ASIK THREE TEAM DEAL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

ASIK THREE TEAM DEAL

Why is this being reported all over as a three team deal? 

Woj has pinned Atlanta, Cleveland, Boston and one "wildcard" team as the key players

Must be that the Rockets want a piece from a team who doesn’t want or need Asik. This makes be believe that either:
    a) They want Millsap, Atlanta doens’t like Asik&Horford combo
    b) They want Ilyasova, Bucks don’t need Asik & Sanders
    c) They like Varejao and Cleveland doesn’t need Asik & Bynum

Right now, seems like that third team is working with either Boston or Philly on who can give the best package for Asik.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: ASIK THREE TEAM DEAL

Please, no Asik.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I wonder if this could end up happening:

BOS: Dion Waiters, Omer Asik

HOU: Anderson Varejao

CLE: Jeff Green, Courtney Lee

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p6wcjd9

Who says no to this trade?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please, no Asik.

[/QUOTE]

Thats fine for you to have that opinion. I share the same sentiment. What I am trying to do is use the information at hand to understand the situation and what is going on behind the scenes right now. Does that make sense?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

As for the Milwakee possibility, I can't think of anything that the Celtics would package that would be appealing to them.

In my opinion, I think Philly has a better offer if Houston is after Ilyasova:

PHI: Asik

MIL: Turner

HOU: Ilyasova

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q7frjou

Its hard to tell Philly's outlook on Turner, but if they think they'll lose him in free agency and he's scoring too much for them to tank, this trade could make a lot of sense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cleveland.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

No

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

As for the Milwakee possibility, I can't think of anything that the Celtics would package that would be appealing to them.

Its hard to tell Philly's outlook on Turner, but if they think they'll lose him in free agency and he's scoring too much for them to tank, this trade could make a lot of sense

[/QUOTE]

Why would a rebuilding Philly want Asik ... they want picks or young players with low salaries and high potential.

Regarding the Bucks ... They don't want to give up Ilyasova but could be intrigued with swapping Sanders for Asik cause Asik is more mature and ready to compete in playoffs which Milwaukee is desperate to do. So if Houston will provide a replacement for Ilyasova like T Jones (which isn't gonna happen) then the Bucks might agree. Houston needs another team with a suitable PF ... Young and Bass fit the bill but if you are the Bucks thinking playoffs with Asik do you want Young or Bass?

That's why Boston fits the Buck trade scenario ... and because Sanders extension kicks in next year it's not a case of swapping  $3MM players and a pick to the Bucks but matching salaries that work. Bass to Bucks and Brooks to Rockets with Bucks giving up Ilya & Neal for Asik works. Maybe you give a lower level pick to Rockets as a finders fee ... Haha!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Please, no Asik.

[/QUOTE]

Thats fine for you to have that opinion. I share the same sentiment. What I am trying to do is use the information at hand to understand the situation and what is going on behind the scenes right now. Does that make sense?

[/QUOTE]

I hope Danny is smarter than this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Please, no Asik.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope Danny is smarter than this.

[/QUOTE]

Even if Danny gives Houston our $10.3MM TPE straight up for Asik ... You wouldn't do that either?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Why wouldn't ATL want Asik and Horford?   They can't keep Horford as center.   Why wouldn't Bucks want Asik and Sanders?   It's not out of the question.   KIrving and Waiters I don't think will exist together.   Both want the ball in their hands and neither play D.   But, I don't think Waiters and RR can exist either.   What is RR to do on offense if he doesn't have the ball?   He can't shoot (reliably) and what would become of the Cs D with both on the court.   RR could stay out of the way when PP had the ball.   Different positions and PP is an hall of famer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't think Danny would part with jeff Green so easily, for good and bad reasons. I do think he would trade him but not for Asik. It's just not clear that a big is the key. You're giving up a swingman who can at least play some against Lebron against a big, and your two time NBA champion doesn't even have a big of note.

Asik would be nice only if the asking price was lower for Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10156398/houston-rockets-track-trade-omer-asik-boston-celtics-emerging

the Celtics now are widely regarded as the strongest rivals to the Philadelphia 76ers in terms of likely destinations for Asik, with many rival executives expecting the final form of a trade built around the 7-footer from Turkey to feature at least three teams.

it's believed that Atlanta officials are lukewarm on Asik and would hold out for more of a two-way player if they're being asked to pay him nearly $15 million next season

Sources say the $15 million is not a figure that scares off the Sixers or Celtics, which is why those are the two teams most frequently mentioned as landing spots for Asik.

One possible scenario that has emerged, sources say, is a three-way trade in which Boston lands Asik, Cleveland absorbs the contract of Celtics forward Jeff Green and Houston scores no fewer than one of the future first-round picks it covets for surrendering Asik. Other players would have to be involved in such a trade to make the salary-cap math work, but it's the sort of trade that would fall in line with Cleveland's well-known focus on upgrading its options at small forward.

The Cavaliers pursued Green in free agency two summers ago before Green re-signed with Boston and, as ESPN.com reported Sunday , have shown far more interest recently in finding a new small forward than going ahead with the rumored Varejao-for-Asik swap.

Sources say the prospect of acquiring center Spencer Hawes and at least one future first-round pick would be Houston's aim in a trade with Philadelphia, although it's believed the Rockets and Sixers also would require at least one more team to complete a deal. Hawes not only possesses a cap-friendly expiring contract valued at $6.6 million this season but also has the offensive skills and shooting range -- unlike Asik -- to be able to play alongside Howard as well as back him up. < Morey is a smart GM!!!

