Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

• In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs:
      [QUOTE]Harden flopped. Fouls are part of the game. Ejection was enough. Metta was contrite and he apologized for the accident. Let's move on.
      Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

maybe Kome will catch Ron Ron's next elbow and we will see if he flops

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Some of these Celtic fans just sound bitter about Metta hitting that game clinching 3 in game 7 of the 2010 Finals. Let it go already. Just sayin'. As the "unbiased" die hard Celtic fan that I am, I understand the NBA much better than these bandwagon hoppers and realize that it was all about emotion at that point in that game. Things like that happen. Harden I hope learned his lesson about getting into another man's space. Go Green! Go CELTICS!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle[/QUOTE]

yea those things happen alright,  Odumb,  Bynum for starters last year, Artest year after year,  Fisher on Sciola, and Kome is known to throw elbows.  Yea these things happen a lot in lala land. Funny it doesn't happen around the NBA, just around the Fakers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

You trolls are just making the good laker fans look bad. Thankfully laker fans that I work with mostly agree that there was no excuse for that type of thuggish behavior, and that a lengthy suspension is in order. I'll bet anyone it's 5-10 games, probably more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Some of these Celtic fans just sound bitter about Metta hitting that game clinching 3 in game 7 of the 2010 Finals. Let it go already. Just sayin'. As the "unbiased" die hard Celtic fan that I am, I understand the NBA much better than these bandwagon hoppers and realize that it was all about emotion at that point in that game. Things like that happen. Harden I hope learned his lesson about getting into another man's space. Go Green! Go CELTICS!!

As usual, you are wrong - it has nothing to do with that.  It is a pattern of violent behavior that has resulted in 13 prior suspensions.  He can be as "contrite" as he wants to be - I'm sure he was "contrite" the last time he was suspended.  How many times can you forgive a person, give them another chance, then see the same pattern repeat itself!!  Didn't he run into the stands becuase someone invaded his personal space?  A clear message needs to be sent to prevent this guy from doing it again.  The new benchmark is Bynum - who was given 5 games............but since Artest is a multiple offender his should be worse!

For goodness sakes, even Magic is upset at the "tarnished image" of the lakers.  That's all I need to hear - you guys don't even count!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : yea those things happen alright,  Odumb,  Bynum for starters last year, Artest year after year,  Fisher on Sciola, and Kome is known to throw elbows.  Yea these things happen a lot in lala land. Funny it doesn't happen around the NBA, just around the Fakers.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You must have just started watching the NBA kid. Ever heard of the 40 stitches that Isaiah Thomas receieved from a knee in the head by the great Karl Malone? Now go play with your He-man doll and stay out of grown folks conversations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

How about LAKER Kermit Washington??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : As usual, you are wrong - it has nothing to do with that.  It is a pattern of violent behavior that has resulted in 13 prior suspensions.  He can be as "contrite" as he wants to be - I'm sure he was "contrite" the last time he was suspended.  How many times can you forgive a person, give them another chance, then see the same pattern repeat itself!!  Didn't he run into the stands becuase someone invaded his personal space?  A clear message needs to be sent to prevent this guy from doing it again.  The new benchmark is Bynum - who was given 5 games............but since Artest is a multiple offender his should be worse! For goodness sakes, even Magic is upset at the "tarnished image" of the lakers.  That's all I need to hear - you guys don't even count!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Cry

*yawn* -  Go watch some NBA action from the 80's and get back with me about repeat offenders. Ever heard the name Bill Laimbeer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : You must have just started watching the NBA kid. Ever heard of the 40 stitches that Isaiah Thomas receieved from a knee in the head by the great Karl Malone? Now go play with your He-man doll and stay out of grown folks conversations.

well pea brain what does Karl Malone have to do with dirty Lakers players?  You might want to ask Mama if you can post on a grown up website.  She probably doesn't know your on the computer kid.  one other thing Fake Celtic fans  "stick it where the sun don't shine"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]How about LAKER Kermit Washington??

Yes, and your point? At least Harden was not as damaged as Rudy T. You are doing quite well at making my point for me actually. If this incident had happened back in the 80's, Metta would have received a technical foul and that would have been that. No ejection, much less talk of a suspension.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : well pea brain what does Karl Malone have to do with dirty Lakers players?  You might want to ask Mama if you can post on a grown up website.  She probably doesn't know your on the computer kid.  one other thing Fake Celtic fans  "stick it where the sun don't shine"
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

This thread is about the play on Sunday. Try and stay up with the conversation son.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Yes, and your point? At least Harden was not as damaged as Rudy T. You are doing quite well at making my point for me actually. If this incident had happened back in the 80's, Metta would have received a technical foul and that would have been that. No ejection, much less talk of a suspension.  

that is possible, but that still doesnt make it right.....and btw metta has been suspended THIRTEEN times! how he hasnt been kicked out by the league is beyond me...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : that is possible, but that still doesnt make it right.....and btw metta has been suspended THIRTEEN times! how he hasnt been kicked out by the league is beyond me...
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

If they did not ban him after the incident in Detroit, there is no way he is getting banned. Dirty plays happen a lot in the NBA. Stan Van Gundy wanted a review of the elbow in the back of Dwight Howard by Brendan Haywood about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I heard very little from the media about that and that has cost Dwight the rest of this season. Metta is getting all of the publicity because he is a Laker. Heck, it was on the Greta Van Whatever her name is Show on Fox news last night. From just flipping through the channels today, you could probably see the highlight. This also just further illustrates how the Lakers have taken over the NBA. I wish my beloved Celtics were still the premier team of the league.

