Asking Price For Gordon Hayward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Re: Asking Price For Gordon Hayward

A.B. straight straight up for Hayward. Have Bayless play back up pg and a quick two with Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to poopsteo's comment:

A.B. straight straight up for Hayward. Have Bayless play back up pg and a quick two with Rondo.

Why give up AB for Hayward when you can give up Joel Anthony for Hayward, straight up?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't think he's a player to build around. He's one of those key players you'd put around a core. The problem is, right now the C's only have one core guy to build on in Sully. I don't count Rondo, because I feel with him at his peak now, he's best used to get the pieces that will become a core player or two. As long as all the kids who "should" come out in the draft actually do, then that draft pick should produce a core player. And if Rondo can be used to pick up another core guy, then you can start spending money on your complimentary pieces.

And in addition...if you're going to have to spend money matching offers for him next season, why wouldn't you just be the team the Jazz need to match and hope for the best. I think that's the better route over sending two picks to the Jazz. If he was that key guy like a Ray Allen, then sure, throw the picks in and pay what he requires, but Hayward is more of a Posey than a big 3 guy. (in terms of addition to the team, not skill set).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

I don't think he's a player to build around. He's one of those key players you'd put around a core. The problem is, right now the C's only have one core guy to build on in Sully. I don't count Rondo, because I feel with him at his peak now, he's best used to get the pieces that will become a core player or two. As long as all the kids who "should" come out in the draft actually do, then that draft pick should produce a core player. And if Rondo can be used to pick up another core guy, then you can start spending money on your complimentary pieces.

And in addition...if you're going to have to spend money matching offers for him next season, why wouldn't you just be the team the Jazz need to match and hope for the best. I think that's the better route over sending two picks to the Jazz. If he was that key guy like a Ray Allen, then sure, throw the picks in and pay what he requires, but Hayward is more of a Posey than a big 3 guy. (in terms of addition to the team, not skill set).

You'd rather keep Joel Anthony than trade him for Hayward?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to poopsteo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why give up AB for Hayward when you can give up Joel Anthony for Hayward, straight up?

[/QUOTE]

Because the Jazz aren't going to give up a young player they like for a guy who hasn't seen the court in three years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Because the Jazz aren't going to give up a young player they like for a guy who hasn't seen the court in three years.

But according to a source, not reliable, Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward is VERY fair!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But according to a source, not reliable, Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward is VERY fair!

[/QUOTE]

That may be true...but Joel Anthony and picks isn't Joel Anthony straight up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

What is his asking price?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I said the same thing about Hayward not being  a core guy, a very good complimentary player like jgreen or ab, we already have enough of those guys, but to say rondo a 4x all star is not a core guy is ridic. I can understand y some may be hesitant  to give him a max contract  but to say hes not a core player is just wrong. He is one of the few  players on the cs who could start for a legit playoff team. (my defenition of a core player, someone who can be a starter on a playoff team)

I do agree that sully  is trending towards that as well. (he has been our best player this season). Ab, jgree,bbass, hump are all guys who would be very good rotational players for playoff team/fringe starters....I used to  consider ab as a core piece, but he seems to be injury prone, prob due to his lack of size and aggressive style of play, which you have to consider before signing him to a 4/32-36 type deal. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said the same thing about Hayward not being  a core guy, a very good complimentary player like jgreen or ab, we already have enough of those guys, but to say rondo a 4x all star is not a core guy is ridic. I can understand y some may be hesitant  to give him a max contract  but to say hes not a core player is just wrong. He is one of the few  players on the cs who could start for a legit playoff team. (my defenition of a core player, someone who can be a starter on a playoff team)

I do agree that sully  is trending towards that as well. (he has been our best player this season). Ab, jgree,bbass, hump are all guys who would be very good rotational players for playoff team/fringe starters....I used to  consider ab as a core piece, but he seems to be injury prone, prob due to his lack of size and aggressive style of play, which you have to consider before signing him to a 4/32-36 type deal. 

[/QUOTE]

What I meant is that he's not going to be a core guy for this team. The rebuilding process is going to take a few years, and I feel it's better to trade Rondo now for a guy who will be part of the core when it comes time to be competitive. I'm looking for the Celtics to build more like the Thunder than the Lakers or even the 08 Celts, going young and growing up together instead of pulling in aging vets (as your core guys) who will only have a few years of dominance left.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That may be true...but Joel Anthony and picks isn't Joel Anthony straight up.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed:-)

The board has spoken

Two first tound picks is certainly a VERY fair offer. One will be 17-20 in a DEEP draft, the other could possibly be in the lotto next year. Several people would not want Hayward at all for 11-12 million a year... let alone giving up two good draft picks for him.