ESPN.com reported Sunday that Celtics forward Brandon Bass is another possible trade target for the Rockets, despite the fact that his contract runs for one more year than Hawes' deal.

Sources say the Rockets are conflicted about taking back Philadelphia's Thaddeus Young or the Celtics' Green because each player has two more seasons left on his contract after this one. If either Young (owed $19.4 million in 2014-15 and 2015-16) or Green (owed $18.4 million over the same span) is involved in the eventual Asik trade, Houston almost certainly will need a third team to absorb the contract of either player, since the Rockets need to maintain as much future flexibility as possible to re-sign forward Chandler Parsons

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would a rebuilding Philly want Asik ... they want picks or young players with low salaries and high potential.

Regarding the Bucks ... They don't want to give up Ilyasova but could be intrigued with swapping Sanders for Asik cause Asik is more mature and ready to compete in playoffs which Milwaukee is desperate to do. So if Houston will provide a replacement for Ilyasova like T Jones (which isn't gonna happen) then the Bucks might agree. Houston needs another team with a suitable PF ... Young and Bass fit the bill but if you are the Bucks thinking playoffs with Asik do you want Young or Bass?

That's why Boston fits the Buck trade scenario ... and because Sanders extension kicks in next year it's not a case of swapping  $3MM players and a pick to the Bucks but matching salaries that work. Bass to Bucks and Brooks to Rockets with Bucks giving up Ilya & Neal for Asik works. Maybe you give a lower level pick to Rockets as a finders fee ... Haha!

[/QUOTE]

so in this deal the Celtics end up with Saunders from Mil?

Saunders for Bass, essentially?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

the next starting Center for the Boston Celtics?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Sources say the prospect of acquiring center Spencer Hawes and at least one future first-round pick would be Houston's aim in a trade with Philadelphia, although it's believed the Rockets and Sixers also would require at least one more team to complete a deal. Hawes not only possesses a cap-friendly expiring contract valued at $6.6 million this season but also has the offensive skills and shooting range -- unlike Asik -- to be able to play alongside Howard as well as back him up.

That statement doesn't make sense. Asik to Philly for Hawes & 1st Rd Pick works on it's own, so why do they need a third team unless Philly doesn't really want Asik? Could it be that Houston needs a third team to take Asik and give back that 1st Rd Pick they are looking for while Philly wants expiring contracts (Houston doesn't have any except a few less than $1MM each) and a young prospect/s back for Hawes?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so in this deal the Celtics end up with Saunders from Mil?

Saunders for Bass, essentially?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think Brooks needs to be added to make the numbers work and some pick no doubt as well. The other possibility mentioned on the thread I did about Sanders is adding Bogans if the Bucks want to reduce their cap next year ... in return the C's would get Giannis Antetokounmpo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Cleveland desperate to get those two guys. Yeah.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Interesting discussion here regarding Asik ...

http://www.red94.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1778-a-5-on-5-projecting-omer-asiks-future/unread/

What deal do you expect to happen (if it [Asik Trade] does happen)?

Wilmes: Again, simply based off of the strength of the latest rumblings, I expect a (three team?) deal involving the Celtics. The Rockets will get some useable pieces, but maybe not the one it needs; Jeff Green and Brandon Bass are something less and different, respectively, than perimeter defensive stalwarts. It seems Morey did not want to deal Asik within the conference—a wise move, as his placement with any number of direct competitors could result in Houston's undoing.

Dover: Here's my best guess: The Rockets get Hawes plus some wing depth in Carroll (who has already been a Rocket for a while - I think Morey likes him). The 76ers get worse by trading away Hawes (which is in their interest), plus they get a nice young guard in Jenkins who may flourish for them down the road. Ancic and Mack are filler to make the salaries match. The Hawks get Asik, and also Brewer (since otherwise the Rockets would just have to cut him). With the imposing front line of Horford, Asik and Millsap, the Hawks would be strong favourites to be the 3rd seed in the East.

Nielsen: Knowing Morey and his penchant for picking up pieces, he'll get a marginal player or two and some draft picks as a set up for a bigger deal coming at the trade deadline.

Pina: I wrote on CelticsHub earlier this week that trading Asik to Boston for Brandon Bass, Vitor Faverani, and the Los Angeles Clippers' 2015 first-round pick sort of makes sense for everyone involved. I don't necessarily think that's what will happen, but both sides would be happy enough doing it.

McGuire: Three-way deal between Boston, Philadelphia, and Houston. Houston gets Thaddeus Young and Celtics center Vitor Faverani, Boston gets Asik, and Philadelphia gets expiring contracts (Kris Humphries, etc.), and picks. It will not be a total victory for Daryl Morey, but it will get this giant mess over with and the return is acceptable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Even if Danny gives Houston our $10.3MM TPE straight up for Asik ... You wouldn't do that either?

You really are a fool.

The Celtics can't use the 10m trade exception right now because the Celts are hard capped when they did that sign and trade for Keith Bogans.

With or without the trade exception, the Celts CANNOT exceed the 75.75m tax apron.

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Simmons ...

Bill Simmons         @BillSimmons Follow

If I had to bet on an Asik trade: Boston gets him with Philly involved as 3rd team broker. Don't sleep on Boston's 10 mill trade exception.

All they have to do is trade Bogans to a team under the cap for a minor contract or 2nd rd pick. No big deal ....

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it... I really like my idea here and I think its in the works.

This is the best option for Cleveland. They get a better fit at SG in Lee and they get a legit starting SF. That team would be set.