Asking Price For Gordon Hayward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Asking Price For Gordon Hayward

In response to mellymel2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, Hayward was a #9 pick. He shoots 40% F&G and 30% 3pt. His stats are similar to JG. He wants more money then JGs contract. Why would we trade JG and another 1st that would be a top 10 pick or two for him?  Because he played for the coach? 

Best plan will be to continue Tankapalooza 1 this year.  See what position we land in. Then see what we get for our draft position. If there aren't great offers then we move on toTankapalooza part 2 next year.  Don't put your money into complementary players until you have a couple stars. 

[/QUOTE]

Correct...there's real core building to be done, and Hayward ain't it!

[/QUOTE]

If there were no salary cap I might do the deal. But, we have AB, GW, and JG. Do we need take another $12.5m + tying us up? AB and Rondo will want to be paid too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Mployee, what happned to the crickets that were supposed to be on this thread?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Rames an interesting guy ... he draws a crowd!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

If there were no salary cap I might do the deal. But, we have AB, GW, and JG. Do we need take another $12.5m + tying us up? AB and Rondo will want to be paid too. 

So true.

Some Celtic fans here are living in fantasy land.

So lame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Yeah, anybody who's stupid enough to think the Jazz will take Joel Anthony for Gordon Hayward will surely draw a crowd.

I mean the idea is beyond stupid!

HAHAHA

Also, rame proved you wrong by posting on this thread, my thread, even when you told him not to post here.

HAHAHA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So true.

Some Celtic fans here are living in fantasy land.

So lame.

[/QUOTE]
    I think he's referring to you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, anybody who's stupid enough to think the Jazz will take Joel Anthony for Gordon Hayward will surely draw a crowd.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Is it an intellectual disability that is resulting in his still typing about the throw in player just in the deal to make the $ work intead of the TWO 1st round picks Hayward is actually being traded for?

Or is it the sinking terrible knowledge that Fiercy is once again wrong when going up against Ram and has been humiliated on this thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Is it an intellectual disability that is resulting in his still typing about the throw in player just in the deal to make the $ work intead of the TWO 1st round picks Hayward is actually being traded for?

Or is it the sinking terrible knowledge that Fiercy is once again wrong when going up against Ram and has been humiliated on this thread?

What's humiliating is you making trade proposals everyday and none of them pan out.

You've been making trade proposals since I joined this board back in 2009.

It's been 5 years and not a single one of your proposals came to fruition.

The difference between you and I is I can guarantee that Hayward will not become a Celtic this season.

That's something you can't do because you think the Jazz are stupid enough to take Joel Anthony and picks for Hayward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's embarrassed ... I mean, who plasters a board with someone else's post trying to make fun of it and when nobody takes the bait he makes it an absurd trade by reporting only one part of the deal to gain a negative response. All an effort to discredit the other poster for what?  So readers will trust in him? So he's the only one with valid posts and ideas? This is a chat board for heaven sakes!  What's wrong with this guy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's embarrassed ... I mean, who plasters a board with someone else's post trying to make fun of it and when nobody takes the bait he makes it an absurd trade by reporting only one part of the deal to gain a negative response. All an effort to discredit the other poster for what?  So readers will trust in him? So he's the only one with valid posts and ideas? This is a chat board for heaven sakes!  What's wrong with this guy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.... exactly

I mean... the 'idea' of trading two first round picks for Gordon Hayward is 'beyond stupid'??

There are NBA insiders reporting that ONE first round pick would heat up discussions between the teams.

What a clown!

I mean we saw last week he has no clue about the current CBA when he thought free agents could still be signed away from their current teams for 5 year deals....

But he does understand that Joel Anthony is ONLY in the trade for $ purposes right? He knows that teams have to come within a certain % of matching salaries right?

He gets that the trade is Hayward for TWO first round picks right?

That is 'beyond stupid'?

hehe, the guy has egg ALL OVER his face and is resorting to name calling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Seriously, Mployee, are you really that gullible?

You side when rame and now you're looking like a total idiot.

I mean you're asking the Jazz to let the Celtics dump Joel Anthony, and his 3.8m next season, on the Jazz and the Jazz would give the Celtics one of their best players?

