Asik vs. Faverani

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Asik vs. Faverani

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wozzy is already saying Fav is better than Asik because Fav's per 48 minutes is better than Asik's per 48 minutes.

I can't find Fav's regular season stats.

Anyone here can tell me how many regular season games Fav has played in the NBA?

[/QUOTE]

OOH...OOH...I know, I know....call on me!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Asik seems to move way better.  He seems more coordinated. He plays better D.  He rolls to the basket instead of popping.

The only thing fav has on him is a shot.  My guess is that on most nba teams they would give him the three and be happy, but on this c's team they will probably stay with him, just because they can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Asik?  guy is OK, thats it. Fav has better hands, passes better, shoots better from the outside. Vito has not played but we have never seen good hands in Asik, nor shooting from the outside nor great passes. Asik is just a rebounder/under the glass type of guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Asik is a far superior rebounder and defender. But Vitor seems to be more skilled on the offensive end (shooting and passing). Vitor has been the biggest surprise thus far.  I was curious why  da offered this guy 3 years 6 mill, ( a relatively long deal for decent money on a team looking to rebuild) didnt make sense at the time. But now i see y. Great move by da. Vitor is a good backup/ fringe starter on a very bad team (aka celtics).  For 2 mill per that is a good buy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The one knock thus far on Vitor is his inability to PULL DOWN a rebound. He keeps tapping it out to the perimeter, which is better than nothing but not fully effective.

Just my personal opinion, but it would be nice to have BOTH Vitor & Asik, by way of a Brandon Bass or Jeff Green trade. Their skillsets kind of align. Short of having an all-star caliber Center or PF (Aldridge, Gasol type), it would be interesting to have a frontcourt of: Asik, Favarani, Olynyk and Sullinger. Thats three capable 7 footers, two excellent rebounders, three excellent passers, three (potentially) above average for their position shooters/scorers...

i think Asik & Fav will both be above average backup centers. Guys who really earn 25 mpg, but not quite a full 35. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

wozzy is already saying Fav is better than Asik because Fav's per 48 minutes is better than Asik's per 48 minutes.

Anyone here can tell me how many regular season games Fav has played in the NBA?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fierce, can you tell me how many NBA games has Wiggins played? How about Smart?

I don't know if you know this, but those guys are future Celtic HOFers and league MVPs, worth trading our best players and tanking. But I can't find their regular season stats either.

I'm sticking with the mantra, Known Quantity > High Potential

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

Asik seems to move way better.  He seems more coordinated. He plays better D.  He rolls to the basket instead of popping.

The only thing fav has on him is a shot.  My guess is that on most nba teams they would give him the three and be happy, but on this c's team they will probably stay with him, just because they can.

????  Really?  Have you been watching? Faverani is a legit basketball player; Asik is a space-eating, rebounder-defender. Not claiming who is better - that depends on what you need - but to say that Faverani only shoots 3s is denying the evidence.

Last night he took two 3's and made one. The rest of his points came from offensive rebounds, rolls to the basket, dunks, and post-ups. With just that sample, he showed more offensive versatility than Asik will ever have.

Really, all it takes to see the difference is to replay the seamless move where, on the move, he caught on the block on the left side of the basket, faked, spun, and curled in a lefty reverse on the other side of the lane. He recognized what was happening and what was about to happen, calculated his options, and made the move, all in less time than it takes for Bass, Green, Bradley and Lee to settle the ball in their hands. The footwork was perfect and the shot smooth. And it was all done practically before anyone knew what had happened. You will never see Asik do that.

He had six blocks, and he altered or discouraged a few more. He has long arms and great anticipation and timing, but he also has a quickness of mind to go with quick, sure hands. When he outlets out of his defensive rebounds he knows the receiver doesn't want the ball thrown behind him. He leads the guard out and up to start/maintain upcourt push up.

He's tenacious on the glass. He punched out at least 2-3 offensive rebounds adding possessions. Off the ball, he's a hyper-aware defender. In short, he has a basketball mind in a strangely gifted 6'11" body. He really and truly is a basketball player with many skills. 

You may take all of this for granted, but I wouldn't know why. There isn't another player on the team who can do what he did last night. 

