ASIK THREE TEAM DEAL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: ASIK THREE TEAM DEAL

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

All they have to do is trade Bogans to a team under the cap for a minor contract or 2nd rd pick. No big deal ....

I keep saying it, other NBA teams are not in the business of helping the Boston Celtics.

No big deal?

As of today, Keith Bogans is still a member of the Boston Celtics.

Trade Bogans first before you talk about acquiring Asik for the 10m TPE.

Ya know the TPE could go to another team ... Philly for example. Asik to Boston, Bogans to Houston, Turner to Boston and TPE to Philly and one of our picks (2nd rd?) if needed to Houston. Houston will be able to flip Bogans and/or pick for another perimeter defender (wing).

Here ... I substituted the salary of Wallace to approximate our TPE;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mayfcdb

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if this could end up happening:

BOS: Dion Waiters, Omer Asik

HOU: Anderson Varejao

CLE: Jeff Green, Courtney Lee

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p6wcjd9

Who says no to this trade?

[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it... I really like my idea here and I think its in the works.

This is the best option for Cleveland. They get a better fit at SG in Lee and they get a legit starting SF. That team would be set.

[/QUOTE]

Danny isn't trading Green ... If he's buying Asik he keeps Green.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Now the ESPN Trade Machine is your best friend?

Didn't you tell me that the ESPN Trade Machine is wrong if you can trade Rondo for Marcus Thornton?

[/QUOTE]

I post it so you stop arguing ... Bite Me!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I post it so you stop arguing ... Bite Me!!!

[/QUOTE]

Looks like you got busted again.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I can easily stop using it but don't think I'll put up with your banter when you can't do the math w/o it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I can easily stop using it but don't think I'll put up with your banter when you can't do the math w/o it.

[/QUOTE]

I'm only using the trade machine because if I don't provide a source, you will question the credibility of my trade proposal.

The ESPN Trade Machine is universal, it's a reliable source.

You're the only one who said the ESPN Trade Machine is wrong because it will allow Rondo to be traded for Marcus Thornton.

That was a real egg on face moment for you, huh?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what your talking about but I do recall it wasn't working right and even you said so ... every trade one submitted was approved for a few days.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

In this thread it is mentioned that Philly may be the stronger contender for Asik since they may offer Spencer Hawes (which I do not understand why Philly would make such a trade). That brings me to the question, do we have anything that Philly would take for Hawes? What do you think about getting Hawes instead of Asik? Stat guys, please jump in and tell us if the numbers line up in any way.

Personally, I think a solid rim protector would be very valuable for us but I hate to say so long to either JG or BB. But then, you can't have it both ways. If we got either Hawes or Asik, by the time their contracts expired perhaps the C's could develop Olynyk into a solid center -perhaps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:

In this thread it is mentioned that Philly may be the stronger contender for Asik since they may offer Spencer Hawes (which I do not understand why Philly would make such a trade). That brings me to the question, do we have anything that Philly would take for Hawes? What do you think about getting Hawes instead of Asik? Stat guys, please jump in and tell us if the numbers line up in any way.

Personally, I think a solid rim protector would be very valuable for us but I hate to say so long to either JG or BB. But then, you can't have it both ways. If we got either Hawes or Asik, by the time their contracts expired perhaps the C's could develop Olynyk into a solid center -perhaps.

I had Sanders (If Bucks were 3rd team) as my first choice then Hawes and Asik 3rd option. Danny had interest in Asik when he was leaving Chicago but lost out to Houston ... How much he tried or what he had for ammo is questionable but he was involved.

So it stands to reason that he is still interested. I find it curious that Houston likes Hawes so much when they really need a stretch four. Maybe they are now comfortable with T Jones at Stretch4 and are looking to fill other holes @ SG/SF. Ilyasova, Bass or Millsap all seem to be better fits than Hawes but logic has it that Hawes can play PF and C for them.  If Morey is concerned about a backup for Howard he surely can find another one fairly cheap or even pressure Danny for Fav.

To answer your question ... Sure, we can give Philly Bogans ($5MM) and filler for Hawes ($6.5MM) plus a pick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ld6aldx

Bogans for Hawes comes up with C's $100K over the trade limit so I offset the difference by swapping Brooks for Anderson. We don't need to take Anderson back but doing so makes the numbers closer and helps Philly with roster spots. Both Bogans and Brooks are only guaranteed this season so like Hawes, their salary comes off the cap once the season ends. Philly makes out by getting the pick for Hawes as they really don't want another player taking up cap space next year unless its a young prospect. They really need to add some salary to avoid a $5MM fine by the NBA for not having the minimum team salary but it's still early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I like green, but dion waiters is younger and looks good.  I wouldn't be totally upset.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Green will not be traded

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

I ACTUALLY LOVE THIS DEAL... demographically! A THROWBACK.. WE'LL B THE ONLY TEAM WITH A 3-HEADED CONTRAST PIGMENT center.. lol! hey i like the move skillwise.. talk about depth for years to come with few teams able to match that dept and skillset. already started a thread that bass was redundant esp with sully.. kells is makin great strides, he's a keeper as is faves.. asik helps us go down low with some post moves.. another danny steal.. lee and bass are redundant, how many first round picks do u need anyways? we r all in baby, no mo tanking talk.. big 4 with asik and craw off the bench will kells-faves and wallace is a winning combo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Please,get Asik.Please Danny.We need a center.Next year get Gordon Hayward. and sooner than later the celtics will be a contender.A draft pick will take 3-4 years to contribute.Go celtics.