As a season ticket holder I can't see them tanking

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

As a season ticket holder I can't see them tanking

As a season ticket holder, I was shocked over the trade, they raised ticket prices and not only took on dead weight including one bad 3 year contract, but did get a lot of picks. I don't think tanking is an option. I think they are going to go out and play and make a run at a playoff spot and I'm going to tell you why.

If Rondo can get a 7th/8th seed out of this team they have free agents may look at this and say maybe I could be that one player they need to get back into the converstion. For all the complaints about Rondo he is an asset. Either he is going to lead this team to a playoff spot or everyone on this board will be right, they will not make it, he will but heads with the coach and will be dealt.

I think Rondo has too much pride to tank and he will step up. I think they have a coach that will teach, will let players learn and I think this will be better than a lot of people think. I believe 3 of those players come off the books after this year, Humphries, Bogans and Joseph and Brooks can be a building block and Wallace can be dealt down the road and Danny hasa lot of chips for trades. I think getting back within 2 years is there goal, but I don' think they will tank.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: As a season ticket holder I can't see them tanking

OMG!! i'm so tired of hearing this word "tanking". they suck now, end of story. all teams go through it after their team leaders get old and move on, it's called rebuilding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

There are degrees of tanking, people need to understand this. 

Danny will field a young team that plays very hard and is entertaining for fans. And yeah, they will lose a lot of games. Danny won't worry about anything but he does NOT want to make the playoffs. 

So, if we are heading in a playoff direction, Ainge will likely trade the player most directly responsible for winning games, likely Rondo. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Celtic's "tanked" in 07' of the Ainge regime because they we're at the absolute bottom of the league and had no options.  Now they are chock full of draft picks and solid young players that would be attractive to any other team in trade, also they are too talented to tank, at worst they'll still be above 500%.  We don't have a Paul Pierce to shut down for the season and we actually want to showcase the young talent, so they won't ride the pine like our best young players did in 07.'

Rondo, Jeff Green, Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Bass, Olynyk, Iverson, Melo and Randolph are good enough to compete for the final playoff spot in the East.  We'll need Ainge to make the right trade or continue to build via the draft to get over the hump but we'll never "tank" again under Danny because there's no need.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Woz man, usually I agree with at all times but not on this one...I don't think they will purposely tank, I think they just won't be that good....I don't think, in the back of management's mind  they will do anything to make moves this year at all...they will give a fair shot at getting into the lottery and need even more proven young talent to acquire assets to make the kind of moves Ainge wants to make....plus a new coach, more rookies and young players and NEW players from the Nets, all getting used to new players and roles to learn, well, that's a whole bunch of newness to get through to make it into the playoffs... And frankly, I hope they really earn their lottery spot...if there was one year only getting a top 3-5 pick would be wise this is it.

Like I said... not tanking, no need.

9. This post has been removed.