Also, Ainge would never give up a 1st round pick for a restricted FA.

You guys might be stupid, but Ainge is not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

I mean you're asking the Jazz to let the Celtics dump Joel Anthony, and his 3.8m next season, on the Jazz and the Jazz would give the Celtics one of their best players?

as long as its a protected pick...  I think da might do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If its beyond the top ten... then i think da might do it.

[/QUOTE]

Yes ... Does Fiercy have any idea what the value is for a 1st round draft pick these days? Utah certainly does ....

Utah took on a whopping $25 million in salary that it didn't want in the forms of Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson and Brandon Rush, purely to acquire two first-round picks and three second-round picks from the Golden State Warriors. The Jazz did this because it was more beneficial to their long-term rebuilding goal to target first-round picks, and that amount of money is now the cost of acquiring them. Or at least, it should be. First-round picks should be a valued commodity, much more than they were. Now, it seems as though they finally are.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/6/5072578/nba-trades-first-round-picks

So a first round pick with Anthony as matching salary is pretty fair and as you can see above, Utah has proven that they understand the value and are willing to take some deadwood to get one. Only problem is Danny does too and he has to want Hayward bad enough to give up that 1st rounder and have confidence that he can resign Hayward as Fiercy does point out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes ... Does Fiercy have any idea what the value is for a 1st round draft pick these days? Utah certainly does ....

Utah took on a whopping $25 million in salary that it didn't want in the forms of Andris Biedrins, Richard Jefferson and Brandon Rush, purely to acquire two first-round picks and three second-round picks from the Golden State Warriors. The Jazz did this because it was more beneficial to their long-term rebuilding goal to target first-round picks, and that amount of money is now the cost of acquiring them. Or at least, it should be. First-round picks should be a valued commodity, much more than they were. Now, it seems as though they finally are.

So a first round pick with Anthony as matching salary is pretty fair and as you can see above, Utah has proven that they understand the value and are willing to take some deadwood to get one. Only problem is Danny does too and he has to want Hayward bad enough to give up that 1st rounder and have confidence that he can resign Hayward as Fiercy does point out.

[/QUOTE]

everyone here should realize that hayward is not a superstar... not even a star player. For me he is just another mediocre player. So anthony and protected picks would work imo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

everyone here should realize that hayward is not a superstar... not even a star player. For me he is just another mediocre player. So anthony and protected picks would work imo.

[/QUOTE]

It's a fair deal ... rather than pay Hayward $10-12MM/yr the Jazz can lock up another draft pick for a few million per year ... Let's see, $10MM over 5 yrs or $10MM/yr for 5 years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a fair deal ... rather than pay Hayward $10-12MM/yr the Jazz can lock up another draft pick for a few million per year ... Let's see, $10MM over 5 yrs or $10MM/yr for 5 years?

[/QUOTE]

I'm good with it... as long as its a top 10(protected) or you may include the sixers pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

So what are you going to do with AB? You'll get pennies on the dollar for him because other teams know that our hands are tied And we don't really need him.  You let him walk at the end of the season?  Do you keep AB and then have a special cushioned seat set up for GW at the far end of the bench to let him sit until his contract expires? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm good with it... as long as its a top 10(protected) or you may include the sixers pick.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the best part is that Hayward is a RFA ... I mean, if the C's trade for him (giving up a 1st rd pk) is there another team out there that thinks they can outbid the C's to get him?  And if the kid doesn't want to play for his college coach who does he want to play for?  I haven't heard any talk of him wanting to go here or there like we have with Love. I think nows the time to make the deal if Danny really wants him ... otherwise it may cost him much more over the summer if he even can land him then. Based on what Brad's had to say about him, I'm pretty convince that the C's braintrust sees much more in him than some of the posters around here but that's nothing new ... they'll all be on the bandwagon if/when he's a Celtic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the best part is that Hayward is a RFA ... I mean, if the C's trade for him (giving up a 1st rd pk) is there another team out there that thinks they can outbid the C's to get him?  And if the kid doesn't want to play for his college coach who does he want to play for?  I haven't heard any talk of him wanting to go here or there like we have with Love. I think nows the time to make the deal if Danny really wants him ... otherwise it may cost him much more over the summer if he even can land him then. Based on what Brad's had to say about him, I'm pretty convince that the C's braintrust sees much more in him than some of the posters around here but that's nothing new ... they'll all be on the bandwagon if/when he's a Celtic.