It's a small sample size for sure, but the characteristics he has as a player are what they are. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Vitor is the new Vlade! We may have to ask GW what he thinks. I think he was on the Sacramento Kings with Divac and C Webb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

????  Really?  Have you been watching? Faverani is a legit basketball player; Asik is a space-eating, rebounder-defender. Not claiming who is better - that depends on what you need - but to say that Faverani only shoots 3s is denying the evidence.

Last night he took two 3's and made one. The rest of his points came from offensive rebounds, rolls to the basket, dunks, and post-ups. With just that sample, he showed more offensive versatility than Asik will ever have.

Really, all it takes to see the difference is to replay the seamless move where, on the move, he caught on the block on the left side of the basket, faked, spun, and curled in a lefty reverse on the other side of the lane. He recognized what was happening and what was about to happen, calculated his options, and made the move, all in less time than it takes for Bass, Green, Bradley and Lee to settle the ball in their hands. The footwork was perfect and the shot smooth. And it was all done practically before anyone knew what had happened. You will never see Asik do that.

He had six blocks, and he altered or discouraged a few more. He has long arms and great anticipation and timing, but he also has a quickness of mind to go with quick, sure hands. When he outlets out of his defensive rebounds he knows the receiver doesn't want the ball thrown behind him. He leads the guard out and up to start/maintain upcourt push up.

He's tenacious on the glass. He punched out at least 2-3 offensive rebounds adding possessions. Off the ball, he's a hyper-aware defender. In short, he has a basketball mind in a strangely gifted 6'11" body. He really and truly is a basketball player with many skills. 

You may take all of this for granted, but I wouldn't know why. There isn't another player on the team who can do what he did last night. 

It's a small sample size for sure, but the characteristics he has as a player are what they are.

Good post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely don't underestimate the fact that he's been grinding it out for 10 years in the Euro League. I can definitely see him having a strong 10 year NBA career... as a backup Center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Fierce, can you tell me how many NBA games has Wiggins played? How about Smart?

I don't know if you know this, but those guys are future Celtic HOFers and league MVPs, worth trading our best players and tanking. But I can't find their regular season stats either.

I'm sticking with the mantra, Known Quantity > High Potential

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha .... +2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Is anyone else intrigued by a frontcourt foursome of Asik, Favarani, Olynyk and Sullinger?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

My point is Fav DOESN'T HAVE PER 48 MINUTES STATS BECAUSE FAV HAS NOT PLAYED IN A SINGLE REGULAR SEASON GAME TO DATE!

[/QUOTE]

Right. 

Saying Fav > Asik is like saying Wiggins & Smart = Lebron & Harden.

I just wish you sheeple would admit that its less risky to trade the top5 pick for a unknown in the draft.

What happens if Danny whiffs in the 2014 draft with his picks?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Aisk does not play for the Celtics.  Our new center looked pretty good for his pre season game.  KO, V, and Sullinger are a couple of years away but they could be pretty good combination in 24 to 30 months.  We sure looked more like a young NBA team with a center on the court.  Now if we could just find a 2 that we don't seem to have on the team unless someone develops along with our bigs.  Our bigs could function a lot better now if we had a couple of guards that could shoot a good percentage.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well said.Lots of potential to became a good center in this league.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah definitely don't underestimate the fact that he's been grinding it out for 10 years in the Euro League. I can definitely see him having a strong 10 year NBA career... as a backup Center.

[/QUOTE]
    He came to Spain when he was 15.He averag 9 min a game.His team was nor one the lelites in the Spanish league.He is learning very fast,including the languageLots of potential

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

How many starting Centers in the NBA averaged a double-double last season?

Answer: Only 3 - Asik, Dwight, and Vucevic.

Maybe in the near future Faverani will be better than Asik.

But saying that right now Fav is already better than Asik, that's crap.

[/QUOTE]

That is a stupid list, implying that Asik is a top three player:

Would you take his 11.1ppg & 10.7rpg over a player that has 21.1ppg & 9.1rpg or 17.1ppg & 9.9rpg or even 17.8ppg & 9.2rpg?

Also what about?

Noah - 11.9ppg & 11.1rpg

Al Horford - 17.4ppg& 10.2rpg

Sanders - 9.8ppg & 9.5ppg

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's just put it this way, the picks in the top 5 in 2014 have the potential to become better players than Aldridge or Horford.

Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are top 5 picks in their respective drafts.

[/QUOTE]

Aldridge was the 2nd overall pick in the 2006 draft

Horford was the 3rd overall pick in the 2007 draft

??