Asik, Lin, and 1st rounder for Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Asik, Lin, and 1st rounder for Rondo

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/535186/20140121/nba-trade-news.htm#.Ut5ZjtKwrMI

According to the latest rumour, the Rockets could prepare a package consisting of point guard Jeremy Lin, center Omer Asik and a first-round pick for the Celtics in exchange for Rondo before the trade deadline.

The Celtics have previously attempted to bring Asik in town, but they failed to come up with good package for the defensive-oriented center. Lin will also benefit returning in Boston for the first time since his college basketball years in Harvard. Of course, the Celtics will get another first round pick in a very loaded draft this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Re: Asik, Lin, and 1st rounder for Rondo

But for the trade to work, it has to be Rondo and Bogans for Lin and Asik.

Celts would actually win more games if they do this trade.

I'm just not sure if the article can be considered a reliable source.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

seems like a plausible trade for both teams. Agree with you that it might make the C's better though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No chance Rockets do this one sided trade unless McHale still in the doing favors for DA mode, ala KG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Why would we want this?  I don't want Lin, I hate his game and he is always hurt.  Why would returning to Boston make his game any better?  Because he went to Harvard?  That makes no sense.  Houston's pick will be very low.  I like Asik well enough, but I hate this trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No chance Rockets do this one sided trade unless McHale still in the doing favors for DA mode, ala KG.

[/QUOTE]

best player in this deal is RR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

RR can't play with Harden.  Harden always dominates the ball going iso all the time and RR needs the ball in his hand also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to alchow00's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RR can't play with Harden.  Harden always dominates the ball going iso all the time and RR needs the ball in his hand also.

[/QUOTE]

Is it that different from Pierce?  Pierce and KG got plenty of touches and shots with RR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't want this deal. I would rather do a Green, Humphries and a pick for Asik and T. Jones.

Terrance Jones is the guy we should be targeting. Sully just isn't the type of PF who can get up and down the court and play above the rim.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want this deal. I would rather do a Green, Humphries and a pick for Asik and T. Jones.

Terrance Jones is the guy we should be targeting. Sully just isn't the type of PF who can get up and down the court and play above the rim.

[/QUOTE]

Not knocking Sully -BUT - Hopefully J. Randle is coming! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

No way they give us Jones.  He is starting now, and he is signed on the cheap.  I do like Hump and/or Green going to HOU, though.

Rondo and Bass for Lin, Asik and Montejunas and a  #1 would make me a happy hedley!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

DA will never agree to such a garbage deal for such garbage players and a garbage late 1st rounder for a top 5 PG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DA will never agree to such a garbage deal for such garbage players and a garbage late 1st rounder for a top 5 PG.

[/QUOTE]

Rose

Irving

Wall

Lillard

Paul

DWill

sure he's top 5?

And did DA tell you this in person, or do you have inside info?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rose

Irving

Wall

Lillard

Paul

DWill

sure he's top 5?

[/QUOTE]

He is top ten and he hasn't proven he is healthy yet.  I would do this trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rose

Irving

Wall

Lillard

Paul

DWill

sure he's top 5?

[/QUOTE]

He is top ten and he hasn't proven he is healthy yet.  I would do this trade.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, so would I....it's Mr. 911 guy who wouldn't do it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Almost everyone on here either hates Rondo or thinks he is a great pg.

It is odd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rose

Irving

Wall

Lillard

Paul

DWill

sure he's top 5?

[/QUOTE]

yes, he is top 5. and DA would never trade him for two scrubs like asik and lin. do you have inside info that he would make that trade? you realize the rumor websites aren't run by Ainge, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Rockets want a stretch 4 so they aren't dependent on Jones. RR would be a nice luxury but not what they need. No way a "cheap ownership like the C's" pays balloon salaries to two guys set to be paid $30MM combined for one season becoming FA's. Story is BS ....

Hahaha .... Somebody likes my idea;

Lakers Target Hawes & Turner

According to Latino Post, the Lakers could reportedly hammer a deal with the Sixers. Gasol, who is expected to become a free-agent after this season, has a fat expiring contract many teams want to have. For the trade to happen, the Lakers have to give up Gasol and a future first-round draft pick.

Unless the Lakers take Young too, Philly would be aiding the Lakers in cutting $6MM off their cap ... Philly better not help them like that just for a draft pick considering Gasol is an UFA and can walk away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Rose + Lillard + Irving + Wall + Paul + DWill = 0 rings

Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Easy Osama, that means Tony Parker is the best point guard in the league.

Rondo sucks.  The sooner they trade him, the better..as his stock's sure to nosedive more and more everyday..unless he's back on another HOF studded-team with only one job to do-Pass.

Rose

Irving

Wall

Lillard

Paul

DWill

I'm going to see your six, and raise you another six:

Curry

Westbrook

Lawson

Conley

Carter-Williams

Parker

Until it doesn't matter that your PG cannot score, I say we dish out Rondo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Cool

[/QUOTE]

You sound like a lakers fan.............Stockton won 0 rings, too.  Is Rondo better than him??

And, yes, I realize the rumor mills aren't run by Ainge.........that's why they're rumors.

We propose and argue over potential trades on this site, why don't you join us, and give us you idea of a trade instead of potificating on who is "garbage" and who isn't?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

PG's best traits are supposed to be decision making, penetrating the paint, passing, and creating for teammates. Rondo is #1 at that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

PG's best traits are supposed to be decision making, penetrating the paint, passing, and creating for teammates. Rondo is #1 at that. 

[/QUOTE]

The fellas listed can do all those things AND score..............sorry, but Rondo is not top 5

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

Cool

You sound like a lakers fan.............Stockton won 0 rings, too.  Is Rondo better than him??

And, yes, I realize the rumor mills aren't run by Ainge.........that's why they're rumors.

We propose and argue over potential trades on this site, why don't you join us, and give us you idea of a trade instead of potificating on who is "garbage" and who isn't?

[/QUOTE]

sorry i thought Asik and Lin were the players mentioned in the proposed trade for Rondo... Asik and Lin are garbage as far as re-building goes. Both are literally bench players for their team and you're acting like you're getting a steal in return for your All-Star PG. 

Rondo rumor mills aren't anything new. NBA fans have been discussing it all year. i've talked about it here several times. you don't trade your All-Star PG for a 27 year old backup C with one season of starting experience, a mediocre PG with no defense, and a late 1st round pick. you're looking for lottery picks, rising young talent on good contracts, and expiring contracts. 

i'd be happy with getting any combination of Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Enas Kanter, Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedris, Marvin Williams, and a future #1 pick from Utah in exchange for Rondo, Wallace, and Green. 

or i would wait until after the draft lottery and look to move Rondo to a team like Sacramento if they land a pick in the 4-6 range. Rondo for the 2014 top 6 pick, a 2016 #1, and the expiring contracts of Marcus Thornton, and Travis Outlaw would work for me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fellas listed can do all those things AND score..............sorry, but Rondo is not top 5

[/QUOTE]

not like Rondo. that's why it's likely Rondo remains a Celtic......sorry Cool