[/QUOTE]

agree. but honestly... I dont see him as our number 1 guy. I'm still in the camp of getting waiters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree. but honestly... I dont see him as our number 1 guy. I'm still in the camp of getting waiters.

[/QUOTE]

Cavs are rumored to have taken Waiters off their tradables list. They think they can get more this summer ... must be the Up & Comers affect.

Yeah, I don't see Hayward as a go to guy either but he'd be a serious upgrade to Green ... more consistant, higher ceiling and more versatile. He'd just be a piece to go with Sully and Rondo. Still need that scoring SG or SF that can be that guy and another big.

Speaking of Sully ... CSNNE had some guy on tonight answering which players should go vs stay and he thought Sully s/b traded now. Seems that he doesn't feel Sully is the type to take his conditioning seriously and that it won't change soon resulting in more physical problems in the future. So sell high while everyone is positive on him ... does make some sense when you factor in the back/weight variables to his longevity as a baller. He's lost a few pounds but he hasn't yet shown any semblance of what Perk & Davis accomplished in the weight room. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

It's true that Dion Waiters has more potential than AB or Gordon Hayward.

But Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony and picks is one of the stupidest trade proposals every made!

Again, Gordon Hayward will NOT be a Celtic this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

Why would we want to give up draft picks for a 2 month rental when we really want to improve our young core while losing to improve our draft position. We can try to get him as a free agent in the summer and still keep our picks. The problem with giving up picks for a veteran is the veteran will cost a lot more then the picks on a rookie deal. I would rather build through the draft an as those players develop then make a move for a veteran free agent to go with our young core. I think it is to early in the process to get hayward and will make us a middle of the road team without a lot of cap space.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

It's true that Dion Waiters has more potential than AB or Gordon Hayward.

But Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony and picks is one of the stupidest trade proposals every made!

Again, Gordon Hayward will NOT be a Celtic this season.

[/QUOTE]

Again, the trade idea was a VERY fair offer, it was NOT a prediction of course.

Fiercy looks like a moron for laughing at it, misrepresenting it, lying about it and calling it stupid when everyone on this board and thread has told him it is more than fair value and he's on his own pathetic little ignorant island.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cavs are rumored to have taken Waiters off their tradables list. They think they can get more this summer ... must be the Up & Comers affect.

Yeah, I don't see Hayward as a go to guy either but he'd be a serious upgrade to Green ... more consistant, higher ceiling and more versatile. He'd just be a piece to go with Sully and Rondo. Still need that scoring SG or SF that can be that guy and another big.

Speaking of Sully ... CSNNE had some guy on tonight answering which players should go vs stay and he thought Sully s/b traded now. Seems that he doesn't feel Sully is the type to take his conditioning seriously and that it won't change soon resulting in more physical problems in the future. So sell high while everyone is positive on him ... does make some sense when you factor in the back/weight variables to his longevity as a baller. He's lost a few pounds but he hasn't yet shown any semblance of what Perk & Davis accomplished in the weight room. 

[/QUOTE]

Sully and Rondo are the best players on the team...stupid idea to trade him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Again, the trade idea was a VERY fair offer, it was NOT a prediction of course.

Fiercy looks like a moron for laughing at it, misrepresenting it, lying about it and calling it stupid when everyone on this board and thread has told him it is more than fair value and he's on his own pathetic little ignorant island.

VERY fair?

That's why I keep laughing every time you say that.

You would rather look like a total idiot than admit that it's a pipe dream.

Bottom line is it will not happen.

Why do want to talk about something that will never happen?

Oh, I forgot, you live in a fantasy world, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Lebron James for Kris Humphries, Keith Bogans, and 3 unprotected 1st round picks is also VERY fair.

But nobody here will talk about it because it will NEVER happen!

Just like there is ZERO chance the Jazz will traded Hayward for Joel Anthony.