Asik.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Asik.

Trade with Houston.Send Lee and a first round pick for Asik.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Asik.

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

After today, I would agree.  Add Asik instead of Fav and we have an excellent rotation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Houston should take Bass and Lee for Asik. No picks.

Ainge should maybe think twice about that. This team has chemestry. Those players are both playing well. I'd make a run at something bigger this year, just for the experience and the excitement!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Philly is rumored to be interested ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/656/latest-from-the-asik-trade-front

Why would Philly want to acquire Asik when they have Hawes. That be like getting Asik and then acquiring Howard ... How dumb!

Sarcasm Off ....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hawes will be a perfect fit with Brad's style ... LOL!!!

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/12/6/5177450/sixers-trade-assets-rumors-spencer-hawes-sam-hinkie-evan-turner

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Philly is rumored to be interested ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/656/latest-from-the-asik-trade-front

Why would Philly want to acquire Asik when they have Hawes. That be like getting Asik and then acquiring Howard ... How dumb!

Sarcasm Off ....

[/QUOTE]

You said it yourself, Spencer Hawes will not stay in Philly.

Asik will be cheaper than Hawes as Hawes will ask for a multi-year contract this offseason.

And don't forget the Sixers also have Nerlens Noel.

[/QUOTE]

Story I read says Hawes isn't a good fit with Nerlens and from our perspective he'd be weak (like Fav) on perimeter defense ....

Like Thad, though, any consideration of Hawes' future is directly tied to his fit with Nerlens Noel. And it seems like they don't make the perfect pair. While Hawes' outside game and Nerlens rim-circling work well on offense, the idea of playing either one of them on the perimeter defensively -- especially Spence -- gives me night terrors.

In an ideal scenario, Hawes would be the first big off the bench. Problem is, while he's playing this way, he's worth a lot more money than what the Sixers would like to pay him for that role.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/12/6/5177450/sixers-trade-assets-rumors-spencer-hawes-sam-hinkie-evan-turner

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

True.

But how do we get him?

The Celts would have to pay a steep price for Spencer Hawes.

[/QUOTE]

What's that worth? He's a UFA regardless, so how much can you get for half a season of Spencer? No doubt Hinkie will be hunting for a first-rounder. Contenders that are looking to shore up their frontcourt seem to be the most likely destination, so odds are it'd be a pick in the 20s if we're talking this year.

half a season of Spencer is worth a late first-rounder to a contender that thinks itself one piece away. Teams qualifying that can trade their pick include: Houston, Oklahoma City, and San Antonio. I don't see any of those as wildly likely options, which means a 2015 first-rounder is the better bet.

Sometime within the next two months, Hawes will be moved for a pick or something like a pick (Hinkie-esque undervalued former first-rounder -- Bennett? McCollum? MKG? T-Rob?), and the Sixers will lose more games because of it. Hopefully he goes to a contender where he can prosper in goofitude on a national stage. He deserves as much.

That guy sounds like he thinks the GM would be happy with a mid-first rounder either 2014 or 2015 ... If there really are that many teams vieing for him then a 1st will be paid by someone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Story I read says Hawes isn't a good fit with Nerlens and from our perspective he'd be weak (like Fav) on perimeter defense ....

Like Thad, though, any consideration of Hawes' future is directly tied to his fit with Nerlens Noel. And it seems like they don't make the perfect pair. While Hawes' outside game and Nerlens rim-circling work well on offense, the idea of playing either one of them on the perimeter defensively -- especially Spence -- gives me night terrors.

In an ideal scenario, Hawes would be the first big off the bench. Problem is, while he's playing this way, he's worth a lot more money than what the Sixers would like to pay him for that role.

[/QUOTE]

If the Celts get Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes then I'll believe the Celts will not tank this season.

But if Ainge does nothing to improve this team this month, tanking will officially start after the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree somewhat ... I'd be surprised if a move isn't made by 12/19 so Danny could always flip that player for another. Any trade after 12/19 is a keeper for the season so it could still happen after 12/19 but it would be for a player Danny really wants. If no positive additions were made by 2014 then I'd have to think there was no furthur inclination to upgrade and indeed we could see dumping.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Omer Asik is not a Celtic type player. i highly doubt DA would trade anything more than Gerarld Wallace or Courtney Lee for a team cancer like Asik. and even if DA did trade for the bum it would only be for his huge expiring deal after next season as he is due over $14M in 2014-15.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.

But how do we get him?

The Celts would have to pay a steep price for Spencer Hawes.

[/QUOTE]

What's that worth? He's a UFA regardless, so how much can you get for half a season of Spencer? No doubt Hinkie will be hunting for a first-rounder. Contenders that are looking to shore up their frontcourt seem to be the most likely destination, so odds are it'd be a pick in the 20s if we're talking this year.

half a season of Spencer is worth a late first-rounder to a contender that thinks itself one piece away. Teams qualifying that can trade their pick include: Houston, Oklahoma City, and San Antonio. I don't see any of those as wildly likely options, which means a 2015 first-rounder is the better bet.

Sometime within the next two months, Hawes will be moved for a pick or something like a pick (Hinkie-esque undervalued former first-rounder -- Bennett? McCollum? MKG? T-Rob?), and the Sixers will lose more games because of it. Hopefully he goes to a contender where he can prosper in goofitude on a national stage. He deserves as much.

That guy sounds like he thinks the GM would be happy with a mid-first rounder either 2014 or 2015 ... If there really are that many teams vieing for him then a 1st will be paid by someone.

[/QUOTE]

that's not Boston. Boston is one piece away from becoming an above .500 team. OKC, Houston, Indiana, Clippers, GS, San Antonio... these are contenders that may be one piece away... from a championship.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Omer Asik is not a Celtic type player. i highly doubt DA would trade anything more than Gerarld Wallace or Courtney Lee for a team cancer like Asik. and even if DA did trade for the bum it would only be for his huge expiring deal after next season as he is due over $14M in 2014-15.

[/QUOTE]

++1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I wish I would never see Asik in a thread ever again. The guy thats demanding a trade in Houston and is the closest thing to a role player no more than that..ridiculous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

If Asik's name was Saltalamachia,  these threads would be cut in half. Too easy to type.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well...IF Ainge would do that we'd all know that TANKING is OUT!

I guess we'll see soon enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your trade does not work because salaries do not match.

Bass and Brooks for Asik is better.

[/QUOTE] +1.. bass is themost likely choice. has 2 more years left on his deal, will b on the bench when rr returns and has similar skills as sully. asik changes things big time for us. can play him with both Fave or kelly...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Bass > Asik

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

There is evidence to support Danny's interest in Asik and thus all the interest by posters ... but in 2012 he was attainable when the C's didn't have the cap space. Now that we do, he may be too expensive for Danny's taste.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4695268/summer-romance-cs-mull-asik-offer

At that time Asik was in Chicago and playing for Thibodeau meaning familiarity with the C's system. But with Doc gone and a new system under Brad, Asik may no longer be as attractive as he once was.