Go Celtics!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : *yawn* -  Go watch some NBA action from the 80's and get back with me about repeat offenders. Ever heard the name Bill Laimbeer?

Not saying the league is not "whimpier" now - IT IS!!  I watched every game in the 80's.  Ricky Mahorn and Laimbeer would not last......but, under the current system, Artest will get a hefty punishment.  Why don't we just wait and see what Stern says.  Tell you what - if it's LESS than 5 games - you and lakerstroll win - if it's more, I win!!  No bets, because you are not an honorable person to begin with, Rico!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

While we're talking lakers history, kareem like to killed kent benson.  He also took down the "notorius" danny shayes and held him in a headlock for quite a while before they could get him off the hated nugget and legacy nba villian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Yes, and your point? At least Harden was not as damaged as Rudy T. You are doing quite well at making my point for me actually. If this incident had happened back in the 80's, Metta would have received a technical foul and that would have been that. No ejection, much less talk of a suspension.  

I was responding to this:

Ever heard of the 40 stitches that Isaiah Thomas receieved from a knee in the head by the great Karl Malone?

Try to stay current with the conversation, son!!

And, sonny boy, this is NOT the 80's!!  Thanks for continually making my point!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

As I posted before, top 4 cheap shots of all time, as ranked by the AP, belong to laker players (3 of them on current roster). So why don't you laker trolls just admit that the guys you love are a bunch of thugs and move on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : I was responding to this: Ever heard of the 40 stitches that Isaiah Thomas receieved from a knee in the head by the great Karl Malone? Try to stay current with the conversation, son!! And, sonny boy, this is NOT the 80's!!  Thanks for continually making my point!!
    Just a word on Karl Malone after almost taking Isiah's face off, not one of the bad boys from the Pistons wanted any part of Karl Malone in a fight.  Karl was one tough dud.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : If they did not ban him after the incident in Detroit, there is no way he is getting banned. Dirty plays happen a lot in the NBA. Stan Van Gundy wanted a review of the elbow in the back of Dwight Howard by Brendan Haywood about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I heard very little from the media about that and that has cost Dwight the rest of this season. Metta is getting all of the publicity because he is a Laker. Heck, it was on the Greta Van Whatever her name is Show on Fox news last night. From just flipping through the channels today, you could probably see the highlight. This also just further illustrates how the Lakers have taken over the NBA. I wish my beloved Celtics were still the premier team of the league. Go Celtics!

ok elf, if you want to defend artest than that is fine, but quit this fake celtics fan sh it.....its not even funny and it never was

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Can't we all just get along? Let it go, we should be focusing on who's best in the playoffs not on this minor accident. The ejection was enough. Blake Griffen was hit much harder by Lopez the other night and every night and it's just part of the excitement of the game. We have to move on. Forgive and forget.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If Stern lets it go - so will I!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": [QUOTE]Can't we all just get along? Let it go, we should be focusing on who's best in the playoffs not on this minor accident. The ejection was enough. Blake Griffen was hit much harder by Lopez the other night and every night and it's just part of the excitement of the game. We have to move on. Forgive and forget. Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE] Good luck with that. The 3rd biggest thug on your team will be out for a while. ESPN thinks it'll be 10 games or more. Don't worry, bynum will deliver one of your opponents a huge cheap shot before the season's over. Then you trolls can revel in that over the off season, when u have delusions about this squad wiining it all next year, after Bynum and Arrest come back from their lengthy suspensions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": Good luck with that. The 3rd biggest thug on your team will be out for a while. ESPN thinks it'll be 10 games or more. Don't worry, bynum will deliver one of your opponents a huge cheap shot before the season's over. Then you trolls can revel in that over the off season, when u have delusions about this squad wiining it all next year, after Bynum and Arrest come back from their lengthy suspensions.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

You're a C's pinhead who Laker fans hope you jump overboard.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : You're a C's pinhead who Laker fans hope you jump overboard. Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE] Not gonna happen. Unlike you trolls and your hero Ron Artest, I'm mentally stable.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs": Not gonna happen. Unlike you trolls and your hero Ron Artest, I'm mentally stable.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Son, how is Ray's ankle these days?