Anthony is just there to make the contracts work... duh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Aging vets? Rondo is 27, hes in his prime. Show me one super young team other than okc and golden state that have been succesfull going that route? For every okc, there is cleveland,orlando,bobcats, milwaukee,minn philly, sac, utah etc, that flounder for YEARS trying to build thru the draft. You need to be very lucky with the ping pong balls and have to  hit on all your picks too. A lot of things have to go right.  When you also factor the cs are never going be bad enough to land a top 3 pick these next few years it makes even less sense to go that route. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think it's actually too good of an offer. I wouldn't do it. And I like Hayward. If there was a solid core in place and you were looking to add that key complimentary piece that he can be, I'm all for it. But when they are in this situation, I'm all about the draft picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo is actually tunring 28 in only 4 days (2/22) but  thats still in his prime :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy blows another one with his idiotic 'HAHAHA's' missing the big picture as always.

His desire to attack and bully left him up the creek without a paddle once I proved why I was right to say the offer was at least fair. He could do nothing to prove why it was not except lie and type that it was an Anthony for Hayward swap and fail to mention the picks. That's what people who know they've lost do.

Like when he tried to say I thought 'Rondo for George Hill' was 'fair' when really it was Rondo for two first round picks and 27 million in savings that I was willing to 'argue' over being fair (but in the end it was a deal I would not do). Hill was just a nice complementary player thrown into the deal who Danny could trade later for something. Probably a 2015 1st rd pick from a playoff team.

Meaning it was THREE 1st rd picks (albeit in the 20's) and 35 million in $ savings for Rondo. Not 'Rondo for Hill' another one of Fiercy's losses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it's actually too good of an offer. I wouldn't do it. And I like Hayward. If there was a solid core in place and you were looking to add that key complimentary piece that he can be, I'm all for it. But when they are in this situation, I'm all about the draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

+1 on the Ben Coates avatar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward.

[/QUOTE]

Per CSNNE.COM/A.Sherrod Blakely

The biggest challenge appears to be finding assets currently on the Celtics' roster that are appealing to the Jazz.

Despite Utah's desperate need for a point guard, there's little interest in Rajon Rondo primarily because they don't anticipate he'll re-sign with the club beyond his current contract which is up in the summer of 2015.

Jeff Green is another option, but the Jazz aren't all that interested in him, either.

It would appear the one thing that might nudge Utah towards giving serious thought to dealing Hayward, would be if the Celtics were willing to part with at least one of their stockpiled first-round picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Thanks for the post Mployee:-)

Just in this thread alone we had this from Fiercy;

Come on guys, Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward and you will not agree?

So if rame says Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward is VERY fair, it must be true, right?

HAHAHA

Then he continues his whiny begging

Come on guys, Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward and you're going to say no?

Finally he decides being a misleading liar might win people over to his side... so he conveniently leaves out the TWO first round picks I was trading for Hayward and begins to only mention the contract needed to make the $ work. Can't make this up. So pathetic.

You'd rather keep Joel Anthony than trade him for Hayward?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I've changed my mind about Hayward after reading the news articles on his recent performances and what the Jazz perceive his value to be.

I wouldn't trade our 2015 pick for him b/c it could still be in the lotto.

Anthony, the Hawks/Nets pick and the Clippers '15 pick (lotto protected just to be sure) for Hayward.

I mean you gotta admit, that is VERY fair..... right Fiercy?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Again, Hayward was a #9 pick. He shoots 40% F&G and 30% 3pt. His stats are similar to JG. He wants more money then JGs contract. Why would we trade JG and another 1st that would be a top 10 pick or two for him?  Because he played for the coach? 

Best plan will be to continue Tankapalooza 1 this year.  See what position we land in. Then see what we get for our draft position. If there aren't great offers then we move on toTankapalooza part 2 next year.  Don't put your money into complementary players until you have a couple stars. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I've changed my mind about Hayward after reading the news articles on his recent performances and what the Jazz perceive his value to be.

I wouldn't trade our 2015 pick for him b/c it could still be in the lotto.

Anthony, the Hawks/Nets pick and the Clippers '15 pick (lotto protected just to be sure) for Hayward.

I mean you gotta admit, that is VERY fair..... right Fiercy?

In the end Joel Anthony and whatever picks you can think of for Gordon Hayward will not happen.

I win.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Hey Mployee, what happned to the crickets that were supposed to be on this thread?

HAHAHA