOTE]This mental case is garbage. After his history, he should get the boot but good.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  That was a very cheap shot from a person that is known for cheap shots.  Several commentators anticipate a suspension of 1 or 2 games, which would appear to be grossly inadequate for the violent and vicious nature of the elbow he threw.  A suspension for the rest of this year and part of the next appears to be in order.

As Always,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I just heard Chris Mannix say he thinks Artest will be suspended for the whole playoff season.  Like Raffi Torres in the NHL.